Do you know what beef is

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

diggitybiggity wrote:The point of the matter is, no animals should be treated that way. You treated your dog or cat like that, you'd be in jail.

Your Fuehrer

Diggity"ONE"Biggity
The point I was tryong to make was that the video is probably not an accurate representation of what ALL food animals go through... just the worst companies and the worst images for shock value, with no other information.
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

All animals that are not "free range" or "organic" go through this process.. this is reality

Your Fuehrer

DiggityBiggity
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

diggitybiggity wrote:All animals that are not "free range" or "organic" go through this process.. this is reality

Your Fuehrer

DiggityBiggity
this is only your perspective on reality
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

diggitybiggity wrote:All animals that are not "free range" or "organic" go through this process.. this is reality

Your Fuehrer

DiggityBiggity
Go through what process, exactly? Having their throats ineptly cut so that they're still alive for the slaughter? I don't think a slaughterhouse hand that couldn't cut a throat straight would have a job for very long.

And what evidence do they cite that "many" of these animals have their throats improperly cut? Is there any? Or are the producers of that video just assuming that slaughterhouse hands are incompetent, cruel and do shoddy work?

And how many are slaughtered vs how many are slaughtered incorrectly?
How many are able to walk off the delivery trucks vs. how many can not?
Joe_Schmo

Post by Joe_Schmo »

First off I want to thank you for posting the link to that video. I've heard about it and haven't had a chance to watch it before.

I've heard about this production because of it's stance on "kosher" slaughter methods. Which require that the throat be cut. I find it interesting that such an obvious piece of anti-semitism would be posted by some one with the unmitigated gall to sign their posts "Your Fuehrer." But of course PETA are also the same folks that brought us the "Holocaust on Your Plate" promotion campaign. So maybe we shouldn't be surprised by all this.

But onto more factual problems I have with this 10% solution. Humans and cattle don't eat the same foods. Cattle are ruminants. They have a very different digestive tract than humans. If you replaced the one pound of beef with 10 pounds of silage then you would be comparing apples to apples so to speak. For those of you who live east of the appalachians silage is plant material (hay, corn ENTIRE plant, etc) cut while still green and then allowed to rot anaerobicly. You see ruminants can digest the cellulose and turn it into glucose. Humans can't. So 10 pounds of cattle feed won't help feed anyone but a ruminant.
"You ask so many questions,
what answers should I choose,
Is this schizoid paranoia,
or just existential blues?"
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

here's the thing - people don't keep cows for pets - they keep em for food.. if nobody ate the cows the sake of not killing the cows - then they would just die off because nobody needed them anymore and they aren't wild animals like deer.

and if we de-domesticated them then they would also be hunted as wild animals like deer are - would you preffer that the cow on your plate had its throat cut.. or ran around with arrows and buckshot in it when the hunters failed to take it down?

or perhaps you want them walking out infront of traffic and getting killed by vehicular mutilation along with killing a lot of people..

if you can't stomach how cows die then why not eat fish.. oh wait - they suffocate to death

lets eat plans.. hmm no we cut their limbs off and starve them to death..

maybe you want to live off of water so you don't have to kill anything in order to live.. but then there are some small organisms in the water that I'm sure would rather not be eaten alive

:crybaby:
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

Oh Jebus Cripes.. I'll say this once more.. I call myself the Fuehrer because it was given to me in the very birth of this message board, and I found it amusing and funny..

Second.. We don't have to plant CORN we can plant SOY and other Wheat products that can replace to cows and other meat..

The problem is.. we aren't utilizing the land well enough.. and we are destroying precious rain forest just for meat.. rain forest we CANNOT EVER get back..

As for the killing of these animals.. if you can watch that movie.. and excuse it.. whatever.. so be it..

Your Fuehrer

Diggity"Really done repeating myself in this post"Biggity
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

I've been to a slaughter house, they usually touch the cow on top of the head with a bolt gun which shoots the bolt into the brain, instant death. I've never seen them hang them up and slit their throat. Pigs yes, but not cows, it would be painful just to lift them by the hind legs.
Joe_Schmo

Post by Joe_Schmo »

diggitybiggity wrote:Oh Jebus Cripes.. I'll say this once more.. I call myself the Fuehrer because it was given to me in the very birth of this message board, and I found it amusing and funny..
The very fact that you find it amusing to call yourself that proves your ignorance.
diggitybiggity wrote: Second.. We don't have to plant CORN
But using just part of the plant (the corn kernels) isn't the same as using the entire plant for silage. The yield per acre is going to be very different. Human edible crops just do not produce the same tonnage per acre. You understand the difference between cellulose and glucose right?
diggitybiggity wrote: we can plant SOY and other Wheat products
SOY isn't a wheat product. It's a bean. A legume. Have you ever even seen a farm? Other than on TV that is. And driving by at 55+ doesn't count.
diggitybiggity wrote: The problem is.. we aren't utilizing the land well enough.. and we are destroying precious rain forest just for meat.. rain forest we CANNOT EVER get back..
Are we talking about imported brazillian beef or domestic beef here? Not much rainforest gets cut down in the US to produce beef. And in brazil a lot of the deforestation that is happening is being done to produce soybeans. That's that "wheat product" you mentioned earlier.
diggitybiggity wrote: As for the killing of these animals.. if you can watch that movie.. and excuse it.. whatever.. so be it..
I'm sorry you had to discover that your food hadn't always lived on styrofoam trays wrapped in plastic. Yes killing animals is a messy business. But your 10% solution wouldn't bring that to end either. So which is it? A 10% reduction or 100%? Make up your muddled little mind.
diggitybiggity wrote: Your Fuehrer
Yours maybe, but never mine.
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

Wow, Stricker. Imagine that.
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

1. Fuehrer just translates into leader.. so why don't you :stfu: and get over it...

2. I know Soy is a fucking bean.. I guess I should have said "and wheat" instead of "and other wheat..." Sorry for my grammatical error

3. Yes.. I've been to plenty of farms.. I live in New Jersey.. and have friends who own farms

4. All the beef we get from fast food joints.. all comes from Brazil

5. The 10% reduction is just a way to help feed the world..the animal rights issue is a seperate issue from that..

6. :knob: I said I was done with this damn post.. it's 6 pages long.. and I just don't care about it anymore.. those who have chosen to submit their words of wisdom have.. now I'm merely repeated myself.. and don't care to any more...

YOUR FUEHRER(WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, I MODERATE THIS FORUM)

Diggity" :stfu: "Biggity
Joe_Schmo

Post by Joe_Schmo »

What does "stricker" mean?
Joe_Schmo

Post by Joe_Schmo »

diggitybiggity wrote:1. Fuehrer just translates into leader..

I'd accept that on a board whose primary language was german, but not here. You use the name because of the nazi era reference. And that is not amusing.
diggitybiggity wrote: so why don't you :stfu: and get over it...
STFU, what an eloquent rebuttal. I am underwhelmed by your command of the language.
diggitybiggity wrote: 3. Yes.. I've been to plenty of farms.. I live in New Jersey.. and have friends who own farms
New Jersey has farms? I thought it was one big toxic waste dump for New York? (Please note that that statement was sarcasm, I know there are farms in NJ) But I bet they won't be friends long if they knew the malarkey you are spewing out about their occupation.
diggitybiggity wrote: YOUR FUEHRER(WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, I MODERATE THIS FORUM)
You maybe the moderator, but not my fuehrer. But I am beginning to suspect that you have more in common with hitler than a penchance to call yourself "Fueher." You certainly have an issue with control, an issue with anyone who disagrees with you, and I suspect a shortage in the ball department. In fact I bet you don't the balls to leave this post up. You will use your meager little control as moderator to delete this thread and/or my posts.
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

Evil Troll wrote:I wouldnt dare posting anything right now fuhrer! :D
I haven't deleted a post yet just because someone didn't agree with me.. Sorry Joe..

Your Fuehrer

Diggity" :withstupid: "Biggity
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

Joe_Schmo wrote: You certainly have an issue with control, an issue with anyone who disagrees with you, and I suspect a shortage in the ball department. In fact I bet you don't the balls to leave this post up. You will use your meager little control as moderator to delete this thread and/or my posts.
I have an issue with control, because I debate what I don't agree with??

oh.. and again.. I've never deleted a post just because someone didn't agree with me.. because trust me.. there are plenty of posts where NO ONE agreed with me.. and I got "smacked down" plenty of times.. so again.. Joe"Like's to complain about the forum a lot"Shmoe.. :stfu:

:knob:

Your Fuehrer(Like it or leave it)

Diggity" :withstupid: "Biggity
Joe_Schmo

Post by Joe_Schmo »

diggitybiggity wrote: Post subject: HEY?! WHERE'S MY THREAD?!
For those of you that are wondering where your thread went, here is the answer. I deleted it. As I said earlier, just because the topic is anything goes, doesn't mean anything goes. This may be starting to sound like a dictatorship. Good, you're starting to understand.
Oh yeah, you'd never delete anything for disagreeable content. And Fueher just means leader. You are a weaselly little liar as well as an ignorant urbanite.

"STFU" isn't debating BTW.
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

he's like 6 foot something tall.
Joe_Schmo wrote:r. You are a weaselly little liar as well as an ignorant urbanite.

:thumbleft:
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Wow, this went downhill fast.
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

Joe_Schmo wrote:
Oh yeah, you'd never delete anything for disagreeable content. And Fueher just means leader. You are a weaselly little liar as well as an ignorant urbanite.

Give me fucking proof I deleted anything because someone didn't agree with me.. there was ONE!! time I disabled posts on a thread.. the people complained.. and I changed it back.. now that I've DEBATED you on this issue.. I will say STFU!! If you've noticed.. I've debated my point.. and then stated that you should shut your trap..

Maybe if you were here since the birth of this forum.. you would understand the "Fuehrer" title better.. G-D damn.. you're a moron.. The title was given to me.. everyone else knows this..

DEAL WITH IT BITCH!!

YOUR FUEHRER( That will never get old. .especially saying it to you my little pawn)

Diggity"I own you"Biggity

PS. I just want everyone else to know in the forum I don't own you.. I only own this moron.. for being so difficult.. the rest of you can go on your merry ways ;)

hehe..
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

diggitybiggity wrote:YOUR FUEHRER
Spell it right or learn how to umlaut.