Moderator: crzyone

The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Carbon Fibre with SS helicoils...
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

crzyone wrote:I had a lot of traction in 1st gear amazingly, I thought it would be all over the road under boost.
Just turn the knob, man.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Still have the factory boost controller set at .65 bar or about 9psi. I want to buy a nice electronic boost controller and raise it to 1 bar. Thats as high as I can safely go with the ceramic turbines.

I have a manual boost controller but have not installed it. I'm a bit afraid of any boost spikes that might kill the turbos.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Just a few pics from the last auto x I was at. Had a blast driving my car around a small tight track. The most frequent thing I heard was "pretty big car for a small track like this".

Guess a GTR is a large car compared to cars like Miatas, Minis, 1st gen RX-7s and WRXs. I could definitly tell that the weight of the car was against me on the small sharp corners.

Funny, the car does not feel like it leans in the corners cause its soo stiff but apparently it does.

befarrer

Post by befarrer »

Yeah, I was suprized too, you were one of the larger cars there, but not the largest, that went to the Tarus station wagon, who I have to give props to for beating a BMW new mini in the same class :thumbleft: .

I see you did well in the fun runs. :thumbleft:
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

I am thinking of getting my rims powder coated black, but leaving the blue line around the rim. The car would be a true 2 tone then, black rims and roof with a blue body. Anyone else think this would look better?

Anyone with photoshop that could change the rim color to black?
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

i like the bronze rims on the blue car - it reminds me a lot of the ralley subaru's
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Black rims will LOOK much smaller. Also I am pretty sure you will have to have the blue line repainted, if its a sticker it will burn off and the powdercoat guys won't like masking it off if its paint, and even then it may still burn off.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

I think I will keep them gold colored. More expensive matters first.

Does something look wrong too you?

Here is what happened back in October.
I was driving on a highway the other day and my skyline started to stutter and lost all power when I pushed on the accelerator. The high temp alarm also came in on the cat.

I pulled over and shut the car down, checked my charge pipes, they were good. I'm not sure what happened. The car will not start, turns over fine and tried to fire but its almost like the ignition timing is off? When it fires it works against the starter.

I was thinking it could be a bad ignitor, or maybe a fuel injector stuck open. Anyone else hear of something like this happening?
Started a thread on GTR Canada
http://forums.gtrcanada.com/showthread. ... post287408

So it looks like at a minimum I need to do a timing belt on the engine, and possibly rebuild the head with new valves.... We'll see. Grrrr.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

is it an interference engine?
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Yes. But I'm hoping it didn't go out enough to hit valves. It was running when it happened but poorly. I shut it down and it has not run since.

Going to order up my timing belt and tensioners.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

good lukc - if you didn't get a lot of banging noise then you should be fine.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Did you get your car fixed?
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Didn't see that last post. Car is not fixed yet, just getting in all my parts now. Have a new timing belt, tensioner, idler and spring ready to go.

Also bought some good aftermarket parts.
My nice new Diffuser!

Bought a new downpipe, decat and a boost controller. Car should be in the 12s even with the stock turbos only running 1 bar.

Also bought a whole drivers side door. My window has scratches on it, like fieros get. I got the door because it was a good deal and it came with a scratch free window. Will improve the look of the car.

Worst case senario is bent valves, but I can get a complete used head with valves for $500-700 so it won't be tooooo bad. If I have to swap I might as well get it ported and rebuilt.
jelly2m81

Post by jelly2m81 »

Nice diffuser. Right there is a perfect example of the difference between the quality of aftermarket import stuff VS fiero shit.
If that were made for a fiero, it would simply be a flat steel plate cut to cobble on.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

I agree. To make a diffuser work on a fiero you would need an IMSA front chin spoiler to flatten the nose. Pretty hard to get downforce with the stock upturned fiero nose.

I have a bunch of aluminum plates I was going to use to make a fiero diffuser, but without a wind tunnel it would have been guess work. Nice thing about GTR parts, 99% of them are functional. Everything is designed for a reason, function over form.
befarrer

Post by befarrer »

I just bought a saturn with bent valves, and a head with valves was $35.00 :bootyshake: .
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

befarrer wrote:I just bought a saturn with bent valves, and a head with valves was $35.00 :bootyshake: .
This ain't no Saturn son.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

My new splitter arrived today, looks even better than the Previous pictures. :afrocool:

Almost got high unwrapping it. Must have still been curing in the package.

This thing weighs a few pounds at the most. I couldn't believe how light the package was. I was worried that it would be a fairly thick heavy piece but it is better than I thought it would be.