3800 Rebuild

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

CincinnatiFiero

Re: 3800 Rebuild

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Aaron wrote:Ha. Ya fucking right.
Dunno why I'd lie. This was 100% highway btw.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

I'm not saying you're lying, I'm saying you fucked up your calculations/numbers somewhere.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
JamesCurtis

Post by JamesCurtis »

Assuming that he filled the car up, went 102 miles, then filled it up again and it took 2.7 gallons. This would give you the 37.77 figure. There are only two numbers to screw up, the number of miles driven and the amount it took to fill it up. This isn't a complex equation!

It may not be exact but assuming he has no motive to make up a lie about mpg that's some pretty damn good gas mileage!
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

Well we all know how accurate Fiero speedometers are...
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

even if the fiero speedo is off by as much as 10% thats still 30+ mpg and thats 10% on the high end. if its reading 10% low, then its actually seeing better mpg then he even calculated.
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
CincinnatiFiero

I'm not a math major, nor a literature major. But I can read a gas pump, and divide 102 by 2.7. Like I said, not saying that will be the norm, but thats what it got. Took a friend for a ride today, it had just rained, got it good and sideways, I heart this car. Needs paint, interior, and a pulley now.
CincinnatiFiero

Body questions,

Is there a good how to on removing the roof? Fuck this fiberglass nonsense it just won't bond right, I can get it looking right, but any good set of rail road tracks cracks it, I am not getting the glass to bond to the smc or frp or whatever this car is made from. Also my sunroof frame is missing the tab that holds the sunroof straight in, so the sunroof rattles and won't close straight making it leak. I've got a full 84 parts car, I just want to swap roofs out.

My door panels are going that thing where the vynil at the top of the door pulls out of its metal frame at the dew wipes (interior) and then they warp upwards. Is there a good way to glue them or re-secure them?

I also could use a cheap set of GT gauges, preferably a 120mph set, don't need the auxiliary gauges, 3800 oil pressure is always off the chart and I have a digital volt meter.
CincinnatiFiero

Found my exhaust leak, the EGR crossover on the intake side is cracked. Anyone got one?
CincinnatiFiero

EGR is on its way from a 3800pro member.

Back to my brake issue. The brakes have some dead space in the pedal but then they grab like they should. I cannot pump up that last bit when the car is running. When the car is off (no booster) the pedal will pump up to pretty firm, but still not as firm as I would like. I've been told I didn't bench bleed my new corvette master good enough by one person. Does this sound like the problem? I want to be double sure before I embark on having to re-bleed my entire brake system.

If bench bleeding is the case, I don't have the plastic fittings anymore to bench bleed it, is there a place to buy them?

Finally, tips and tricks on bench bleeding so I get it right this time?
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

My tip is go to the junk yard, find a spare pair of fittings, unscrew them from that master, then cut the lines an inch long. Once home, you can use vacuum hose to go from that inch of line up to the reservoir, and begin the bench bleeding that way. But I'm not sure whether or not you need to go to all this trouble.
CincinnatiFiero

I'll pull the lines off my parts car and re-bleed the master that way. I just ordered some heat wrap to wrap the crossover before I put it back on, $10 to hopefully keep my KR down, not that it matters on my stock pulley, but while its out, may as well. Got my new EGR in today, thing is damn near brand new, I'll get it on soon, and I got a stainless flex for my exhaust so I can get the strain off my exhaust so my next exhaust leak doesn't wind up being a header.
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

So get the headers and install them. SLP has a set for GPs. And a pulley kit with tool, too. :-)
CincinnatiFiero

I live 15 minutes from intense, free installation for any pulley from them. I can get 10% off on the ebay knock off SLP headers when I have the spare moola. All in time sir.
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

Sounds good, but consider that if you own the tool, you can change pulleys at the track or on the dyno. Or like run low boost on a road trip, then get it back at your destination.
Jinxmutt

Post by Jinxmutt »

Or consider how often you'll change pullies and if its next to never, then get it pressed. If you'll change it, have them press on a hub and you can do it in 5 minutes with a hex tool.
CincinnatiFiero

Its $99 for a quick change hub and 1 pulley and installation. I have a 3.4 press on but I don't have the right tool to do it, so I'd have to pay to have it changed so I'd rather get the modular pulley system.
CincinnatiFiero

Got a roof and a clip today, and a spare hood to vent when I learn to not be shitty at fiberglassing.

Now I need to find a new windshield seal, does any Malaysian company make one? I don't need to pay $47 for the NOS GM one.