Header wrap.

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

SGT.ROCK

Header wrap.

Post by SGT.ROCK »

Has anyone put header wrap on their V-6 Fiero? I was wondering if it would cool the engine compartment down any or if would be a waste of time?
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

I assume you're talking about the stock motor, but I removed the stock heat shield from my 3.4 DOHC V6's crossover pipe and replaced it with header wrap. It seems to have helped a lot. The engine bay doesn't feel quite as hot after a long drive.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

I don't use header wrap on the headers themselves but on my setup I have the crossover wrapped and the downpipe as well. I am using a turbo blanket on the exh side too.

It brought down temps a lot.

Also using this in conjunction with the stock heat shields.
Xanth

Post by Xanth »

I wrapped my headers and Y-pipe because my heatshields went to pieces when I pulled them.

I can actually quickly touch the manifolds without burning myself now.
lucky

Post by lucky »

first thing i did after my motor came out of the car was cut off all the tin heatshields except the one around the coil. manifolds and y-pipe got wrapped in black header tape and sealed with silicone sealer. they look awesome and are a snap to clean. the silicone even covered up my rusty ass egr valve nicely.