Diggity"What a bunch of fuck holes"Biggity
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

Wow. What a bunch of BULLSHIT!
p8ntman442
cant get enough of this site!

Post by p8ntman442 »

awesome, penn and teller may be wierd, but they said it best right here.

Jamie "get the fuck out of my country" Spalding
richfiero

Post by richfiero »

I wonder what would happen if I go to one of thier conventions with a big juicy bigger.
zonyl
not really

Post by zonyl »

richfiero wrote:I wonder what would happen if I go to one of thier conventions with a big juicy bigger.
I used to work for a company where we designed animal laboratory testing equipment (cages / feeding / air quality / waste systems ).

After getting off the plane in OH on my way to a convention for "Animal Husbandry" equipment manufacturers, the FBI met us and gave us the rundown about PETA and other groups being involved in a demonstration outside the convention center. They told us some pretty frightening stuff (to me being only 23 at the time) about what things to possibly expect while trying to get in the convention center. It made me feel a lot better when they told us that certain protestors wearing a specific protest pin where "friends of the FBI" and we could run to them if people started throwing paint or generally getting physical. We had to drive up about 2 blocks away and meander towards the building as well which kinda sucked. Fortunately, I didnt encounter anything bad other than people screaming and showing pictures of dead animals.

What a lot of these people dont know, is that in my experience, the animals are given a better environment to live in than the people that are running the experiments on them. You had to keep the animals under zero stress, with purified air/water/food/lighting to get any valid results that would meet FDA standards. Yah, in the end they were euthanized, but again IME places all did this with a carbon monoxide chamber which is pretty painless I have heard.

I dont know if those folks have their own conventions as it seems they make one out of any other target convention.
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

zonyl wrote:
richfiero wrote:I wonder what would happen if I go to one of thier conventions with a big juicy bigger.
I used to work for a company where we designed animal laboratory testing equipment (cages / feeding / air quality / waste systems ).

After getting off the plane in OH on my way to a convention for "Animal Husbandry" equipment manufacturers, the FBI met us and gave us the rundown about PETA and other groups being involved in a demonstration outside the convention center. They told us some pretty frightening stuff (to me being only 23 at the time) about what things to possibly expect while trying to get in the convention center. It made me feel a lot better when they told us that certain protestors wearing a specific protest pin where "friends of the FBI" and we could run to them if people started throwing paint or generally getting physical. We had to drive up about 2 blocks away and meander towards the building as well which kinda sucked. Fortunately, I didnt encounter anything bad other than people screaming and showing pictures of dead animals.

What a lot of these people dont know, is that in my experience, the animals are given a better environment to live in than the people that are running the experiments on them. You had to keep the animals under zero stress, with purified air/water/food/lighting to get any valid results that would meet FDA standards. Yah, in the end they were euthanized, but again IME places all did this with a carbon monoxide chamber which is pretty painless I have heard.

I dont know if those folks have their own conventions as it seems they make one out of any other target convention.
I couldn't get the video feed on my comp for whatever reason, so I don't know what was said or who reported it, etc...

But PETA is actually strictly legislative and ALF (Animal Liberation Foundation) is radical. ALF does the destroying of equip and PETA does the legislation front. It would be hard for me to believe that PETA would allow any radical behavior, as they are the ones preaching peace through legislation. Even ALF has an agreement that they never harm a person, just equip. Can someone give me an example where PETA or ALF has harmed a person?

I have never given a dime to either, nor am I a member or on their mailing lists, but I back their agenda 100%. Disregarding the thumpers on here, our presence on this earth in human bodies is pure coincidence. We could have been anything from an insect (which is also an animal) to a human and we allegedly won the lottery, so now we're going to abuse the privilege?

Anyone ever watch, "Planet of the Apes?" It was supposed to educated humans how it is to be on the other end - apparently no one took notice.

the FBI met us and gave us the rundown about PETA and other groups being involved in a demonstration

Ya, FBI. There ya go. They're as objective as PETA, but they have been given the power so they're right.

if people started throwing paint or generally getting physical.

PETA isn't supposed to get physical and I have never heard of an incident where they have. But the, "PETA and other groups" indicates the dishonesty in the FBI's statements. They try to encase ALF with PETA. But even ALF doesn't harm people, just equip. This reminds me of how the righties are tying OBL and Al-Quiada with Iraq. These government agencies use propaganda and outright lies to persuade the naive - don't but it w/o checking it out.

What a lot of these people dont know, is that in my experience, the animals are given a better environment to live in than the people that are running the experiments on them.

This sounds like Barbara Bush saying something to the effect that the people in La were poor, so this hurricane works for them. Are you shitting me? Chemicals put in your eyes to see when and if blindness occurs. Veal are baby calves made to stand and starved so they remain lean - ironically killing them is the most humane thing we do to them. Goats, sheep and other animals hung alive by the hooves, but then before the nice man can slice their throat, the break bell rings so they're there for 30 mins of torture before murder. Ya, PETA is way out of line for revealing this stuff.

So these animals get the love of families cuddling all night? Oh, that’s right, they get a cold steel cage until they get the death chamber….. Sucks to be your conscience.

You had to keep the animals under zero stress, with purified air/water/food/lighting to get any valid results that would meet FDA standards.

Furthermore, you had the gravy experiments. Many experiments aren’t so nice, and I think you know that. Do understand the need to rationalize you contribution to the cruelty in order to deal with it.

Yah, in the end they were euthanized, …

Oh, BTW, one more little fact……. Fucking spare me the sugar…..

but again IME places all did this with a carbon monoxide chamber which is pretty painless I have heard.

Oh, and who have they asked about pain, fear, etc that has been through the death chamber? Again, this is the human way of rationalizing the torture we exact. It’s not that bad, etc….
BTW, why do they euthanize them? Or at least, what is their rationale?

Don’t you get it, your convention IS their convention. They are here to remind you that you contribute to these animal’s pain and death. Would anti-abortion protestors protest in the confines of their homes or church? No, and these guys also go to the source of the misery.

Try to step back in the 3rd person as if you have no connection or opinion with any of this. Would you think that killing animals for food and clothing is inhumane? You’re going to say that killing for food in necessary. Wrong. Look at your teeth, or better yet, right now go to the store and buy a steak, eat it and see if you are here to write another post. Our teeth and the rest of our digestive systems aren’t designed to eat read meat, maybe fish.

One last thought. I have taken the Raineer beer tour, the Tillamook cheese tour and others. I wonder why slaughter houses don't allow open tours, or if they allow limited ones they frisk you for cameras? I know, all you family guys should beg the local slaughter house into allowing you to take your kids through it for a tour. What? Don't want to traumatize your kids? Good call. Animals GIVE us meat, right? No, we slice their throat and dismember their bodies, no sugar please. I often say that you can tell a lot about country by the way they treat their poor, well, I think we can say a lot about humanity (loose usage) by the way we treat so-called inferior organisms.
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

What's a bigger?

They wouldn't care, at least I assume. They don't care about small usage of these produts, just large scale atrocities.
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

The video shows P.E.T.A. funds the ALF and supports their members... It's very well documented

Your paranoid leader

Diggity"Get that video working!"Biggity
Lex

Post by Lex »

EBSB52 wrote:[ Look at your teeth, or better yet, right now go to the store and buy a steak, eat it and see if you are here to write another post. Our teeth and the rest of our digestive systems aren’t designed to eat read meat, maybe fish.
Teeth don't matter. Humans can cook and process their food. If YOU can't digest or chew meat fine, but in a world of 6 billion people do you think that rule applies to everyone? Not everyone can break down lactic acid, but that doesn't mean everyone else should be forced to quit eating dairy.

Personally, I like my duck, lamb, and especially beef nearly raw. A steak that's only light browned on the outside yet still red and bloody, fuck yeah... nothing like. :thumbleft:
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

diggitybiggity wrote:The video shows P.E.T.A. funds the ALF and supports their members... It's very well documented

Your paranoid leader

Diggity"Get that video working!"Biggity
THX, don't know why my POS comp won't allow me to view that!

Certainly, I agree that most PETA members agree with and support the actions of ALF. PETA is the legislative force and ALF is the mucle, but either way, PETA are not terrorists and ALF could be considered property terrorists at most. Their mantra is not hurt animals, human or other forms of animals.

If you ideologically support a group that is considered to be a property terrorist, are you also a terrorist? It's a bit vicarious to me.
Weponhead

Post by Weponhead »

fine we'll all eat veggies and fish "maybe" and we will let all the other animals just live however the fuck they want , there will be cows shitting in my yard. Lets see if we can all survive on carrots , tofu and lettuce... yea ok, and that cow shitting in my yard just ate my garden . oh FUCK i have no food. yea its a VERY blunt and unthoughtout view but its what im thinking right now, bite me.
whipped

Post by whipped »

zonyl wrote: After getting off the plane in OH on my way to a convention for "Animal Husbandry" equipment manufacturers
come again?
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

That's what the farmer said to the bull!
zonyl
not really

Post by zonyl »

EBSB52 wrote: I couldn't get the video feed on my comp for whatever reason, so I don't know what was said or who reported it, etc...

But PETA is actually strictly legislative and ALF (Animal Liberation Foundation) is radical. ALF does the destroying of equip and PETA does the legislation front. It would be hard for me to believe that PETA would allow any radical behavior, as they are the ones preaching peace through legislation. Even ALF has an agreement that they never harm a person, just equip. Can someone give me an example where PETA or ALF has harmed a person?

I have never given a dime to either, nor am I a member or on their mailing lists, but I back their agenda 100%. Disregarding the thumpers on here, our presence on this earth in human bodies is pure coincidence. We could have been anything from an insect (which is also an animal) to a human and we allegedly won the lottery, so now we're going to abuse the privilege?

Anyone ever watch, "Planet of the Apes?" It was supposed to educated humans how it is to be on the other end - apparently no one took notice.

the FBI met us and gave us the rundown about PETA and other groups being involved in a demonstration

Ya, FBI. There ya go. They're as objective as PETA, but they have been given the power so they're right.

if people started throwing paint or generally getting physical.

PETA isn't supposed to get physical and I have never heard of an incident where they have. But the, "PETA and other groups" indicates the dishonesty in the FBI's statements. They try to encase ALF with PETA. But even ALF doesn't harm people, just equip. This reminds me of how the righties are tying OBL and Al-Quiada with Iraq. These government agencies use propaganda and outright lies to persuade the naive - don't but it w/o checking it out.

What a lot of these people dont know, is that in my experience, the animals are given a better environment to live in than the people that are running the experiments on them.

This sounds like Barbara Bush saying something to the effect that the people in La were poor, so this hurricane works for them. Are you shitting me? Chemicals put in your eyes to see when and if blindness occurs. Veal are baby calves made to stand and starved so they remain lean - ironically killing them is the most humane thing we do to them. Goats, sheep and other animals hung alive by the hooves, but then before the nice man can slice their throat, the break bell rings so they're there for 30 mins of torture before murder. Ya, PETA is way out of line for revealing this stuff.

So these animals get the love of families cuddling all night? Oh, that’s right, they get a cold steel cage until they get the death chamber….. Sucks to be your conscience.

You had to keep the animals under zero stress, with purified air/water/food/lighting to get any valid results that would meet FDA standards.

Furthermore, you had the gravy experiments. Many experiments aren’t so nice, and I think you know that. Do understand the need to rationalize you contribution to the cruelty in order to deal with it.

Yah, in the end they were euthanized, …

Oh, BTW, one more little fact……. Fucking spare me the sugar…..

but again IME places all did this with a carbon monoxide chamber which is pretty painless I have heard.

Oh, and who have they asked about pain, fear, etc that has been through the death chamber? Again, this is the human way of rationalizing the torture we exact. It’s not that bad, etc….
BTW, why do they euthanize them? Or at least, what is their rationale?

Don’t you get it, your convention IS their convention. They are here to remind you that you contribute to these animal’s pain and death. Would anti-abortion protestors protest in the confines of their homes or church? No, and these guys also go to the source of the misery.

Try to step back in the 3rd person as if you have no connection or opinion with any of this. Would you think that killing animals for food and clothing is inhumane? You’re going to say that killing for food in necessary. Wrong. Look at your teeth, or better yet, right now go to the store and buy a steak, eat it and see if you are here to write another post. Our teeth and the rest of our digestive systems aren’t designed to eat read meat, maybe fish.

One last thought. I have taken the Raineer beer tour, the Tillamook cheese tour and others. I wonder why slaughter houses don't allow open tours, or if they allow limited ones they frisk you for cameras? I know, all you family guys should beg the local slaughter house into allowing you to take your kids through it for a tour. What? Don't want to traumatize your kids? Good call. Animals GIVE us meat, right? No, we slice their throat and dismember their bodies, no sugar please. I often say that you can tell a lot about country by the way they treat their poor, well, I think we can say a lot about humanity (loose usage) by the way we treat so-called inferior organisms.
I appreciate the time you took for the response and it was a good read.

- First of all, as I tried to state, my information is limited to my experience ( our customers were drug companies such as Pfizer, Merc, etc). Not slaughterhouses, cosmetic companies, GAP, etc.

- I was not justifying using animals for food or clothes, I was attempting to describe aspects of experimentation for drug acceptance with FDA.

- I never said I took the FBI's information at face value. It scared me to hear of the things they supposedly have done, but in the end as I mentioned, nothing physical happened. I have yet to confirm any animal rights acitvists doing anything illegal first hand.

- Animals were euthanized because after the experiment had run its course, these animals were no longer of use for a different experiment. Thousands of animals go through drug testing each day, however, what do you do with all of them at the end of the experiment? If you would be willing to "rescue" them, Im sure some would be available to you. Others get diseases via experimentation and they do not want them to get a chance to develop symptoms.
- Almost all animals I dealt with were born in a lab, often times in a tube, for the single purpose they were meant for. Ergo, I am not aware of people taking animals from their families to experiment on (one less stress I guess)

- Yes, I know they are coming to our conventions because it is ideal to do so. They probably do have their own conventions somewhere else as well.

- As far as touring goes, the company I worked for showed me the animal prototyping area with live animals during the initial interview. They werent trying to hide anything, didnt have to sign any NDA either.

- As for the side I take, I value human life over other species. Everyone has to draw the line somewhere. Im sure some draw the conclusion that plants are also living creatures that dont deserve to be eaten / demolished / etc. Have you destroyed a plant or uprooted a colony of ants, to make your life better? How do you justify that?

- I have heard the teeth argument before, and my counter to that is: We have the _natural_ intelligence and aspirations to overcome our physical shortcomings. Everything we do is natural, like it or not.

- My conscious is fine, knowing that somewhere thousands of kids each day are able to overcome genetic and physical trauma specifically because of animal testing that was made possible by some of the products I helped develop.
Oversteer

Post by Oversteer »

Fucking activists.

I work in the environmental field, I am a consultant/project manager and remediate oil spills and other environmental disasters. I have worked in this field for a few years, and prior to this I worked for the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources as a fisheries/wildlife technician. The things I learned in the past few years have given me the right to make educated opinions on environmental affairs, a right that only a few of the activists can claim.

I have seen bears moving hundreds of miles south in search of food as the pencil pushers in government decided to cancel the spring bear hunt and not incorporate any habitat regeneration programs to accommodate the raising bear populations. They did not realize that the bear population was sustaining itself with biological studies and controlled hunting allowances. Humans are the only real predator of bears, remove us from the equation and trouble is on the horizon.

I am going moose hunting in a week, and due to seven bear attacks this summer we have to buy a Bear tag, and take precautionary steps as not to get mistaken for food. Bears don’t usually attach humans, and the bears we have in Ontario are fairly small and non-aggressive, black bears would rather eat berries or rotting carcasses than anything the size of a human.

People don't understand nor do they want to accept the way things actually are. They see deer as being cute, moose as being majestic, and bears as being cuddly balls of cutness. Well I will slap anyone is the face with a big fuck off backhand for saying things like that. They may be all the things I have said above but the are aslo animals and are faced with harsh conditions that we as humans have trouble comprehending. When animals over populate, they cannot just move to the next village and build a house, or farm more land. They are controlled by space and food restraints, the very things we as a species have destroyed over the past 300 years on this land. This is why we have controlled hunts in most areas of Ontario and the rest of the country. In heavy snow accumulation deer cannot easily get around, and there main food source (buds) get buried in the snow. They starve to death, and this is further to the normal numbers that die of starvation in a good season. They have no predators as we have also killed off the wolf, coyote, lynx, and cougar populations. The situation with moose is similar, and it has been proven scientifically that the survival rate of both moose and deer is significantly higher with the controlled hunt in place as it lowers the population prior to the heavy winter months and takes pressure off of the food supplies thus providing a more sustainable environment for the population density. They say you shoot one moose, and one lives, and that’s the way it goes.

When you tell one of those bastards (activists) the facts they come back with half made up bullshit to try and throw you off the path. They see the problem but not the whole problem. Maybe hunting is bad, but unfortunately we have now become part of the natural habitat and part of the food chain, if you remove us from that food chain everything will be affected. Prime example is the bear problems we are encountering here with bears moving further south than ever documented before. And then where do they live? In dumps, how natural is that. I guess the mass amounts of tufu and vegan soy milk have gone to their heads. Some times I just want to ring their pale white necks, but whatever just another day and another ignorant ass hole.

I know this has nothing to do with the original topic but I got going and now I am pissed off hahaha but I will try now to respond appropriately. People don't want to experiment on animals? Do they want to watch their family members die of cancer, aids or whatever? The solution is science, and if they don't want us to experiment on animals, then maybe they should volunteer their services and do a great dead for humanity.

ALF? There is an intelligent group of people, same people that burnt down this high priced ski resort because the developers were killing trees and damaging the natural environment. I guess those idiots didn't think of insurance? The same thing that will paid to have that building they burned to the ground rebuilt, and what was it rebuilt from? WOOD, and what’s wood made out of? TREES. Not to mention the mass amounts of CO2, CO, and hydrocarbons they released into the environment as a result of that fire.

They need to realize that the real world is a real place, and finding even a hint of reality will most likely help them in understanding how this whole thing works. But until then, down with hippies, and damn I feel like a burger.

Ok I am done now

Edited to point out that this post is way out of place in this thread but just shows my hatred for stupid herd following activists. Damn sheep I say.
He called the shit poop
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

Very well said!! I am totally for hunting, and you make my argument very very well..

Your paranoid leader

Diggity" :thumbleft: "Biggity
Oversteer

Post by Oversteer »

I wasn't into hunting until I got into this field (environmental). Learned a few things doing management work and realized that hunting isn't a bad thing but rather a positive thing. All the habitat work and so on that hunting organizations do, such as OFAH, Ducks Unlimited and so on. Hunters are generally conservationists, the hunters that give us all a bad name are classified as poachers in my books.

Plus I enjoy it, even if I don't get a moose, I will still enjoy it.

But to better my chances I am going twice this year, two different locations. I leave for Chapleau next week which is about 11 hours from my home, and then the first week of November I am going to Dryden which is about 22 hours from my home for deer and moose.

I thought about bringing the fiero up, but I am not sure if I could cut a moose up small enough to fit under the deck lid.
He called the shit poop
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

diggitybiggity wrote:Very well said!! I am totally for hunting, and you make my argument very very well..

Your paranoid leader

I'm totally for hunting too.........of humans. :thumbleft:
'88 Fiero GT- 3800 Turbo Best E.T. 11.36 Best MPH 121.50 (Sold and gone)
2021 Hyundai Veloster-N (SCCA Solo D-Street)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (SCCA Solo STX)
WNY SCCA-Region Auto-X Program Chair
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

LMAO!!

Your paranoid leader

Diggity"I hope you're kidding"Biggity
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

God wrote:
diggitybiggity wrote:Very well said!! I am totally for hunting, and you make my argument very very well..

Your paranoid leader

I'm totally for hunting too.........of humans. :thumbleft:
That's what the McDonald's shooter at a Chula Vista store said to his wife before he left the house in the mid eighties: "I'm going hunting humans."

I'm sure ur jokin, but you have to be careful that some people might think ur serious.