Anyone in Southern Ohio?

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

CincinnatiFiero

Anyone in Southern Ohio?

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

I need someone who knows 3800's in the Cincinnat area. I found a 3800SC SII in a Bonneville SSEi for $150. The supercharger and intake manifold is gone, but they left the throttle body, fuel rail, injectors etc. This guy has two fire victim 3800s laying around and one has a crispy blower but the pulley turns clean. I need someone who knows these motors to come tell me if its worth it and if I can rebuild it and possibly help me pull the motor and wiring harness. I can get the tranny and wiring harness for like $100 together. This could be a super deal but they will be gone soon. I want to go look at them this coming saturday afternoon and if its good, pull on sunday. (10th and 11th). Anyone up to the challenge?
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

I've got an L67 manifold. I'll let you have it cheap. Start with the one that's missing the blower, bolt my manifold onto it, buy a bolt-on blower upgrade and get the swap started RIGHT. :thumbleft:

I assume that the one that's missing the blower still has wiring and such?

The problem with pieces that have been in a fire is that all the plastic melts... connectors, coil packs, etc.

It's a very different case, but I tried a Northstar that was a fire victim. It appeard to be OK, but lost the head gasket seal a few hundred miles after I fired it up.
CincinnatiFiero

Well heres the thing it was at a scrap yard, I am being secrative cause I am worried someone will go snatch it out from under me :(. But I think someone is coming back for it, they removed all the SSEi badging from the car and closed the hood, and removed all evidence of a blower under the hood. If it is still there this sunday I am going to go buy it. I am not in a rush to swap so I will buy the motor and sit on it and gradually rebuild it.
whipped

Post by whipped »

The Dark Side of Will wrote: It's a very different case, but I tried a Northstar that was a fire victim. It appeard to be OK, but lost the head gasket seal a few hundred miles after I fired it up.
ha... probably blew a gasket and the owner set it on fire to recoup the loss.

$3000 bill, or check for $6000........ hmm... :scratch: :salute:
CincinnatiFiero

Alright well I think I may be going with the one that is complete and burnt, and jack some parts from the non burnt car. Some help on sunday the 10th would be great if anyone is in Cincy.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

All the rubber/silicone seals on a part that was on fire will likely be completely destroyed... so at least reseal and regasket everything if you use any of the parts.
CincinnatiFiero

I am going to try to buy am motor this weekend but I don't have the cash for the tranny or the axles so I will be waiting for a while even if it get the motor. In the interum period I plan to do new headgaskets, new pan gasket, the intake manifold gasket kit, and take a look at the main bearings. I will paint everything up and replace whatever is necessary while it is up on the stand. These cars are at a you pull it type lot, anyone got helpful hints as to how to pull the motor with some ease? I have been told to pull the motor with the trans then separate the trans once the motor is out. It will be coming from a 98 Riviera or a 02 GTP.