Pics of my car

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

CincinnatiFiero

Went to visit my car

Projectors with Luminics vs. Sylvania Sealed Beams (luminics sucked lol)

Installed the H4s supplied with the kit, I think they look mean, I need to work on it in the dark and readjust the lights so they are aimed right.
CincinnatiFiero

I think I will eventually get the brightest H4s I can becuase the projector seems to hurt the output a bit. Anyone like sylvania silverstars? I want a white light, not a yellow one.
FieroJimmy

Post by FieroJimmy »

CincinnatiFiero wrote:I think I will eventually get the brightest H4s I can becuase the projector seems to hurt the output a bit. Anyone like sylvania silverstars? I want a white light, not a yellow one.
I had silverstars in my Cavalier, and I loved them. The light is almost as bright as daylight, and no hint of yellow at all.
Xanth

Post by Xanth »

I have silverstars currently, but still using H6054s. They are quite bright, I would imagine silverstars with a good lens would be even brighter.
CincinnatiFiero

Well I haven't gotten to drive my car at night with them yet, and won't for a while, I am going to give these a shot and upgrade later, my driving lights help a lot.
CincinnatiFiero

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdet ... 31&scqty=1

Just picked one up to go under the dash, anyone got a $20ish amp they want to sell? I only need 40watts RMS.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

CincinnatiFiero wrote:http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdet ... 31&scqty=1

Just picked one up to go under the dash, anyone got a $20ish amp they want to sell? I only need 40watts RMS.
They finally got those back in stock huh? Last summer they couldn't get them. That's cool..

Here's the thread on putting one of those in a stock subwoofer housing for anyone who hasnt seen it:
http://www.fiero.com/forum/Forum2/HTML/081643.html
CincinnatiFiero

Yup so I jumped on it as soon as they were back in stock. I am going to go with a custom ported box so I can get this thing as loud as I can.
Xanth

Post by Xanth »

Damnit, a month after I buy mine the price goes down :lamer:

That sub sounds really great in the Fiero enclosure, though I have a 175 watt amp behind it, most unnecessary. I'm planning on a dual setup sometime in the future though.

You can get an el cheapo amp off ebay that will work.

Now you need to do my overhead performance sound console mod :thumbleft:
CincinnatiFiero

Bought a 200w kenwood amp today (well I got two replies from guys on craigslist, hopefully one goes through) they are both rated at 50w rms per channel (they are stereo) so I will be about right on power. Eventually I may add a second sub. When I get my check from work I think I will spend the $20 on another.
CincinnatiFiero

Got my amp yesterday and my uncle picked up my sub in dayton to save on shipping costs. Anyone got dimensions to go by so I can start on the box?