Its over

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

CincinnatiFiero

Re: Its over

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Fastback86 wrote:The reason the Regal looks like a Vauxhall is because it is. Its the same Epsilon II platform car with different body work. I, for one, am hoping the new Buick (in the US) gets a Regal/Vauxhall Insignia/Opel Insignia, mostly because I want them to bring the high-performance AWD Insignia OPC over.

I knew they were the same car, I just couldn't remember what it was called as the Vauxhall. The Insignia is getting good reviews in the UK. Can you say new Regal GS?
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

CincinnatiFiero wrote:
Fastback86 wrote:The reason the Regal looks like a Vauxhall is because it is. Its the same Epsilon II platform car with different body work. I, for one, am hoping the new Buick (in the US) gets a Regal/Vauxhall Insignia/Opel Insignia, mostly because I want them to bring the high-performance AWD Insignia OPC over.

I knew they were the same car, I just couldn't remember what it was called as the Vauxhall. The Insignia is getting good reviews in the UK. Can you say new Regal GS?
I hope so. The Insignia OPC is pretty kick ass.
<Insert Sig Here>
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Don't forget the Opel/Lotus Omega back in the day... Faster than an M5.

The Holden HSV GTSR 300 was as fast as a V8 M5 a few years ago also. Right when the LS6 came out in the ZO6, Holden put it in a 4 door with a T56. The 300 was for 300 kW, which is ~400 HP. That was the same chassis as the Cadillac Catera, for crying out loud.
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Hell the current G8 GXP in european trim, so Monaro 400 or whatever, can't remember what the sedan is called in the Vauxhaul Zeta platform. Ran with a V10 M5 on Top Gear. Lost, but it is $55,000 less. For $55,000 I'm sure some N/A bolt ons could help close the gap, if not intense is making ~750RWHP on a G8GT, the kit is under $55k haha.

The Opel/Lotus Omega was sweet, kind of an unknown car over here, not many people have ever heard of it.
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

As soon as the LS7 crate motor came out, someone shoehorned one into a new Monaro in Australia. I wouldn't be surprised if there's an LS9 one running around somewhere too.
<Insert Sig Here>