Was there any doubt that Dodge is best?

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Was there any doubt that Dodge is best?

Post by crzyone »

Was there any doubt that Dodge is the coolest auto company in existance? How about a 440ci hemi built heavy enough for boost?
http://www.srtmopar.com/hemiblog/?permalink=438

:thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft:
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

How about a 6.4L Hemi at over 500hp?
http://www.srtmopar.com/hemiblog/?permalink=430
product1620

Post by product1620 »

I think with all the new age muscle cars coming out there will deffinently be some major domestic competition; I only hope that each company really gives it all the've got. Ford and Dodge are really on the ball, Chevy, however, is playing catch up as always.
1998 Mustang GT
You can't piss on what you can't catch.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

The cool thing about Dodge Hemis, they are making huge numbers all motor. The 6.4 hemi will be badass and over 500hp. I hope they include that motor as an option in the Challenger.
product1620

Post by product1620 »

I think the 6.1L will be the bigger engine option.
1998 Mustang GT
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

product1620 wrote:I think the 6.1L will be the bigger engine option.
article wrote:Remember, the 2008 Dodge Challenger R/T in limited copies will get the next generation Hemi 6.1 liter powerplant but not the T/A version. With the hoopla of baby boomers wanting bigger motors and not forgetting the domestic and foreign competition, SRT engineers are secretly developing the next SRT choice of powerplant – the 6.4 liter Hemi V8. The same engine that was shown to us SEMA fans late last year. Noting SEMA showing of the engine’s output at 510 Horsepower and 510-lbs of Torque, this beast maybe the top of its field when produce.
product1620

Post by product1620 »

I don't read, I skim. :angel:
1998 Mustang GT
befarrer

Post by befarrer »

Ford like their 5.4L engine, all I bet they will do is put a supercharger on it, like they have in the past. They will do the same with the 4.6L too.
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

400HP GTO not competition?? Give GM some credit.
product1620 wrote:I think with all the new age muscle cars coming out there will deffinently be some major domestic competition; I only hope that each company really gives it all the've got. Ford and Dodge are really on the ball, Chevy, however, is playing catch up as always.
product1620

Post by product1620 »

eHoward wrote:400HP GTO not competition?? Give GM some credit.
product1620 wrote:I think with all the new age muscle cars coming out there will deffinently be some major domestic competition; I only hope that each company really gives it all the've got. Ford and Dodge are really on the ball, Chevy, however, is playing catch up as always.
Yea, but its not really in the same leauge as the GT 500 or the Challenger( if they put the big hemi in it) Remember the 305hp mach 1 mustang was faster. I don't think it will be anywhere close to competeing with a 475hp mustang or a 500+hp Challenger.
1998 Mustang GT
GM-TPI

Post by GM-TPI »

Don't forget the 505hp LS7 Z06 Corvette!
befarrer

Post by befarrer »

Did you know that the GTO is an Australian car, designed in Australia? It is actually a Holden Monaro.

http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/act ... elid=12001

Dodge and Ford actually designed the cars listed in this thread in North America, GM just imported an existing car from one of their subsidiaries.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

GTO doesn't mean jack since GM didn't bring it to Canada. A ZO6 is also in a completely different price range, I wouldn't consider it comparable.

Dodge is going to make 50k Challengers per year which should keep the price comparable to the SRT Charger.
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

GTO is canceled anyway. May be brought back with the new Camaro in a few years, may not.
<Insert Sig Here>
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

Fastback86 wrote:GTO is canceled anyway. May be brought back with the new Camaro in a few years, may not.
Hopefully it won't look like a Cavalier again.
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

Yeah, I know it's austrailian. Is that supposed to be a bad thing? So a GM subsidiary is somehow not GM? Whatever dude. Build quality is great. Power is more then you can legally use on the street. And the price is reasonable.

I for one like the aussie design and applaud GM for bringing it to america.
befarrer wrote:
Did you know that the GTO is an Australian car, designed in Australia? It is actually a Holden Monaro.

http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/act ... elid=12001

Dodge and Ford actually designed the cars listed in this thread in North America, GM just imported an existing car from one of their subsidiaries.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

The GTO is a great car. It's just not quite a GTO. Playing the retro card backfired because this GTO was nothing like the ones the nostalgia group remembers.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

GM should have brought over the Monaro. Screw changing the name, it would have been much more sucessful as a Monaro.
GM-TPI

Post by GM-TPI »

crzyone wrote:GM should have brought over the Monaro. Screw changing the name, it would have been much more sucessful as a Monaro.
I'm GM fan, but i agree, the introduction of the GTO from the Monaro platform was the easy way out for the demand of V8 RWD performance. I hope they bring that 07 Camaro concept to life, that way they can at least say "build in USA" (and they better sell those in canada too :angry: )
http://www.antena1.ro/auto/a/popup.htm? ... /b_003.jpg
Fast88Fiero

Post by Fast88Fiero »

crzyone wrote:GM should have brought over the Monaro. Screw changing the name, it would have been much more sucessful as a Monaro.
Very true. I liked the 04 GTO I test drove over the weekend. Will be getting a 05 with the 6 speed soon. :thumbleft:
88 coupe: 2.0 turbo 4. T25, w2a, meth injection