To build the ultimate 3.4 DOHC: Turbo DYNO NUMBERS

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

fieromadman

Re: To build the ultimate 3.4 DOHC: Turbo DYNO NUMBERS

Post by fieromadman »

Oh god, that wouldn't be good if I got to that point! lol
*SOLD* 95 3.4 DOHC- 96-97 p&p lower intake, custom upper intake, custom cams, ported exh manis, 180* t-stat.
T-62 Turbonetics T3/T4, air-liquid intercooled, Synapse 40mm, Greddy RS, Haltech E6K.
1987 GT, lowered, KYB's, clutchnet 6 puck, G/A brakes
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

I find broken porcelain far more often than melted ground straps. That 4G63T last week had broken porcelain.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

detonation. thats why the 4g63 broke. Bad tune, not because of too much boost.
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

My car is running 13.5 pounds right now. Thats the most I can do without adding a boost controller. I might have the Haltech manage boost control next summer for that extra pound. It's fast as fuck at that current boost level though. I'm happy. Now for some dyno time and getting my conservative ignition setup to not be so conservative. Air fule remains good at 11.5-12.0 I need to do some fine tuning there but its decent. Cruising needs some work too, but thats improving steadily too. Videos soon...
*SOLD* 95 3.4 DOHC- 96-97 p&p lower intake, custom upper intake, custom cams, ported exh manis, 180* t-stat.
T-62 Turbonetics T3/T4, air-liquid intercooled, Synapse 40mm, Greddy RS, Haltech E6K.
fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

Just rode in my car for the first time since i turned up the boost. All I have to say is, even though I could tell it was alot faster at 13.5 pounds from 5, riding in it as opposed to driving it reinforced that more. That Fiero is now the fastest car that I think I have ever been in. I have been in some fast cars before, like a 452 whp firebird, and a couple turbo civics, but this one takes the cake. Tonight (it was 35 degrees out) first gear went up in smoke, second gear was squirely about 3 of the 4 times we got in it, and third pulled like a fucking freight train. I'm so stoked and motivated for fixing all the little issues that this car has to make it 100 percent right now. I'm gonna start a list of stuff I need to do:

Oil catch can
Add another engine mount
Heat shield for the slave cylinder
Fine tune driveability
New rear tires (ordered)
Install new trans

By the way, I know that there are faster cars out there on the street, but seriously this one is faster than 99 percent of them guaranteed.

Videos soon... before the car gets put away for winter.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

check your plugs.

I wrapped my slave in header wrap instead of making a shield.
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

Yes I will check the plugs asap.
fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

Ok, couple updates:

One, I got my car some new sneakers...

245/40/18 Nitto NT05's

Two, I got some pictures of the engine bay the way it sits currently (which is dirty)

One of the interior while driving for good measure:

fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

And now three videos for you're viewing pleasure, and yes my name is Jeff and I like Fieros.

I'll probably edit them into one later and post it on youtube. Hopefully with some more videos too...
fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

Here is a youtube video since the ones on photobucket have been kinda un-reliable.

Direct URL link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar3kajsYpUg
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

get a video of you against your buddies 450 whp firebird.

fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

No can do, his turbo 350 took a shit on him and he said fuck it and put the car away for the winter. Next spring should be ok for that. Tonight I hope to get some videos of my car vs. a 90ish chevy 1500 with a built 355 in it. I know I'll win, but it's a solid 13 second vehicle, so that should give you a benchmark. I wish that I had something else worthy to put it up against but everyone I know has their fast cars put away for the winter already.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

mid 13 second truck at what mph? Most likely you are in the 115mph range if not higher. If that truck traps anywhere near 100 or lower, I wouldnt' even bother no matter what it does ET wise.

fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

Well I couldnt tell you trap speed on it cuz he just got it built. Apparently since I last got a ride in the truck he advanced the timing another 15 degrees because he never set it with a timing light before. So it's faster now I guess. Maybe it will be worth it. Anyhow, when I raced that Integra when I was at 5 psi I pretty much smoked him from a 3rd gear roll and he was trapping 104 that whole day. It's hard finding a race that is close for me right now.
fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

Car is put away for winter now. I'm excited for next spring though. I know that the car has a ton of potential to run some badass times. Next spring I'll be pulling the engine and cradle to do some things that I never got around to doing this past year such as adding an engine mount, doing my custom fuel lines (thinking I'll be going braided with these), mounting the intercooler, building a heat shield for the slave cylinder, and finally installing the new transmission. I also would like to powdercoat my valve covers and intake manifold and have the exhaust side and center section of the turbo ceramic coated. I also feel as though I have taken the tuning as far as I feel comfortable with and as far as I think my experience (what experience?) will allow, so I might have it dyno tuned by professionals. I'll let you guys know whats happening when it happens.
fieromadman

Post by fieromadman »

Well the Fiero has been out of storage for a week now. The first thing that I did when I got it out of storage was race a 2004 Suzuki GSX-R 600. The owner/rider of that bike is very experienced and the best person I know of to race on a bike. I have videos that were taken on my buddies cell phone of the two races that took place. Both races were from about a 40 mph roll. I was in second gear and I think he was in first. With both races I hung with him side by side in second gear and he started to pull once I got into third. I shut it down after 3rd gear. While he pulled a decent amount in 3rd gear, his bike bone stock will do mid 10's. I figured I was going to lose, but that was pretty damn close. I will see if I can get the videos off my buddies phone soon.

I haven't started any work on the car yet, but soon the engine will be getting pulled and a few minor issues will be taken care of.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Bikes pull a huge advantage on most cars below 40. At highway speeds and above, bikes are rapidly being overtaken by aero drag, which doesn't affect cars as much until higher speeds.
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:Bikes pull a huge advantage on most cars below 40. At highway speeds and above, bikes are rapidly being overtaken by aero drag, which doesn't affect cars as much until higher speeds.
Unless that car is a 2.5L Fiero with only 92 horses :-)
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

if you are going to race a 600 try going from 60 mph at least. 60 is the top of his first or he would be just into second. You would need to pull about 600 lbs out of your fiero with the hp you are making, or add about 150 more whp to keep up. New 600's can trap in the mid 120's You are probably in thelow to mid teens if I had to guess.

Here is a little film I made against a 600 cc bike. The first run is against a low 500 whp talon. Its a mustang running 15 lbs making about 630 whp. Granted it weighs more then a fiero, but also not sure what mods if any were done to the bike

http://www.streetfire.net/video/cobra-v ... 699700.htm

Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

That sucked, the bike was too loud for me to hear any other engines.