Who the hell is Shirley?

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

derangedsheep

Who the hell is Shirley?

Post by derangedsheep »

Yesterday my phone rights at work and this guy asks for Shirley and i tell him that there is no Shirley at the number and hes like "Well is this *insert my number here*?" and I say "Yeah but there's no Shirley here." And then I hung up. I ran a reverse lookup on the phone number and it's from either Teterboro or Pompton Lakes NJ.

About 5 minutes ago my phone rings and some dude asks for Shirley. And I tell him there is no Shirley here. And he asks "Is this *insert my number*?" and I say "Yeah, but this there's no Shirley here, this is a cell phone, and I'm a guy." He apologizes and hangs up. What's weird about his number is that the area code is from the Salem OR area but the exchange is 150. I don't know of any exchanges that start with 1.

So this is twice in as many days that people call to ask for Shirley. Who the hell is Shirley and why is she giving out my number as her own?

:angry:
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

Shirly is the person who had your number before you, and fucked up their credit and left a bunch of bill collectors after them that will call you incessantly at 8:00 on Saturday mornings and in the middle of dinner.

Shirly is a person like Terri Pettigrew or Yolanda Pulido.

Fuck you Shirly. And Terri and Yolanda, too.
My Fiero is now a Finale. The end.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

Shirley is a girl who ugly guys keep asking for her number, but she gives them her number with the last digit off by a few, which just so happens to be your number.

Fuck you Shirly.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

what's shirley's number?
Blue Shift

Post by Blue Shift »

Shirley is ur mom. T3h l0lz0rz.

On a more serious note, I've had the same happen to me, too. I always did wonder if it was some chick giving the wrong number?
derangedsheep

Post by derangedsheep »

eHoward wrote:what's shirley's number?
Shirley's number or mine? I almost put my number in the post but I dont know if that's such a good idea, haha.

The call from Jersey, the guy said he was from Comcast, and the call from Oregon, I don't know who the guy was but the exchange was 150 which I find odd since area codes and exchanges don't start with 1. I might give Cingular (or AT&T, whatever the hell they're calling themselves) and see what's with that number.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Who cares?

It was a wrong number, happens all the time.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
derangedsheep

Post by derangedsheep »

Aaron wrote:Who cares?

It was a wrong number, happens all the time.
Obviously I do. And it's pissing me off.
whipped

Post by whipped »

hah... you're getting calls cross country from wierd stalker people.

Next time go... "Just a second... [deep voice]This is Shirley[/deep voice]"
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Call back the people's numbers every 18 minutes and 24 seconds, and ask for James.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

whipped wrote: Next time go... "Just a second... [deep voice]This is Shirley[/deep voice]"
Better idea than mine.

:salute:
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

derangedsheep wrote:
Shirley's number or mine? I almost put my number in the post but I dont know if that's such a good idea, haha.

The call from Jersey, the guy said he was from Comcast, and the call from Oregon, I don't know who the guy was but the exchange was 150 which I find odd since area codes and exchanges don't start with 1. I might give Cingular (or AT&T, whatever the hell they're calling themselves) and see what's with that number.
Next time say, "Sure, hang on and I'll get her." Just lay the phone down and see how long till they go away.
teamhavok2

Post by teamhavok2 »

just go creepy on them. Had a dude that kept calling my friends number till i answerd. I was 18 so i don't remember exsactly what whas said but it was along the lines of 'I can be sarah if you like' works every time on bill collectors.
Silver 85 GT-scratch that
Maroon and sliver 86 GT
Project Life
lucky

Post by lucky »

i've got a whole family of shirley's that give out my work number to creditors
Damn you Maria Santillo! Jorge and Inez too.
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

EBSB52 wrote:
derangedsheep wrote:

Next time say, "Sure, hang on and I'll get her." Just lay the phone down and see how long till they go away.
Or just keep saying, "Shirley you can't be serious." Over and over again every time they say anything.
derangedsheep

Post by derangedsheep »

Another call for Shirley today.

Shirley, whoever you are, go to hell.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

You obviously aren't taking our advice.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
p8ntman442
cant get enough of this site!

Post by p8ntman442 »

Rent a 2 year old, they love to talk on the phone. Whenever a telemarketer calls, and asks for someone, say hold on I'll get them. Then hand the phone to the toddler and let them chat away with whomever in India feels its necessary to call at dinner time because "its a convienient time to reach people at home".
derangedsheep

Post by derangedsheep »

Aaron wrote:You obviously aren't taking our advice.
Actually, I didnt answer the phone so I couldnt. I was at work trying to work on an order for Peloquin Diffs and I was on the other phone trying to order in wheel bolts when my phone rings. I didnt answer it but later I called the number back and it was Comcast again. Seeing as how I am not a Comcast customer, it could only have been for Shirley again since Comcast called once before looking for her.
AntiCooter

Post by AntiCooter »

Tell them she's dead.