Went to Mymonte.com. Guess who I found?

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

DARKMAN

Went to Mymonte.com. Guess who I found?

Post by DARKMAN »

Aaron_z34.
Thinking about buying a 98 Monte so I went there to do some research and was browsing the site and different forums.

Someone had a quote as a sig from Aaron_z34. Sounded familiar. So I did some research.
Aaron tell me this is not you.

Some funny shit though.
LOL.
http://www.mymonte.com/discussion/viewt ... highlight=

Post by Guest »

Oh that is Aaron all right.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm makes you wonder how many forums Aaron is on now doesn't it.

Aaron this signifies an unhealthy addiction to the DOHC buddy, we may need to intervene here. I call for an intervention.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

What thread is that?

I got banned for mouthing off about their stupidass points system. It is basically the ratings bar system that teh Pfiffle has, and I bitched about it because in order to have a signature or avatar you need a certain number of points. The only way to get points is to post or donate. It's bullshit.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

And you'll soon learn that MM is a big waste of minds anyway. I don't think they have a single person w ho knows shit about ANY enignes, even lawn mowers.

Every thread in the DOHC section is in some way shape or form related to a L67 swap. The only threads concerning 3.4 performance are about warm air intakes...
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

aaron wrote: in order to have a signature or avatar you need a certain number of points.
I could see how not having an avatar or signature would have driven you off the deep end.

Thats an unhealthy addiction to avatars and sigs you have there. :la:
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

crzyone wrote: I could see how not having an avatar or signature would have driven you off the deep end.

Thats an unhealthy addiction to avatars and sigs you have there. :la:
It really pissed me off honestly.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

This guy has been lurking for how many months and he makes one post and it's just to bust aaron's chops. I love it!
SappySE107

Post by SappySE107 »

Last edited by SappySE107 on Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ben Phelps
60Degreev6.com
WOT-Tech.com
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Yes, I would not be a credible source on intake manifold swaps, header construction and design, exhaust systems, or cold air intakes would I?

Post by Guest »

Not really.
SappySE107

Post by SappySE107 »

Last edited by SappySE107 on Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ben Phelps
60Degreev6.com
WOT-Tech.com
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

SappySE107 wrote:Lets try this again.

No, i wouldn't ask you anything regarding those topics. Ive seen your work first hand aaron, so you should know better than to ask me that question. Ive learned something on header design from your attempt, which is about the most positive thing I can say.
They're better than any of the other 3.4 w-body headers aren't they?

They fit, they work, and they are streetable. It wasn't the dogbone that made the car, in YOUR words, "damn fast." I drove the car everyday with them on, Tony drives it on a regular basis, they work just fine.

THey hit in a few places, but other than that, what's wrong with them?
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
SappySE107

Post by SappySE107 »

Last edited by SappySE107 on Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ben Phelps
60Degreev6.com
WOT-Tech.com
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

SappySE107 wrote:Sure, they would be a good start for an all out race motor. Not a lumina. I don't think he has driven it daily but who even cares. His O2 sensor is an ornament right now. The holes in the welds don't help any but the sensor is way too far from the heads to really register any reading until its driven hard for 10 seconds. You had it on the front bank only as well, though it was placed down further than stock location. You may as well put the O2 sensor down by the muffler for what that was worth.

Is there even a point in comparing your headers to those that I haven't seen in person? There are more people working on the 60V6 motors than are on online or even the forums you know of. I bet milzys headers whoop yours on a stock car with stock computer in terms of performance AND drivability. You may have him on performance but drivability i doubt highly. Gas milage, probably not. Sound, probably not. Longevity, no way. I hate his design, which you know. I don't want yours either.
Well that is pretty much what I wanted out of the 3.4, 4500-7500 power. As for the O2, you act as if I did it on purpose and that I didn't care. Listen up Ben, I didn't know. Had I known it was too far away, damn strait I would've put a heated one in. And it only reading from one bank doesn't have ANY affect on its capability to read. It reads percentages, not amounts. I guess if one bank went critically bad, then yah, it'd be innaccurate, but how would that happen? Had I known, I would've taken care of it. There were very few holes in the welds, and the ones that were there stayed, because losing a 1" circle of the coating wasn't worth a tiny hole that will have no affect on how the car runs.

Show me a set of headers on a 3.4 in a Lumina better than mine. 1 set. Until I see them, they don't exist. Mine weren't built for a stock car. Mine were built for a car whose engine was sooner or later going to be run 4500-7500 all day long. I didn't care about low end. And we both know past 4000 Milzy's stand no chance. You don't have a single argument, except for the O2. And even then, the car isn't reading the O2 at WOT is it? So the only reason mine were worse is because they were better? Also, I built them keeping in mind that the car will need tuned eventually.

How will his last any longer? Mine are ceramic coated stainless steel, you can't beat that, and he DEFINATELY can't.

How'd they hurt drivability?

If I wanted them to sound good I wouldn't have made them. I don't care about sound. Good headers never sound good, you know that. Take the headers off and the car sounded great. Low, quiet, smooth rumble with no rasping.

I could care less about gas mileage. If I wanted MPG, I would've done a 2.5 swap.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
SappySE107

Post by SappySE107 »

Last edited by SappySE107 on Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ben Phelps
60Degreev6.com
WOT-Tech.com
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

SappySE107 wrote:I have never met you, so you don't exist. Holes don't matter, 1 bank doesn't matter, low end doesn't matter, gas milage doesn't matter. All that matters is some kid made a set of headers and proclaimed them the finest ever, and it was so.

Wake up. You think no one else has made a set of headers? News flash aaron, there is a much larger world than teh intarweb in which you are notoriously ranked as annoying, arrogant, and full of shit. In this real world, you may actually have friends. There most likely is someone else with headers. Did you forget kicking Z already?
Well you can't argue Jon Doe's headers are better when we have never seen Jon Doe's headers. Sure my set can be better, but for the first try, with no prototypes, they are still working great.

Holes do matter, but they are not worth the reliability downfall of closing them and removing 1" of coating. And they matter, but a few pinholes isn't going to make enough of a difference to justify losing that much area of coating.

Low end in my application did not matter. And for your information, it made 10ft lbs more than my stock Z34 below 4000rpm. At 4000 and above, it was about 40wtq higher. So in fact my motor GAINED low end, just not in perspective to high end. But even if it lost 30wtq, I still wouldn't care. I didn't build it to have low end.

Gas mileage doesn't matter to me. If it did, I would have bought a Honda. I don't mod my cars and race them to 7150 on a daily basis for good gas mileage, so no, it doesn't matter to me or Tony.

Finest set we have ever seen on a 3.4 w-body, quite possibly so.

Yes, I did forget Kickin Z. Oh, and the fact that I ran almost a second faster than him at the track, and pulled 4-5 car lengths to 50 on the street. And the fact that he broke his headers by running it at the track. They were not streetable, they scraped. Mine don't. And those guy's headers look pretty good. But they are not equal length, are not curve matched whatsoever, are huge for N/A, and are for a totally different application, and not a w-body.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
DARKMAN

Post by DARKMAN »

:thumbleft:
eHoward wrote:This guy has been lurking for how many months and he makes one post and it's just to bust aaron's chops. I love it!
JohnnyK

Post by JohnnyK »

aaron wrote:Until I see them, they don't exist.
bahahhahahhahaha
aaron wrote:I don't mod my cars and race them to 7150 on a daily basis for
bahahahhahhahahaha.. oh.. too much, too much..
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

JohnnyK wrote:
aaron wrote:Until I see them, they don't exist.
bahahhahahhahaha
aaron wrote:I don't mod my cars and race them to 7150 on a daily basis for
bahahahhahhahahaha.. oh.. too much, too much..
You cannot argue that so and so's headers are better when neither of us know so and so, or what their headers look like, or their dimensions. So until I see them, they have no relevance in an argument.

What's too much? That I ran my car to 7000 on a daily basis? That is why I built the fucking engine. I didn't build it to be a daily driver, I would've bought a crate motor for half the price. I built it to run hard and take a beating, and I drove it like I stole it. If I was racing, I was shifting at 7150. I didn't mod it to drive the car around and enjoy the torque that a 3.4 DOHC modded for the high end provided. If I wanted low end torque, I'd have swapped a L67 or 3.1T.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Aaron, you need to sit back, chill and choose your arguments. You are so easy to bait its not even funny. Stop letting people draw you into arguments. Learn to shrug off criticizm. Best advice I can give you.