P.E.T.A. is a terrorist group

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

When the only people living to those ages are the healthy ones, of course they'll be viewed as healthy.

When a lot more people live to those ages, there will inevitably be quite a few who are of below average health.

And there are a hell of a lot more factors involved than eating meat.

Information gathering has advanced to such a point that scientific statistics can sometimes be as meaningless as sports statistics.

Yeah there may be a correlation between liking to eat peanut butter and banana sandwhiches and running red lights, but correlation does not necessarily mean causality.
Oversteer

Post by Oversteer »

I realize what you are saying. I just made that comment to support the arguement that eating red meat won't ultimately result in dying young is all.
He called the shit poop
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

Oversteer wrote:I realize what you are saying. I just made that comment to support the arguement that eating red meat won't ultimately result in dying young is all.
And smoking isn't bad for you either :scratch:

I'm not an advocate of living a long life, necessarily. I don't have the best diet either, but all I'm saying is that the cow gets post mortem revenge upon its consumer in teh form of health ailments and early deaths.

http://www.newstarget.com/007237.html

Red meat consumption doubles risk of colon cancer, says study; is it time to go vegetarian yet?

"A new study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association shows a doubling of the risk of colon cancer for people who are heavy consumers of red meat. More specifically, it shows that the risk doubles compared to those who consume smaller quantities of red meat. But how does this compare to people who consume no red meat at all? "

Have you heard of the AMA?

This is conjecture, but I'm willing to bet that heavy consumers of red meat probably have quadruple the risk (or more) of colon cancer compared to vegetarians or people who consume no red meat. By the way, you don't have to be a vegetarian to boycott red meat. You can still be a consumer of other sources of animal protein (fish, seafood, etc.) while avoiding red meat.

"It takes 10 acres to produce the same amount of red meat protein as it does to produce one acre of soy beans. "

The reasons go on and on.......

I realize the red meat eaters will go on and eat their meat - fine - don't care a bit. All I said was that the cow gets its revenge..... care to keep living in the delusion that it doesn't?
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

So what's a small quantity and what's a large quantity? You're as bad as biggity...
Oversteer

Post by Oversteer »

You make a good point; I just think there is more to it then just red meat. Possibly what the cows are fed, but I guess that goes back to the same thing that plants/vegetables are subjected to on large-scale agriculture. Moose, Elk, Caribou and deer are all red meat but do not have any of the unhealthy tags applied to it as beef is. But then again, I don't think anyone except the indigenous cultures of the north consume a large quantity of ungulates.

I would like to eat nothing but wild game, poultry and fish, but I guess I just like beef. Probably same reason why I haven't quit smoking, what happens today seems to take precedence on what may happen tomorrow.

I am sure my life will be shorter than it should be, but with the way things are going in this world, maybe that’s a positive thing.
He called the shit poop
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

I'm sick of this... how bout you people who think I'm full of shit, get off your ass and read a book... it's called "The Food Revolution" It has all your statistics, and all your facts...

Your paranoid leader

Diggity"I'm not some tool"Biggity
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

for every statistic there is one that says the opposite - one must look at the source group the statistic was base don to see if its valid at all

facts are good - but in any book/artical with an agenda they leave out the facts that are contradictory

if you only read books that support the side you want to believe you will never be challenged -

I'm all for healthy living and proper diet - but alot of the propoganda thats spread around and popularized just makes me laugh. remember when they decided milk and eggs were bad for you, and then a few years later decided they weren't? so much of it is just popular oppinion based on some but not all the facts that served someones agenda.
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

Milk is horrible for you... They were sued, and sued succesfully over their slogan "Does a body good" They also can no longer say "For strong bones" or anything else that claims it's healthy... that's where the "Got Milk" slogan came from... they weren't getting sued for that... You tell me any other animals that drinks milk once it's done breast feeding... you can't do it, they don't exist...

Your paranoid leader

Diggity"Milk is poison"Biggity
Lex

Post by Lex »

diggitybiggity wrote:You tell me any other animals that drinks milk once it's done breast feeding... you can't do it, they don't exist...
Milk isn't "poison" to everyone.

"Other animals" only produce the enzyme lactase in their intestines when they are young. On the other hand, some human populations have evolved to be able to produce lactase and to digest lactose as adults.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

diggitybiggity wrote:Milk is horrible for you... They were sued, and sued succesfully over their slogan "Does a body good" They also can no longer say "For strong bones" or anything else that claims it's healthy... that's where the "Got Milk" slogan came from... they weren't getting sued for that... You tell me any other animals that drinks milk once it's done breast feeding... you can't do it, they don't exist...

Your paranoid leader

Diggity"Milk is poison"Biggity
what other animal makes tofu? or heats its food? what non domesticated animal eats anything but raw materials?
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

Let's reframe the question because your only answer is "No other animal drinks milk once it's done breast feeding"

your paranoid leader

DiggityBiggity
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

diggitybiggity wrote:Let's reframe the question because your only answer is "No other animal drinks milk once it's done breast feeding"

your paranoid leader

DiggityBiggity
no lets refrain from pointless statements comparing specific parts of the human diet to animal diets while excluding all the other relevant comparisons, because by your milk logic the only way humans should eat their food is raw and uncooked, but wait didn't someone say that was unsanitary and you can get diseases that way? or maybe some nice ringworms? maybe you want your own tippy the tapeworm?

you boys just love to take a stand on an issue and ignore all the other information that doesn't help your viewpoint.
Lex

Post by Lex »

diggitybiggity wrote:Let's reframe the question because your only answer is "No other animal drinks milk once it's done breast feeding"
And of course it's out of the question for an animal to be able to evolve and do somthing other animals can't...

/sarcasm
Weponhead

Post by Weponhead »

i still dont see a response to my last comment... this whole argument is assenine , just because some people think they are right and the rest of society is wrong , they thing they can foist their belief on the rest of society. The whole cruelty to animals thing is kind of annoying in and of it self, has anyone ever seen a cat with its prey before eating it? Maybe that should be considered animal cruelty, at least we dont eat our prey alive.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

yes slaughtering animals is unnatural, we should instead chain a cow tot he table and tear its skin off and feast on the bleeding tissue

or maybe if we were lest carnivorous and more omnivorous we would just was up the cows and eat more grains.. but wait - cows only predator is us.. and we keep them alive so we should just let the species die off so we can use all the fields to grow beans.. yes lots of beans

or maybe since meat is an "innefficient" source of energy based on water and sunlight then we should just have the federal government setup a lottery to determine who gets to eat meat and who gets to be churned up for food processing to have their neutrients returned to the food chain
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

Kohburn wrote:yes slaughtering animals is unnatural, we should instead chain a cow tot he table and tear its skin off and feast on the bleeding tissue

or maybe if we were lest carnivorous and more omnivorous we would just was up the cows and eat more grains.. but wait - cows only predator is us.. and we keep them alive so we should just let the species die off so we can use all the fields to grow beans.. yes lots of beans

or maybe since meat is an "innefficient" source of energy based on water and sunlight then we should just have the federal government setup a lottery to determine who gets to eat meat and who gets to be churned up for food processing to have their neutrients returned to the food chain
You guys love to take things to the extreme... not drinking milk isn't very extreme... it's fucking sensible if you were to do some research into what those dairy cows were fed, and what milk actually does to the calcium in your bones...

Your paranoid leader

DiggityBiggity
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

diggitybiggity wrote:You guys love to take things to the extreme... not drinking milk isn't very extreme... it's fucking sensible if you were to do some research into what those dairy cows were fed, and what milk actually does to the calcium in your bones...

Your paranoid leader

DiggityBiggity
the issue of organic or steroid enhanced cows was never the argument -- I much preffer organic grains/flours/meats to things with all sorts of pesticides, bleeches, heavily processed, or steroid enhanced

which studies? there are studies showing that milk along with vitamin D helps support bone density as well as being a source of healthy fats
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

Those studies are funded by the Dairy Farmers of America... Surprised?

Your paranoid leader

Diggity"I'm glad you enjoy organic"Biggity
Weponhead

Post by Weponhead »

well PETA certainly wouldnt fund those tests .. durrr , who better to make a point that milk is good beside dairy farmers? thats like saying , your precious bean farmers shouldnt try to make a documented case that beans are good for you.
p8ntman442
cant get enough of this site!

Post by p8ntman442 »

Weponhead wrote:well PETA certainly wouldnt fund those tests .. durrr , who better to make a point that milk is good beside dairy farmers? thats like saying , your precious bean farmers shouldnt try to make a documented case that beans are good for you.
beans are good for you, havent you heard the old saying beans beans there good for your heart... the more you eat them... the longer you live.