Z34 goes 1 for 1 tonight

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Z34 goes 1 for 1 tonight

Post by Aaron »

So I took the Z34 out for an hour or two looking for trouble. The more technical reason was because I was bored and it was my dad's gas...

First I caught up with a brand new Chrystler Crossfire. Don't know much about it, it was a soldier's car, still had temp tags. It was a stickshift. We went from about 20 to 80 or so. As soon as I heard him downshift to first I did and gunned it. We were side by side until about 35-40, then I hit 2nd and slowly started pulling away. At 80 he was at my rear bumper. So it was a pretty good run, he came up besides me staring at the car afterwards, and asked what I had done to it. I had the pleasure of saying "It's all stock." He said "wow, pretty quick car."

The next race was against an Acura Integra with type R badges. It was lowered, and had a nice set of rims. It was modded, but I couldn't quite tell how. I thought I heard a low boost turbo and BOV, but I am not sure. The 3.4 makes a decent amount of noise at high RPM WOT, so it gets hard to hear your opponent sometimes. We ran from 40-90, and were about side by side until 65, where he started barely pulling away. But once my 3rd gear developed, I stopped his pulling, and we stayed even from there. My front bumper was at his front wheel, so he won. I think I could have taken him from a light without a problem. I wish I could have known what he had, but I didn't get the chance to ask.

I enjoyed taking it out, car ran beautifully. And it pulled really hard as usual. It feels so strong after driving my Fiero for the past week. It just comes alive and goes. I really enjoy driving it sometimes, but just for the motor. I would be a happy man with this enigne as it sits in my Fiero.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Specs on the Crossfire. 215hp 229tq 3.2l V6. 6.7sec 0-60, and a 15.09 @ 95.2 mph.

By the numbers it should have beaten me, as the 5-speed Z34s are about a 15.2 at 92, and a flat 7 sec 0-60. However, this Z34 does run really freakishly. It is honestly the strongest stock or near stock 3.4 I've ever felt, and the dyno proves it, being 10whp higher than most Z34s dyno stock, and even beating most modded Z34s. I stand by that I really think this car could crack a 14 sec 1/4mi. Hopefully I'll get the chance to run it at sea level sometime, but I doubt I will.
Blue Shift

Post by Blue Shift »

I'll race you in my bosses wifes Ford Escape. Hahahahah.

Actually, for an SUV, it moves decently.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Blue Shift wrote:I'll race you in my bosses wifes Ford Escape. Hahahahah.

Actually, for an SUV, it moves decently.
A lot of newer SUVs aren't exactly slow. Then you have H2s. Slower than a goddamn Iron Duke with no air filter. Probably still slower than an Iron Duke with an air filter...

My Mom's 2003 Grand Cherokee with the Overland HO V8 moves really well.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.