Fore point nein FTW

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Fore point nein FTW

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Boscolingus

Post by Boscolingus »

Yup, thats Tyre Danielly - WCF has sold a grip of prts to him in the past for all of his Citation customers..... think about it, people have a problem with the concept that people spend $$$ on Fieros, these people spend it on Citations - crazy shit
A.K.A. Chicken McNizzle on Old Europe
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

I've spent money on a Pontiac 6000.

There's a guy on www.a-body.net with an L67 powered P6K. Someone else is building a 3800 turbo powered Ciera (same chassis).

I've heard rumors of an AWD 4.9 powered Citation that could do four wheel burnouts/donuts.
whipped

Post by whipped »

Doesn't the citation share our cradle? Northstar FTW!
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Northstar's heavier than a 4.9... bad in the front end of a light car.

Like a golf: http://www.cwstuning.com/gallery/coupe-degolf

Would it be a sin on my part to make billet cylinder heads for the 4.9 once I get a CNC machine?
whipped

Post by whipped »

I had to look that one up because I didn't believe you. But by god you're right.

Cadillac 4.5/4.9 liter PFI V8- 371 lb.

Cadillac 4.6 liter Northstar V8- 468 lb.

credit: Rockcrawl
Blue Shift

Post by Blue Shift »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:Northstar's heavier than a 4.9... bad in the front end of a light car.

Like a golf: http://www.cwstuning.com/gallery/coupe-degolf

Would it be a sin on my part to make billet cylinder heads for the 4.9 once I get a CNC machine?
No, I get the feeling that the 4.9 shortblock isn't so bad... it's like square bore isn't it? 9.5:1 CR with the old heads and all that. Reliable? A set of good aluminum heads would probably make it into a real decent motor.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

If a five litre FORD for crying out loud can make 400 HP with good heads, there's no reason a 5 litre Cadillac with good heads can't.

The 4.9 is a good solid reliable engine. It just has such Shite cylinder heads and intake manifolding that it can't breathe. That's why making it fast is like squeezing blood from a stone. A guy on P F F did a build with N* pistons, ported heads, custom cam, etc and threw down like a big dog with 235 RWHP.

As I've said before, I think that weight for a Northstar is on the high side, but a 4.9 is still lighter... aluminum block with very compact iron heads and pushrod valvegear.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Ever see how the head bolts run on a 4.9? I don't think you can hold much pressure with that setup. Looks like they'd be prone to stretch if things get hot; there's not a lot of metal around them and they're long.
Boscolingus

Post by Boscolingus »

you guys are getting technical on me, your missing the point - people spending money on Citations... CRAZY

but yes, the Citation is something like 99% compatable as far as subframe

ok, that what I have to say, it's saturday. 11:20 at night, going back to my Bicardi!
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

STill a 15 second car.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Series8217 wrote:Ever see how the head bolts run on a 4.9? I don't think you can hold much pressure with that setup. Looks like they'd be prone to stretch if things get hot; there's not a lot of metal around them and they're long.
The headbolts ought to run cooler than the inside of the engine because they're exposed to air. Long headbolts are very good precisely BECAUSE they stretch a lot as you tighten them.

I'd be more concerned about corrosion, since the edge of the thread interface is exposed to weather.
Shaun41178(2) wrote:STill a 15 second car.
Probably, but it feels fast and has that V8 rumble.
Boscolingus wrote:you guys are getting technical on me, your missing the point - people spending money on Citations... CRAZY

but yes, the Citation is something like 99% compatable as far as subframe

ok, that what I have to say, it's saturday. 11:20 at night, going back to my Bicardi!
Like I said, it's not THAT strange. I am and I know of guys who are spending money on Pontiac 6000's and Olds Cieras. You can do a lot to those cars cheaply. My AWD 6000 outhandles stock 84-87 Fieros...
FieroWanaBe1

Post by FieroWanaBe1 »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:I've spent money on a Pontiac 6000.

There's a guy on www.a-body.net with an L67 powered P6K. Someone else is building a 3800 turbo powered Ciera (same chassis).

I've heard rumors of an AWD 4.9 powered Citation that could do four wheel burnouts/donuts.
cool ive been looking for a a-body community thingy, some people that wont make fun of my silly buick century.
car.
BigRedDeckSpoiler

Post by BigRedDeckSpoiler »

Boscolingus wrote:Yup, thats Tyre Danielly
You sure that's him? The guy in the article is named "Aaron". (Click on the 1st pic and read the info.) I also thought that Tyre was black. The guy in the photo certainly looks to be lighter skinned.

I wouldn't have bothered except that Tyre used to live in Atlanta and screwed several people here. Took "front" money for work that he didn't perform, etc., etc.
One of them sued his ass and won.
BRDS
Boscolingus

Post by Boscolingus »

naw, not 100% sure that is him, he simply was the first that came to mind, as I recall he is like the V8 Arch of the X-11 community