spade = derogatory term???????

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

Mach10
Mach10 offers you his protection.

Post by Mach10 »

I just had a total Clerks 2 flashback.

"It's ok! I'm taking it back!"

How is it possible that the shivering blue-nut Cannuck knows not to use the words "Spade" "Monkey" "Shadowboxer" "Jungle Bunny" "Boy" "Jigger" "Jigaboo" or "Nightfighter" in front of a black dude/dudette?

The truly depressing part is that I think I learned these terms when I was like 8 or 9...

From Steven King novels...

Oh, and "Heat of the Night."
"Oh, this is too good. She thinks you're a servant... Cause you're black! This is greatest moment in my miserable life... Sooo-ey! I LOVE RACISM!"
teamlseep13

Post by teamlseep13 »

I know spic is a hispanic racial term, but I always thought spade was too. Oh well, never really use it, I think its more fun to just call people curdled cunts and the like.;)
1988 Pontiac Fiero

Ecotec swap taking much too long...
V8Mikie

Post by V8Mikie »

African Rock Fish. Jones Beach (NYC) term for Blacks due to their poor swimming abilities.

too funny. Why can't black people swim anyway
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

HAHA!!!

When I was in the Navy waiting for flight school to start, I was stashed at the survival swimming pool. I was helping the instructors there teach people how to swim well enough to be aircrew on Navy aircraft. The hardest part wasn't swimming a mile in a flight suit, but treading water in full flight gear for 5 minutes. ALMOST ALL of the people who needed SERIOUS help/training for this task were black.
whipped

Post by whipped »

5 minutes? In HS we had to tread water in street clothes (jeans, shoes, etc) for 15 minutes.

I'm surprised nobody has drowned
Mach10

Post by Mach10 »

I wonder why this is...

There was a black kid in my swimming team. Dude couldn't crawl or breast stroke to save his life... but he was a MADMAN at butterfly...

I know why black folks do better in track + field (longer legs, better body fat distribution, huge lungs, etc)... but you'd think it would translate to swimming?

Then again, I SUCK at track and field, but used to be a half-decent swimmer (several B times, an A times on 50m freestyle sprint, 100m freestyle sprint, 100m breast)

*looks down at 26yo paunch*

Uh...

I'm sure I wouldn't drown, nowadays...
"Oh, this is too good. She thinks you're a servant... Cause you're black! This is greatest moment in my miserable life... Sooo-ey! I LOVE RACISM!"
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

whipped wrote:5 minutes? In HS we had to tread water in street clothes (jeans, shoes, etc) for 15 minutes.

I'm surprised nobody has drowned
We had a couple come close while I was there. It also taught me a lot about teaching, because half the actual instructors couldn't instruct their way out of a paper bag.

Street clothes & flight gear are very different. Flight gear includes flight suit, flight deck boots (steel toe), gloves, helmet that is supposed to float but actually just makes it harder to get air, vest full of survival equipment and a parachute harness. 5 minutes is the worst case scenario for manually inflating the survival vest (it should automatically inflate when you hit the water).

I tried treading water as long as I could in just swimming trunks once... I was in thewater for 45 minutes and got out because I was bored.
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

I had a black friend who put it this way. "If we could swim, do you think we'd be here in the first place?"
Mach10

Post by Mach10 »

:laughing:
whipped

Post by whipped »

ha