For Sale: 86SE With 3.4DOHC Swap

Sell your parts/cars here. Parts & Cars - not just for "partscars."

Moderator: crzyone

Fast88Fiero

For Sale: 86SE With 3.4DOHC Swap

Post by Fast88Fiero »

Trying to sell my DOHC 86SE. I like the car and the swap but have some plans for my 88 and could use the money for that. :thumbleft:

The car is a 86SE. Has 79K miles. It's red with black ground fx. Has a firebird spoiler and some aftermarket 15" crosslace wheels. The interior is grey. Has firebird 2 tone (red/grey) seats. Has a sunroof, tilt steering and has a/c, but the a/c is not hooked up.

The engine is a 3.4L DOHC from a 92 lumina mated to the factory 4 speeed trans. Has a SPEC stage 2 clutch with about 2000 miles. The wireing was done by ERIC on OE and has a Darth chip. Has a new waterpump, thermostat, belt, timing belt, timing belt tensioner and idlers. Runs good and is a blast to drive. Exhaust has a cat and 2 glasspack mufflers with camaro tips. Sounds awesome! There are a couple things I dont like about the swap like the fact it still has the P/S pump with the lines looped and the flat steel dogbone that bolts to the aluminum tab by the p/s pump but those are easy fixes. The wireing harness isnt the greatest either. It's short just about everywhere. It also has a cooling issue which the belt was found to be the problem. I installed a 1/2 in shorter belt and all is good. The needle is loose on the temp gauge so when you hit a bump it does whatever it wants.

The previous owner replaced all suspension components a little over a year ago. The brakes are new all around with grand am brakes in the rear.

I'm asking $4000 for the car or will trade for a complete N* I could put in my 88. :thumbleft:

Pictures:

I'll get some new pictures this week. My camera is at my parents house.
88 coupe: 2.0 turbo 4. T25, w2a, meth injection
Fast88Fiero

Post by Fast88Fiero »

I drove my stock 86GT 4 speed today (which I'm selling) and holy crap is it slow. The DOHC will walk all over it. It sure is nice having 2 swapped Fiero's. I'm thinking I might not sell the DOHC. Once I get a few projects finished I might pull this engine back out and clean up the swap some since I dont like a few things about it. :thumbleft: