What is it that makes the fiero great?

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

TrotFox

Post by TrotFox »

Jeez... and there I though I got a good deal on my Formula.

$4500 with 48K miles in '98. I was soooo ripped off! :blah5:

Red 5spd Formula
Trot, the gray, fox...
Xanth

Post by Xanth »

lol mine's a project, with about 90k miles. But it did run and drive before I pulled it all apart.
Erik

Post by Erik »

its easy to replace, it pisses people off, and ...its not normal
V8Archie

Post by V8Archie »

Last edited by V8Archie on Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slow'n'steady

Post by slow'n'steady »

my $.02

Besides the fact they look Outstanding and are cheap, its like driving a go-kart. I mean even with the stock 2.5L i was having a blast drivin my fiero! I cant wait for the day i actually get to take my DOHC for a drive that is longer than 1/4 mile :thumbleft:
I honestly dont think i would trade my fiero for anything. I have had MUCH faster, more comfortable cars for sure, but the fiero is still by far my favorite! Hell i spent nearly 18 months and roughly $5K building my neon EXACTLY how i wanted it, then sold it literally 3 days after it was finished to buy stuff for the fiero i jus pulled out of a field where it has sat for YEARS. Love (for the fiero) makes you do crazy things :love10:

oh yeah... "THE CHICKS DIG 'EM!"
slow'n'steady

Post by slow'n'steady »

V8Archie wrote:What I love about Fiero's are the owners... They're dumb enough to buy my shitty swap parts and or have me (I mean my crew) install the swap/parts for them. I keep going bankrupt and then Madcurl bails me out!

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
FormulaPilot

Post by FormulaPilot »

Hmmm. Let's see. It's cheap, fun, and after you get the hang of it's quirky mechanicals, reliable. There are pickup trucks that accellerate faster. There are station wagons that have higher top speed. But a Fiero is LOTS more fun to drive. It has mid-engine handling. Some people say that there are lots of better handling cars. Not sure I agree. If you're looking for auto-x type handling (quick back & forth turns, u-turns around pylons, etc), then, yes, there are plenty of better cars. If you're wanting to enjoy some curvy mountain roads, the Fiero (at least 88's, I don't know about the others) aquit themselves quite well. I think you would have to go >30K to get better handling, maybe more. I had my Formula for years before I finally got the front alignment done right with the correct caster. I couldn't believe the increase in grip. I suspect that many who badmouth the handling of 88 Fiero's have never driven one with a good alignment. But, I admit that I could be wrong. Modern cars, after all, have had the benefit of decades of technology advancement.

Bottom line: It provides the most fun for the buck of any car I've owned, or any I've driven. But I have no delusion that it's the best car on the road.
teamhavok2

Post by teamhavok2 »

Fieros are cool because the piss people off. Honda's and covettes up here will reve there engines and try to race me but when i don't rev back or try to race they get pissed because they don't know what the car is let alone what it can do. plus there's only 4 fieros in my city. Oh and don't worry I don't think my fieros fast just fun. Although I've heard there's a sticker i can get that adds 10 hp... no offense honda owners
Silver 85 GT-scratch that
Maroon and sliver 86 GT
Project Life