UPS SUCKS.

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Starlite528 wrote:Better to work for less money for more hours. You end up with more.
Disagree. I worked a job that was 13.50 office time and 16.50 job site time. I would have made 45K that year, if I'd stayed with the company. Do the math.

Now I'm salaried at significantly more, working fewer hours and doing work I enjoy the hell out of.
Falcon4

Post by Falcon4 »

Starlite528 wrote:...I opened a command prompt on one of their computers and typed 'net send * BLAH!' and pressed enter, and looked and saw it on all the computers in the place.
LOL!!!! That is the SINGLE BEST THING I have read ALL DAY! Beautiful work, man! :thumbleft:
'87 Fiero GT, Automatic, 153... 156... 157... 158... 161k... 163k... 165k... 168k... SHIT I LOST COUNT
Starlite528

Post by Starlite528 »

Falcon4 wrote:
Starlite528 wrote:...I opened a command prompt on one of their computers and typed 'net send * BLAH!' and pressed enter, and looked and saw it on all the computers in the place.
LOL!!!! That is the SINGLE BEST THING I have read ALL DAY! Beautiful work, man! :thumbleft:
All it cost me was my job! I was getting ready to quit anyways. Hired at Fry's no more than a week later.
Despite millions of dollars in research, Death continues to be our nations number one killer.
Henry Gibson - Kentucky Fried Movie.

http://www.lordshadowstar.com
Falcon4

Post by Falcon4 »

Yeah, and I'm sure no less than 1,000 people at UPS thought their computer now had a virus. :thumbleft:
'87 Fiero GT, Automatic, 153... 156... 157... 158... 161k... 163k... 165k... 168k... SHIT I LOST COUNT
Starlite528

Post by Starlite528 »

Falcon4 wrote:Yeah, and I'm sure no less than 1,000 people at UPS thought their computer now had a virus. :thumbleft:
The guy was pretty mad. He told me I cost them thousands of dollars and servers had to be fixed and some crap. I didn't believe any of it. He brought up stuff about cyberterrorism and the law. I think he was a fool.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

USPS is good for sure. Even shipping international. They get it out of the country generally in a day or two no matter how you ship it. The Syrian post office system on the other hand... :angry:
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

A very good friend of mine works for UPS as a loader and part time driver and tells me all kinds of horror stories. Small packages fall off the belts and get lost in the machinery all the time. The loaders, unloaders, drivers, etc etc manhandled the shit out of the packages, they don't care, and neither does UPS apparently. He tells me about plasma and LCD TVs that come through all the time. They're easy to spot because they have little dye packs on all the corners that turn red if the box has been mishandled, and all of them are always red. The list goes on and on. If I ever ship anything now, I make sure I package the hell out of it, knowing how they treat stuff.
<Insert Sig Here>
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

UPS is still the only shipper that i've recieved packages with foot prints ontop of the box before.

USPS has been the most reliable for me and generally the fastest -
[img]"An armed society is a polite society" - Robert A. Heinlein
"Most folks are educated beyond their intelligence" - Mark Twain
whipped

Post by whipped »

Kohburn wrote:UPS is still the only shipper that i've recieved packages with foot prints ontop of the box before.
Dude! Me too!

I think I got you beat though.... A package of blinds with tire tracks on them. :la:

I couldn't believe they still tried to deliver them. Made for a pretty smooth insurance claim though.
BigRedDeckSpoiler

Post by BigRedDeckSpoiler »

Starlite528 wrote:
Falcon4 wrote:Yeah, and I'm sure no less than 1,000 people at UPS thought their computer now had a virus. :thumbleft:
The guy was pretty mad. He told me I cost them thousands of dollars and servers had to be fixed and some crap.
Bullshit.
If anything, they just had to go through and disable "net send", so nobody else could go in and scare hell out of them.

If anything, you may have uncovered a vulnerability. (If it, in fact, is.)
BRDS