Find me a deal on a monitor.

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

stimpy wrote:
Kohburn wrote:hell you can buy a whole computer with a 17" lcd from dell for like 400$
Yeah, but I want to get away from being tied down to one room for my computer usage. It's not the best thing for relationships to be in seperate rooms, and with laptops we can both do our thang and be together at the same time. Plus I have OBDII in my car, so someday I could get the tuning software and cable.

Shit, I can prolly get an eMachine for $5 and a bag of crushed aluminum cans.
lol yeah i got a notebook partially for those reasons too - but now the woman gets mad at me if i am using the computer rather than staring at the tv with her.
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

I tried to call you today cause one of the flower growers I pick up was selling some monitors for like $20 each. Looks like they went to LCDs, so they were selling the old CRTs. Looked to be like 16", but they're big suckers (dimensionally) so they may not work for your portability needs.
<Insert Sig Here>
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

Did you call me right about 11:30a? I got a call from a private number while I was on another call, and I've never figured out my call waiting on my celphone. No message. Shit, for $20 I could use it just to make sure all my photos are backed up, and then stuff the whole thing in a closet. Thas a no-brainer. And I was in Watsonville, driving through Santa Cruz.

You couldn't front me $20? Sheee-it. I owe you a slap in the head with a pancake.
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

Yeah, it was 11:30 or so, dunno why my number showed up private. I swear I left a message, but maybe I didn't...? It looked to me like you were in the market for something new and portable, so I didn't pick one up. I'll probably have to go out there again this week, and if they're still there I'll snag one. The place is off 129 just outside Watson if you want to take a look yourself.
<Insert Sig Here>
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

Does it have a name or an address? Maybe a phone number and someone to ask for?

Shit for $20, it could be something fun to shoot at if nothing else.
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

Now you're thinking with fire! Shootin' stuff is always fun.

The place is called G.E. Moore, they're a flower grower and distributor. I don't know the number off the top of my head, my boss does the calling and I do the picking up. Its a very laid back place, anyone can walk in. If you're coming up 101, get off on 129 and go towards Watsonville. When you come out of the canyon and get into the farm fields outside Watson, look for Thomas Road on the right. If you see Coward Road, you've gone too far. Go right on Thomas and go all the way to the stop sign. Go straight through the stop sign. Theres only 2 buildings on the road ahead, G.E. Moore is on the right about 3/4 mile down and looks like a big aircraft hanger. Walk right in and the monitors are sitting on the right inside the door. Talk to any of the women in the office to the right and they should be able to hook you up. I don't know if they're in the habit of selling flowers to walk ins, but you may be able to pick your wife up some flowers too while you're there.

I'll see if I can get a name and phone number at work today. If I make it out there myself, it won't be until Friday at the earliest.
<Insert Sig Here>