Vista from a power user's perspective. My experience.

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

Mach10
Mach10 offers you his protection.

Post by Mach10 »

"Experienced" doesn't imply smarter. It implies that you have experience with the subject material.

Describing yourself as a POWER user implies that you are superior to others, but without actually implying how. When describing a skill-set, it's pretentious and empty--the exact qualifications for a buzz-word.

The more traditional usage of "Power User" is simpy a set of priveledges a specific account has. More access than a guest or user, but not as much as a full administrator. It's easier to type than "Priviledged User."
"Oh, this is too good. She thinks you're a servant... Cause you're black! This is greatest moment in my miserable life... Sooo-ey! I LOVE RACISM!"
88GTneverfinsihed

Post by 88GTneverfinsihed »

yea the experience index of 2.0 should have been your first clue.

Your hardware sucks.

Vista is designed for dual core cpu's, 2gb ddr2 with dual raptor raid and dx10 cards.

It will run well on much less than that but the goal is next gen, not what worked well 5 years ago.

Everybody cryed the same when xp came out. Wahh my p2 266 doesn't run well. MS sucks.

software and hardware go hand in hand. Vista on the right hardware spendy as it is freakin rocks
z.MacK
Use a smaller avatar

Post by z.MacK »

I have been running vistax64 beta for about 4 months now. Its been going flawlessly. All my games run fine, only prob I have had is firefox crashes sometimes and my tvtuner doesnt work. All of my games work just fine.

My experience is @ 4.0, thats with 2gig ram and a 64bit 2.2 gig athlon. I dont use my system as much as I use to , but I like vista way better then XP. Its much more modern.

Im going to spend the 200$ and buy a copy when the 64 bit is out.
cactus bastard

Post by cactus bastard »

Mach10 wrote: No mechanic would call himself a "Motor Vehicle Manual Technologist."
ooh ooh ooh
There's a guy on the quad4 forum who's actually like that.
It's hillarious. He's pretty dim, but he thinks he's a god.
I think his frequently mentioned description of himself includes the word "master" too. Or maybe "Ultra"
Why would you eat bad ice cream?
Falcon4

Post by Falcon4 »

FWIW, a quick update... I'm up to 5 days, 5 hours uptime on Vista so far. Pretty impressive considering all the whacked-out crap I do with my system each day. Hundreds of programs opened and closed, crashed programs, lockups, hardware installed and removed, and still no hard system crashes or needs to reboot. Kinda neat.

I have gotten a few "click here to activate windows" notifications but nothing saying I'm running out of time... :scratch:
'87 Fiero GT, Automatic, 153... 156... 157... 158... 161k... 163k... 165k... 168k... SHIT I LOST COUNT
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Falcon4 wrote:still no hard system crashes or needs to reboot. Kinda neat.
What? You just said you had to reboot to delete a file. :lamer:
Falcon4

Post by Falcon4 »

That is, within the last 5 days (6 days, 3 hours, 10 minutes now).

I do plan on switching back to XP tonight or tomorrow though. Vista just has too many issues to deal with... :(
'87 Fiero GT, Automatic, 153... 156... 157... 158... 161k... 163k... 165k... 168k... SHIT I LOST COUNT
Mach10
Mach10 offers you his protection.

Post by Mach10 »

Me, I wait and see if the wheels are going to come off before I jump on the bandwagon.

I'm sure Vista will be righteously awesome... Eventually.

For now, XP is quicker, more stable, and with better driver support. Why would I want to upgrade? So I can stack my open windows? Puh-lease, most of the shit I do is either command line or fullscreen.
"Oh, this is too good. She thinks you're a servant... Cause you're black! This is greatest moment in my miserable life... Sooo-ey! I LOVE RACISM!"