I knew this would turn out ugly.

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

I knew this would turn out ugly.

Post by Aaron »

I've got some extra textbooks extra since our school is using new editions, thus the stores won't buy them back. So I decided to put a few up on Ebay. Well this guy is bidding on the one that ended soonest, and he has 1 feedback. Well he wins it at $41. I stated in my auction paypal only. Well the fucker still hasn't paid. I wanted these gone a week ago, and I want the fucking $41. Somehow I knew something in this would go wrong, ever since I saw his 1 feedback.

I guess it's only been 12 hours or so, and some people need 2 hours to do a 2 minute task, but I don't want to deal with this shit. My first experience selling on Ebay, and it's turning out to be a bad one.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
whipped

Post by whipped »

could be worse... I just sold a scanner on ebay, guy paid by paypal. He gets it, now it shows some error message, put in a complaint, and now he has the scanner and paypal has my money. I won't get my $700 back until probably 20 days from now (been about 10 since the freeze was issued). That's ASSUMING they side with me, which the facts are on my side.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Dang that does suck. You did say sold as-is right? That right there will void you of any fault.

As soon as I get payment via Paypal, it gets transferred to my bank account. And if something like this was going on, I'd freeze the account or transfer the funds to another account.
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Re: I knew this would turn out ugly.

Post by stimpy »

Aaron wrote: I guess it's only been 12 hours or so, and some people need 2 hours to do a 2 minute task, but I don't want to deal with this shit. My first experience selling on Ebay, and it's turning out to be a bad one.
Wait a second, you're pitching a fit because the guy hasn't paid you after a full TWELVE HOURS on a weekend? Holy shit, what a little bitch. Some people go places and do shit on weekends. Not everyone sits on a computer 24/7 making sure that you have your fucking $41. Is $41 going to make your life that much better, anyhow? That's crackhead.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

12 hours? Chill the fuck out, dude. Sometimes I don't pay for three days just because I have other things to do.
whipped

Post by whipped »

yeah, I had as-is in the listing.

It WAS working when it left here, and I showed that in the description.

But in any case I put in a claim to fedex, so who knows, maybe I'll get double my money back.. :la: j/k

but this does have something in common with your story - guy had 1 feedback. must be a scam.
whipped

Post by whipped »

ahahaha I thought that said 12 days
Aaron

Re: I knew this would turn out ugly.

Post by Aaron »

stimpy wrote: Wait a second, you're pitching a fit because the guy hasn't paid you after a full TWELVE HOURS on a weekend? Holy shit, what a little bitch. Some people go places and do shit on weekends. Not everyone sits on a computer 24/7 making sure that you have your fucking $41. Is $41 going to make your life that much better, anyhow? That's crackhead.
I guess I just see things from my point of view. The things I bid on i want, and I watch them until they end. Then I pay for them instantly.

Some people don't I guess. And it isn't like the $41 is a big deal, I don't need it, but I want these books out of here.
88GTneverfinsihed

Post by 88GTneverfinsihed »

If your school is using new editions highly likely others are doing the same.

The university textbook business is the biggest ripoff in human history.

I fought that battle for 5 years. You can't win. You won't even come close to breaking even. You will lose your ass on textbooks in every situation.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

88GTneverfinsihed wrote:If your school is using new editions highly likely others are doing the same.

The university textbook business is the biggest ripoff in human history.

I fought that battle for 5 years. You can't win. You won't even come close to breaking even. You will lose your ass on textbooks in every situation.
I know and you're right, but if I can recoupe some of my cost it's worth it.

But it sold, so I'm happy. I started bidding at $35, so $41 isn't too bad...lol
Weponhead

Post by Weponhead »

some people cant get the $ into their paypal for 3 days if they dont have a card linked to the account.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

That's true.

Still no payment, havn't even heard from him.
zonyl
not really

Post by zonyl »

I sold a domain to an ebay user with no feedback
MNFatz

Post by MNFatz »

Publishers release new versions LITERALLY with the table of contents rearranged to call it a new edition. It's all a big scam to keep the new books flying off the shelves courtesy of the student loan system.

Keep all your textbooks. You're not going to get what they're worth. You'll have an interesting little library to look through later on.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

MNFatz wrote:Publishers release new versions LITERALLY with the table of contents rearranged to call it a new edition. It's all a big scam to keep the new books flying off the shelves courtesy of the student loan system.

Keep all your textbooks. You're not going to get what they're worth. You'll have an interesting little library to look through later on.
You're probably right, but the bookstores won't buy them back if they aren't the newest edition.

I have no use for a textbook on basic Statics and Dynamics. Besides, the class/concepts were easy anyways. I'm not the library type, that's what the internet is for. Old Europe taught me everything I need to know about everything. Carb > EFI, TPI > V6, torque > HP.
txf

Post by txf »

have you done your part and sent the INVOICE?
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Yup, sent it 5 seconds after auction closed.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

MNFatz wrote: Keep all your textbooks. You're not going to get what they're worth. You'll have an interesting little library to look through later on.
That's what I do... every once in awhile I'll need one for some reason or another.
I'm also too lazy to sell them ;-)
whipped

Post by whipped »

my 5" thick english textbook will make a nice fire log if I dip it in wax
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

I agree, keep textbooks. Especially basic ones. The basic concepts are the ones worth mastering. Do you think I got to the point of solving a triple integral, figuring my own crankshaft counterweights or calculating true piston acceleration without understanding F=ma?

I still have all my college texts. I burned my high school ones, though.