How about that BOOMING U.S. Economy!

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

crzyone wrote:
EBSB52 wrote:
In a related note, gas prices soar at the pump, Exxon posts record profits of 4.1 B in the last quarter alone...... yea, those pesky arabs are jacking us up....
This is where people are so misinformed.... Oil is sold on a world market. Same with Natural Gas. If the value of oil goes up due to high demand and short supply, the oil companies WILL make more money because their lifting costs basically stay the same.

Here is another way of putting it. If you were a shoe maker and the demand for shoes was high and you couldn't keep up with demand, the price of your shoes will go up. This is to curb demand in a tight market. Your cost of building the shoe stays the same but it is worth much more in a tight supply situation.

Why does everyone always blame the oil companies? I work for Pengrowth, an oil company. We do not set the rates at what oil and gas are sold at. The world market does.

Do yourself a favor and google "Peak Oil". This will give you a pretty good idea where we are headed.

In a related note, gas prices soar at the pump, Exxon posts record profits of 4.1 B in the last quarter alone...... yea, those pesky arabs are jacking us up....

This is where people are so misinformed.... Oil is sold on a world market. Same with Natural Gas. If the value of oil goes up due to high demand and short supply, the oil companies WILL make more money because their lifting costs basically stay the same.

Sure, it was a parody; I was sarcastically saying it wasn’t the Arabs, but the oil companies screwing us. Was the sarcasm hard to extrapolate, especially from me????

Here is another way of putting it. If you were a shoe maker and the demand for shoes was high and you couldn't keep up with demand, the price of your shoes will go up. This is to curb demand in a tight market. Your cost of building the shoe stays the same but it is worth much more in a tight supply situation.

Basic supply / demand = unjustified increases in price….. Exactly what I was saying….

Why does everyone always blame the oil companies? I work for Pengrowth, an oil company. We do not set the rates at what oil and gas are sold at. The world market does.

And they are kicking a screaming all the way. Markets are manipulated more than not, so yes, they are scum suckers. Then they back the current criminal in chief who, ironically has ties with oil. The only times since the 70’s oil embargo where gas prices literally doubled were the Gulf War and this thing we have now…. Hmmmm, which family was in charge during each? I know, another shocking coincidence.

Do yourself a favor and google "Peak Oil". This will give you a pretty good idea where we are headed.[/]b

Instead of being aloof in order to grandstand, describe it. What, $5 a gallon? No more oil.
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

donk_316 wrote:Well said crzyone, nothing to do with "pesky arabs" more like "pesky local gas station charging 40 cents over wholesale"
I wasn't saying it was. Can I no longer write in sarcasm and metaphor? If I read something from me, look toward slams to corporations first... go back and read it.
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

crzyone wrote:I'll start by blaming the government for charging 45% taxes on fuel at the pumps. The higher the price of gas, the more money the government makes off of you.

Make it a 10c/L tax, that would be alot more fair.
All the while taking Socialized Medicine for granted..... I don't have medical covergae, and if I id it would be some bullshit require huge copays, etc... You can't bitch too loudly if you use your, "free" medical coverage....
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

There is nothing free about our free healthcare.

I send about $45k in income tax to the government every year. Tell me again how our healthcare is "free"

If you don't look up peak oil, don't expect me to sit here and use my time to educate you. 2 words. India China.
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

crzyone wrote:There is nothing free about our free healthcare.

I send about $45k in income tax to the government every year. Tell me again how our healthcare is "free"

If you don't look up peak oil, don't expect me to sit here and use my time to educate you. 2 words. India China.
I placed the word, "free" in parenthesis just for that point. Jesus fuck me Christ, you guys were wayyyyyyy sharper b4 Xmas..... you been hittin the pipe? Go back and read my assertion. I realize that it is not free, just guaranteed. You guys certainly take your healthcare for granted..... I'm jealous......

I post all kinds of reference data to make my points, so I refuse to play, "hide the sausage" with you. If you wish to make a point, post a web site and highlight your points for us - glad to read it.
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

I was talking to an american on the flight from Hong Kong to bangkok....he pays 500 a MONTH for healthcare for him and two kids....thats with 70% coverage and a $2000 dollar deductable.....can i have a collective "fuck that!"

Now thats retarded..... Im going to check on my "american benfits" today.
Resident Import Elitist
-------------------------
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

EBSB52 wrote:
I post all kinds of reference data to make my points, so I refuse to play, "hide the sausage" with you. If you wish to make a point, post a web site and highlight your points for us - glad to read it.
No, you being in the dark and not knowing what the hell you are talking about is making me giddy.

Go fuck yourself. :flipa: