how fast you think i will get killed on this..

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

84fierotrevor

Post by 84fierotrevor »

where is this flaming backflip from moving sportbike youtube video that was promised today?
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

EBSB52 wrote:
whipped wrote:it kills a cylinder. Makes it vibrate a lot more...

bwahahaha

:la:
So it acts like 1/2 a rev limiter, just kills 1. Fuck that.

I dunno anything about it, I know the rev limiter at least used to kill 1 coil, or 2 cylinders. Older Gixxers had 2 coils to 4 cylinders, obviously 1 coil for 2 cylinders and that's how they would rev limit. I know nothing about the pussy switch other than no one wants it.

It prolly changes the PROM mapping I guess, I dunno.
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:
EBSB52 wrote:

bwahahaha

That was a joke, dude... :scratch:
:bootyshake:
:thumbleft:

Yep, aftr checking, it changes the mapping:

I can tell you that the 08 GSXR and the 09 GSXR are going to be the same bike. Just different colors.

Not sure about the R6, but I would bet the same as well, since it was updated this year, just like the GSXR was.

I know that the new 09's (Suzukis that is) won't hit the US shores unit March or April. That is when they are due. Some dealers will get them a little sooner depending on where in the US the are located. East Coast gets first crack.

The GSXR has some cool features, like the 3 position mapping switch. It works great to add or take away power when you need to. Kind of a good thing to help save on gas. And it is programable! Plus, they are fast and seem to out handle the R6.

I know Suzuki sell more of these compared to the R6. I think there is a reason for that. Plus, Suzuki usually offers better financing incentives than Yamaha.

I would go with the GSXR bud. But then again, I am super biased. How do you think I know when they are going to hit US soil?

I work in corporate headquarters for Suzuki. I guess that is cheating a bit. :) And.....

I am thinking about getting a new one myself!

As far as insurance, I would keep checking. I use State Farm. They are really quick if you have a claim. Just make sure the agent is reputable and well known. Busted up bikes are expensive to fix no matter which one you buy.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 008AAC5mTM

That's as much as I care about it.
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

EBSB52 wrote:
EBSB52 wrote:

bwahahaha

I dunno anything about it, I know the rev limiter at least used to kill 1 coil, or 2 cylinders. Older Gixxers had 2 coils to 4 cylinders, obviously 1 coil for 2 cylinders and that's how they would rev limit. I know nothing about the pussy switch other than no one wants it.

Ebs, he meant that it turns off a cylinder so its unbalanced and vibrates like a Harley, which is the only reason chicks like Harleys.
<Insert Sig Here>
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Do I really have to explain it?

What I meant was "Sport bikes have a switch that gets you pussy?"
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

"Does this car have, ehh.. the pussy magnet?"

-Borat
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

Fastback86 wrote:
EBSB52 wrote:
EBSB52 wrote:

bwahahaha

Ebs, he meant that it turns off a cylinder so its unbalanced and vibrates like a Harley, which is the only reason chicks like Harleys.

Went clear over my head :mumum: ..... I don't know shit about the mapping or any of that fancy computer shit either :cussing: That's your guy's dept.
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:Do I really have to explain it?

What I meant was "Sport bikes have a switch that gets you pussy?"
OK, I'm a tard.

Anywho, chick on sportbikes are a waste, altho when I was young and Gixxers were brand new to the scene, that 88 1100 got me so much ass I can't count em all, but as an old fucker, sportbikes = haul ass, drag corners, other shit = get laid.
84fierotrevor

Post by 84fierotrevor »

BAM midnight!

no flaming ninja sword sport bike backflip??
EMX5636

Post by EMX5636 »

I dunno guys..... aren't you worried that he attempted this and something went horribly wrong? And THAT's the only reason he hasn't shown us his awesome skills??? :la:
1988 Fiero Formula-3400 60trim Haltech SOLD
1990 Eclipse GSX-parted out
1991 Galant VR4- #108 Alum Rod 2.0L AMS-750R
2003 Kawi KLX400R Legal Motard
2004 Honda TRX450R #33W mx
2001 GMC Sierra C3 AWD
Blue Shift

Post by Blue Shift »

EMX5636 wrote:I dunno guys..... aren't you worried that he attempted this and something went horribly wrong? And THAT's the only reason he hasn't shown us his awesome skills??? :la:
No, I'm worried he'll do it, and wreck somebody else in the process. Not everybody is expendable, you know. :la: