04 GTO or 01 BMW 525i?

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

product1620

Post by product1620 »

donk_316 wrote:WHAT?!!!

The BMW should WIN hands down!!! Who the hell would ever ditch a BMW for a friggin GM!

:hammer: Maybe you should put "import elitist" in your sig.
1998 Mustang GT
You can't piss on what you can't catch.
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

done!
Resident Import Elitist
-------------------------
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
whipped

Post by whipped »

Goat.

As ugly as it is, it's still better looking than the BMW.... and it's got power...

:thumbleft:
Fast88Fiero

Post by Fast88Fiero »

There are a few reasons I like the GTO. I like it because it doesnt really stand out but it's fast. I defenatly like sleepers. I have driven this car (drove it over a weekend) and it defenatly does not feel like your everyday GM vehicle. It doesnt have the squeaks and rattles that other GM's like the Grand Prix or Impala have. It doesnt even feel like you're driving a GM! The handeling on the GTO is up there with my BMW. Another reason I like it. The BMW may have the "bling" factory, but who really gives a shit about that? If I'm going to spend some of my $$ on a car I'm going to make me happy. My car doesnt need to get me pussy, thats for sure. I also dont care too much about reliability since I wrench on cars for a living. Parts are cheap and I can fix the car at work with air tools and my hoist. Besides, anything has to be more reliable than my DSM was......

I do like the BMW. It's reliable and gets ok gas mileage. It's NOT fast. That takes some of the fun out of it. It's also not anything special. If it was a M5 we wouldnt be having this debate. If I could pick up a 01 or newer M5 for the same price as I can this GTO I would take the M5. Maybe I should sell the Fiero, buy the GTO and keep the BMW. I'm driving the GTO again this weekend and will probably buy it on monday. I've wanted one since they came out and this is an awesome deal. :thumbleft:

And yes, Most of the GM and Ford vehicles overseas are 100x better than the cars we get here in North America.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OcxVw6qxfs

They test the LS1 monaro and love it.

Sounds like you have already made up your mind.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

What bothers me is that GM didn't just bring over the monaro and keep the monaro name. It would have been WAY more successful than the grand prix looking GTO. Just using the GTO name turned a lot of people off because it shares nothing in common from the muscle car everybody remembers.

The Monaro is a cool car and I think it looks better than the GTO, but the GTO is still a cool car.
whipped

Post by whipped »

:withstupid:
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

whipped wrote::withstupid:
:withstupid:
84fierotrevor

Post by 84fierotrevor »

why don't you get a 540? with the m package?
i know it isnt a m5 but its much quciker then your 525
All I could find was a 03 530i with the m package. and it ran us 30 grand.
with 25 thousand miles.

the 540 we drove was pretty quick tho! of course no m5.

bmw looks way better then the gto.

my srt-4 with stage 2 and boost controler was hanging with a gto when him i got into a fight for who would get on the onramp faster.
we where dead even untell the lane was becoming one and he slamed on his brakes.
then he got pissed and tried to floor it past me and i stomped the gas as well and we stayed even for like 20 seconds, then i let off and said fuck it.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

He would have taken you top end.
Fast88Fiero

Post by Fast88Fiero »

Well, the GTO is sitting in my driveway. As long as the BMW sells the GTO will be mine. :thumbleft:
product1620

Post by product1620 »

awesome dude, I hope the bimmer sells and everything works out. :thumbleft:
1998 Mustang GT
Fast88Fiero

Post by Fast88Fiero »

And like that they decide they really want $20K so I told them to fuck off. I will be saving my money and getting a NEW GTO in the spring. Stupid used car department at my work..... :cussing:
84fierotrevor

Post by 84fierotrevor »

Fast88Fiero wrote:And like that they decide they really want $20K so I told them to fuck off. I will be saving my money and getting a NEW GTO in the spring. Stupid used car department at my work..... :cussing:
m5 engine swap, 540 engine swap, 540engine swap with supercharger,

turbo/supercharge current engine.
Fast88Fiero

Post by Fast88Fiero »

84fierotrevor wrote:
Fast88Fiero wrote:And like that they decide they really want $20K so I told them to fuck off. I will be saving my money and getting a NEW GTO in the spring. Stupid used car department at my work..... :cussing:
m5 engine swap, 540 engine swap, 540engine swap with supercharger,

turbo/supercharge current engine.
Thats not going to happen. If I was going to waist my time modding my BMW I would just buy a M5. I'm defenatly not baller enough for that yet. Plus I like how reliable my BMW is. I'm pretty sure that would go out the window if I turbocharged or supercharged it. If I'm going to turbocharge anything it will be the Fiero. :thumbleft:
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Exactly, keep the bmw for your nice daily. Its reliable and 4 doors. Can haul your family/parents when the come to visit and do it comfortably to boot.

You have your fiero to modify and be your toy/speed car.
Fast88Fiero

Post by Fast88Fiero »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:Exactly, keep the bmw for your nice daily. Its reliable and 4 doors. Can haul your family/parents when the come to visit and do it comfortably to boot.

LOL! Whats up with all the "Fiero Love" from you lately? I though you disliked Fiero's! :la: :bootyshake:
88 coupe: 2.0 turbo 4. T25, w2a, meth injection
whipped

Post by whipped »

Fast88Fiero wrote: LOL! Whats up with all the "Fiero Love" from you lately? I though you disliked Fiero's! :la: :bootyshake:
his runs now, so he has the hots for it

:rofl:
product1620

Post by product1620 »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:Exactly, keep the bmw for your nice daily. Its reliable and 4 doors. Can haul your family/parents when the come to visit and do it comfortably to boot.

WOW, a non negative remark toward the Fiero, Im proud of you, shaun! :thumbleft:
1998 Mustang GT