wanna build a fiero for the show "pinks" ?

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

stimpy wrote:Why not an automatic? Is the weight trade off for the strength and reliability worth it? It's got to go a best 3 out of 5, remember.
maybe a modified 4t80e
fiero-X kept blowing up the 4t60 or 65 with his turbo 3800
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

I thought it was manual trannys he kept blowing. Then again, I may not have been paying the closest attention.
DreX

Post by DreX »

Actually I read somewhere that the "GM drag ecotecs" are running with "buildt" automatics and they are holding quite well. Cant remember the model tho. :(

A good point for the automatics is that you can press the brake while accelerating in the tree and will build bust right out of the line.

Good spot stimpy :thumbleft:
84fierotrevor

Post by 84fierotrevor »

what about a ls1? with a supercharger? built and running nitro?
Mr. Pat

Post by Mr. Pat »

84fierotrevor wrote:what about a ls1? with a supercharger? built and running nitro?
Why stop there? Go a full bore lingenfelter twin turbo. Front engine running slicks.
86 GT, LT1/4T60-E...slower than a crippled dog.
product1620

Post by product1620 »

a built 3800sc or 3800 turbo with an auto is the only way to go. Why not have every one contribute some doe, and have sinister build it??? that would be kick ass advertisement for his shop, and we all get the satisfaction of seeing one of our beloved economy cars running down the 1320 on national t.v.
1998 Mustang GT
You can't piss on what you can't catch.
product1620

Post by product1620 »

on second thought, it would be pretty fucking messed up if it caught on fire going down the strip; our wonderful reputation would be ravamped! :la:
1998 Mustang GT
84fierotrevor

Post by 84fierotrevor »

product1620 wrote:on second thought, it would be pretty fucking messed up if it caught on fire going down the strip; our wonderful reputation would be ravamped! :la:
thats fine, keep the prices down on fieros, it will insure that all the cheap fiero owners, stick to there fiero's
if sinstier wants to do that, Im down to throw in cash.

also, I will throw in extra cash, if while negoating, u just blurt out somthing like. no way! I want 3 lanes! shelby didn't sign my dash!

or, fine you run no nitro, and give me 3 lanes, this isn't cali kids car you know!
DreX

Post by DreX »

84fierotrevor wrote:
product1620 wrote:on second thought, it would be pretty fucking messed up if it caught on fire going down the strip; our wonderful reputation would be ravamped! :la:
thats fine, keep the prices down on fieros, it will insure that all the cheap fiero owners, stick to there fiero's
if sinstier wants to do that, Im down to throw in cash.

also, I will throw in extra cash, if while negoating, u just blurt out somthing like. no way! I want 3 lanes! shelby didn't sign my dash!

or, fine you run no nitro, and give me 3 lanes, this isn't cali kids car you know!

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
product1620

Post by product1620 »

84fierotrevor wrote:

omg, I would laugh my fucking ass off, if someone said that, hell, I volunteer, if I can be in with "the crew" :thumbleft:
1998 Mustang GT
product1620

Post by product1620 »

Oh, and the crew members have to wear RFT shirts, and the car has to have the RFT license plate cover. :thumbleft:
1998 Mustang GT
84fierotrevor

Post by 84fierotrevor »

product1620 wrote:Oh, and the crew members have to wear RFT shirts, and the car has to have the RFT license plate cover. :thumbleft:
i think the shirts, and plate, should say somthing to do with the shop of whoever builds the fiero.
product1620

Post by product1620 »

I was thinking that a top of the windshield, hood, and door, decals wold be sufficient for that, they also say the name of the shops during the show, and in the credits I believe.
1998 Mustang GT
84fierotrevor

Post by 84fierotrevor »

product1620 wrote:I was thinking that a top of the windshield, hood, and door, decals wold be sufficient for that, they also say the name of the shops during the show, and in the credits I believe.
it would be a forum vs forum grudge match.

realfierotech.com vs ephatch.com so the real fiero tech name would show up a few places.

as for the stickers on the cars, I am unsure what is or isn't allowed as far as that goes, I will talk with nate again, "casting director of pinks" once I have 2 forums commited to a match.
product1620

Post by product1620 »

your allowd to have decals, trust me, Nates mustang (last season) had decals all over it.
1998 Mustang GT
84fierotrevor

Post by 84fierotrevor »

i'll take your word for it :thumbleft: in that case, I will have a " calikid this" sticker made.
product1620

Post by product1620 »

hahah, Go for it!
1998 Mustang GT
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

hmm sponsors... might work out with sponsors.. get some tire/rack sponsorship for the slicks and rims, ZZP sponsorship for some 3800parts, etc.
product1620

Post by product1620 »

Kohburn wrote:hmm sponsors... might work out with sponsors.. get some tire/rack sponsorship for the slicks and rims, ZZP sponsorship for some 3800parts, etc.
maybe the'll even give us a pair of those alluminum heads :thumbleft:
1998 Mustang GT
whipped

Post by whipped »

DreX wrote:Actually I read somewhere that the "GM drag ecotecs" are running with "buildt" automatics and they are holding quite well. Cant remember the model tho. :(
Theirs were 4t65e's, but they were modified into 3 speeds...

I think sponsors will be the key to success here... Tell them they'll be on national TV, and they'll loosen their drawers