our cars

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

Looking good, Steven.

I'll have to get pics of my car with its new wheels and tires one of these days. Just gotta steal my roommate's camera first.
<Insert Sig Here>
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Mach10 wrote:Goddamn, dude...

I would pay dearly to know how you routed your wiring harness, since it sticks out like a sore thumb on mine. :3some:
ECM is under the right side quarter panel. C500 is also moved down to there (you dont have to lengthen any wiring, just remount it). The C203 bundle runs out the firewall and then goes down along the firewall under the right side framerail to the ECM. The miniharness connector bundle comes out from the ECM and plugs into the engine side where the right side lower framerail meets the firewall. The engine side part of that harness runs above the front cam carrier nose; I dont think you can fit it through the gap between the front cover and the head; but if you can then it will be completely invisible.
The C500 connection to the engine harness is down by the ECM of course.. and all the wires that actually need to get to the motor from there run along the firewall with the C203 bundle to the starter, oil press sensor, and transmission (and coil packs if you left them in the stock location). The alternator and knock sensor wiring goes along the cradle to the gap between the front engine mount and the block, and runs up to the alternator and knock sensor from there.
If that doesn't make sense I'll take pics for you when I have more time (next week).
Also I moved the C203 passthrough down to give more clearance to the oil dipstick. I had to wrap it in heat tape since its closer to the exhaust manifold. I still have to finish moving down the C500 passthrough and cover the holes. I did it on my old chassis and just used a sheet of aluminum painted black sealed to the firewall to make it look clean.
Starlite528

Post by Starlite528 »

My first car, 1985 Chrysler LeBaron:

The Fiero in the driveway is mine now, but at the time this pic was taken it was my dads.

My second car, 1995 Ford Taurus GX:

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b336/ ... wigwag.flv

My third/current car:

Despite millions of dollars in research, Death continues to be our nations number one killer.
Henry Gibson - Kentucky Fried Movie.

http://www.lordshadowstar.com
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Hey steve why didnt' you move the valve cover with the oil fill on it to the trunk side? wouldnt' it be easier to fill with oil?
Mach10
Mach10 offers you his protection.

Post by Mach10 »

Series8217 wrote: If that doesn't make sense I'll take pics for you when I have more time (next week).
No, it makes perfect sense. It's so fucking obvious that it's no surprise that it never occured to me.

Thanks man! I can't wait to get started on the re-wire!
"Oh, this is too good. She thinks you're a servant... Cause you're black! This is greatest moment in my miserable life... Sooo-ey! I LOVE RACISM!"
I_wear_pants

Post by I_wear_pants »

That black decklid looks pretty sexy with the red. I had a black decklid on my green car for a bit before I started sanding everything down and I thought it looked pretty cool.
I_wear_pants

Post by I_wear_pants »

Heres one of my few pics of my 3 Fieros together. Thats right after I bought the black one and shortly after it was taken it was parked to await a fresh engine.

BTW I know the picture sucks ass. Thats why I am not a photographer.
Also on the far right is what is left of my car I posted pics of on page 4. I was planning to of had paint on it by now, but I've been pretty buisy and the weather hasnt been cooperating much.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:Hey steve why didnt' you move the valve cover with the oil fill on it to the trunk side? wouldnt' it be easier to fill with oil?
No, you can't really get to the rear cover with the stock intake on. It's very easy to fill where I put it on the front cover.
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

Steven, is that the engine from the silver car? You do great looking installs. Looks like they came from the factory.
My Fiero is now a Finale. The end.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

stimpy wrote:Steven, is that the engine from the silver car? You do great looking installs. Looks like they came from the factory.
Yuuup, I painted 'er black before I put it in the new car.
Thanks.
product1620

Post by product1620 »

The car looks awesome, steve. Are you going to paint it like you were planning to do on your silver car, or are you going to leave it the stock red???
1998 Mustang GT
You can't piss on what you can't catch.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Not sure yet. I'll see how attached I am to the red when the time comes around to paint.
product1620

Post by product1620 »

I_wear_pants wrote:Image

Heres one of my few pics of my 3 Fieros together. Thats right after I bought the black one and shortly after it was taken it was parked to await a fresh engine.

BTW I know the picture sucks ass. Thats why I am not a photographer.
Also on the far right is what is left of my car I posted pics of on page 4. I was planning to of had paint on it by now, but I've been pretty buisy and the weather hasnt been cooperating much.
I think you need to start collecting fastbacks now.
1998 Mustang GT
I_wear_pants

Post by I_wear_pants »

Those are heavier, and I don't want anymore Fieros. Three is way more than I ever wanted I just have a hard time passing up a good deal. After I get the green car painted, and my black car's engine swap done I think I'm gonna retire the silver car for awhile. I would like to do some kind of DOHC engine swap in it eventually and use it as a DD again.
Blue Shift

Post by Blue Shift »

This was my car back when I got it a few years ago.

I'm closing in on completion on my DOHC swap that's taken waay too long - I should be starting this thing up and breaking the motor in pretty soon here.
p8ntman442
cant get enough of this site!

Post by p8ntman442 »

I spy with my little Eye a forgotten wrench.
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

Blueshift, that's a GOOD looking car.

edit: assside from the thing on the nose.
product1620

Post by product1620 »

Update:

full MAC exhaust, eibach lowering springs, and its sitting on toyo 275's.
1998 Mustang GT
Blue Shift

Post by Blue Shift »

eHoward wrote:Blueshift, that's a GOOD looking car.

edit: assside from the thing on the nose.
Thanks dude, I concur with your opinion on the nose - car came to me with t3h bra on it, has some paint damage up there. Once the project is complete and I'm driving it, I have a friend who works for Cooks Collision (I guess they do like european and high dollar shit) who says that if I buy paint, he'll help me shoot it and teach me, to boot - too good to refuse that offer.

P8ntman: word - I'm in the "get it finished" scramble, so there's shit everywhere, including tools in places they shouldn't be. No wonder where my goddamn 13/14 went...