Fierodotcom went down hard yesterday

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

Dirty Sanchez

Fierodotcom went down hard yesterday

Post by Dirty Sanchez »

If you were a member over there that signed on in late May or later, please renew your account.
I'm such a dumb ass because I was too lazy to back up the forum before attempting what I was trying to do and my last backup was from the end of May. The net result is I lost a lot of good posts and half of the people that had signed on. From now on I will be backing up the forum at least once a week so this won't happen again.
Thanks, Avengador1 aka Dirty Sanchez.
I treat others as they treat me
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

Wouldnt it be smarter to post this on your forum? or the welcome screen or something so people who have actually registered there see the message as they try to sign in?
Resident Import Elitist
-------------------------
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
Dirty Sanchez

Post by Dirty Sanchez »

I have posted about the crash in my forum in the announcements section. I have no welcome screen. I have some members there that are also members here, and vice a versa.
I figured this was the easiest way to contact them, as they might not use the same username over here or there. Some came here on my reccomendation.
I'm very sorry to cause anyone, including yourself, any inconvenience because of my lack of HTML skills. I'm just trying to cover all the bases and I know not everyone reads the announcements section.
zonyl
not really

Post by zonyl »

Im just happy that I didnt get any emails about it!! <ahhhh>

That being said, that is a big bummer though. If you want I can give you any and all backups of all of the Fiero.com posts from 1997 to 2006. That offer is available to anyone that wants it.
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

I would be willing to host an archived fiero.com section.
Dirty Sanchez

Post by Dirty Sanchez »

Thanks for the offer Howard. I am backing up my forum on two desktops and a laptop now. I figure all three can't go down at the same time as they aren't used at the same time. I'll definitely keep your offer in mind. :thumbleft: