dual charged 3800

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

nocutt

Post by nocutt »

Kohburn wrote:
nocutt wrote:LOL... show me where I asked :scratch: for your thoughts on a setup I wanted to build?
ah that was the-dude not you. you are just arguing seemingly for shits and giggles.
LOL...I call it a lovely discussion :la: ...waiting for your own input :rotflmao:
goatnipples2002

Post by goatnipples2002 »

I am not sure how this discussion has transformed or what the current subject is, but I have plans for a dual M90 3800 as well in the spring after I finish my car. I keep hearing how expensive a dual M90 setup would be but in fact M90s are cheap as hell..they are only $25 in my local yards and you can find them all over for $400 and less. How expensive is a "triangle" intake manifold, tuning, and new belt routing? A half assed turbo system could be built cheap, but how long will it last? The turbo system would cost atleast $1500 and zzp is damn near double that. Now I don't have this setup, but I figure if the injectors can't handle the flow than Methanol injection would be cheaper than new injectors.

How hard is this to make?

Pretty basic?

Courtesy of Turbocharged400sbc
http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m ... =987931119
Last edited by goatnipples2002 on Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clean Feet Pet Clean Up
Pet Waste Removal Omaha
We offer dog waste removal and cat waste removal services.
(402) 320-3824, We service the Omaha, Ne. metropolitan area.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Would it even fit under the decklid? I mean come on man.

BTW a properly done turbo setup can last 100k+ miles.
goatnipples2002

No it wont fit under the decklid but I don't care. It will perform well and last more than 100k miles. How long do L67s last? How expensive is a properly done turbo setup? I mean I understand what you are saying though. I just don't like turbo timers and oil lines, just more points of failure for me. I like that if I destroy an M90 a gazillion cars/yards/sites will have one waiting for me that won't break the bank. But you gotta admit Shaun that is sick. Thid idea should eliminate that top end problem associated with L67s and just make the acceleration a neck snapping experience.

This is the best of all worlds cheap, fast and reliable...nothing wrong with compromise.
Clean Feet Pet Clean Up
Pet Waste Removal Omaha
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

If it won't fit under the decklid then why even spend so much time thinking about it?

I mean hell a 6.5L Cummins Turbo diesal won't fit either. Why don't you argue how cool it would be to stuff that in a fiero. See the absurdity?

And M90's dont' fall off top end when running close to stock boost levels. In fact the hp climbs in most cases all the way to redline. Look at a lot of the graphs that people post. The problem is efficiency if wanting to go past 7-8 lbs of boost. Its a huge heat pump that creates knock, which creates less hp.

And no I don't think it is sick. I think its dumb.

FYI you don't need a turbo timer, and proper hose connections and hoses won't leak. I mean you might as well take out your fuel lines because thats just another possible point of failure on yoru engine.

You aren't ever going to do it. God this was such a wasted post.
goatnipples2002

Thanks for the motivation. To each their own. I like it. And yes you do need a timer if you do alot of hard driving and if you spend the money for a turbo and putt around then you wasted money.
Clean Feet Pet Clean Up
Pet Waste Removal Omaha
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Its called an oil cooler and not shutting it off 5 seconds after boosting it.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Chill gents.

Shaun, you can tell him that you think it's a bad idea without being so abrasive.