Does anyone else like paying taxes?

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Blue Shift wrote:The fine on that light also happened to be 390 dollars - much more than the 280 or so for every other light in the city, or the bay area, for that matter.
This is what's fucking ridiculous. You didn't hurt or endanger anyone... There obviously wasn't any traffic or you couldn't have sat in the intersection wondering WTF... and they still want to fine you $400. Fucking bureaucrats.

What ever happened to practical thought like "no harm, no foul".
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:
Blue Shift wrote:The fine on that light also happened to be 390 dollars - much more than the 280 or so for every other light in the city, or the bay area, for that matter.
This is what's fucking ridiculous. You didn't hurt or endanger anyone... There obviously wasn't any traffic or you couldn't have sat in the intersection wondering WTF... and they still want to fine you $400. Fucking bureaucrats.

What ever happened to practical thought like "no harm, no foul".
Now I agree with this, it is the actual runners that I say ticket. And even then $400 is a bit excessive. I learned my lesson of street racing with a $70 ticket.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

aaron wrote:I learned my lesson of street racing with a $70 ticket.
Damn, that's a bargain. It's a $1200 fine and impound for your car here in California. You obviously weren't racing in your $180,000 Porsche.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

stimpy wrote:
aaron wrote:I learned my lesson of street racing with a $70 ticket.
Damn, that's a bargain. It's a $1200 fine and impound for your car here in California. You obviously weren't racing in your $180,000 Porsche.
I forgot to mention the deal. $70 and they take my license for a year. That hurt. It hurt a lot. But it was either that or a $680 and I keep my license. I chose to take it away since I'd be in school anyways, didn't need a license, and could spend the $700 making the car I couldn't drive faster... :scratch:

In the end, the $700 was used to help my sell the Z34 and buy the Fiero and 3.4 DOHC crate motor. Worth every penny.

Oh, and I would never race that Porsche, Luminaz all da way yo!
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

Da Loominah can nevah luz.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Damn strait.