Cobeau seats

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

S8n

Cobeau seats

Post by S8n »

Anyone here have Corbeeau seats? Pros, cons, etc? I found a place that's doing a group purchase, so I figured I should get them now. I can post a link if anyone else is interested. Also, did you use the Corbeau mounting brackets? Thanks.
-Chuck
chukjagr@hotmail.com
'87 GT *Now can be seen at V8Archie's!* www.fotki.com/8balls
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

I have been looking at the Forzas for the longest time. Link for buy?

Also Corbeau does list a mounting bracket for a Fiero.

I know The Punisher installed Sparcos in his. I think he used the stock fiero brackets and modified them to bolt to the seat.

You can prob try using the stock brackets and if they wont' work get the brackets they sell for a fiero.
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

BEWARE OF BEN PHELPS. YOU HAVE VEEN WARNED. WORSE THAN MILZY IMO

530 whp is greater than 312
S8n

Post by S8n »

Here's the link: http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606590
I've dealt with Livernois before, they are definitely a good shop. GP is good until 11/24.
-Chuck
chukjagr@hotmail.com
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Fastback86 has Corbeaus. Hopefully he'll chime in since he has the everyday experience with them.
I have sat in his car and they feel great. They look good too. I think they are the A4 model.
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

Series got it. I have the A4s in my car and I love them. The rails say Fiero on them and they appear to fit fine, though the guy I bought mine from had extended the mounting holes on them, but I think it was to move them back further away from the steering wheel.

They fit perfectly as far as width goes, and I can still open my center console glove box thing fine. They do make it a little hard to get to the gas door lever, and you can forget about being able to look over you left shoulder when you merge. Also, you can't put them as far back the stock seats, the shoulder bolsters hit the B pillars. I keep mine all the way back and its just right, though I do like to have my seat back leaned back a little bit more than most people, so that makes a difference. I'm 5'10" BTW.

As for the seats themselves, they're awesome. They're well padded and very comfortable for everyday driving. They're a happy medium between regular seats and all-out race seats. The bolsters are awesome and hold you great in the turns. I feel more confident in hard turns with them because I don't have to worry about bracing myself against anything. Supposedly, the bolsters are adjustable if you take the seat covers off, but I've never needed to. All of the heaviest wear areas are leather and the rest of the seats are cloth and they hold up very well. They've been in my daily driver for 3+ years and are only showing minimal wear and tear, and only on the driver's seat. They do tend to get a little uncomfortable on really long drives (several hours or more), but not really any worse than most stock seats. Taking a short break usually does the trick.

Word from the wise: the seats sit much lower than the stock seats. They're almost on the floor. When you go to install them, a ratcheting wrench is your best friend in the world, otherwise you're going to be in there a very, very long time tightening the nuts an eighth of a turn at a time.
<Insert Sig Here>
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Fastback86 wrote:and you can forget about being able to look over you left shoulder when you merge.
Got manual mirrors? Even without the power mirrors you shouldn't NEED to look over your shoulder very far and certainly shouldn't need to be doing contortions to look.
S8n

Post by S8n »

Fastback86 wrote:Series got it. I have the A4s in my car and I love them. The rails say Fiero on them and they appear to fit fine, though the guy I bought mine from had extended the mounting holes on them, but I think it was to move them back further away from the steering wheel.

They fit perfectly as far as width goes, and I can still open my center console glove box thing fine. They do make it a little hard to get to the gas door lever, and you can forget about being able to look over you left shoulder when you merge. Also, you can't put them as far back the stock seats, the shoulder bolsters hit the B pillars. I keep mine all the way back and its just right, though I do like to have my seat back leaned back a little bit more than most people, so that makes a difference. I'm 5'10" BTW.

As for the seats themselves, they're awesome. They're well padded and very comfortable for everyday driving. They're a happy medium between regular seats and all-out race seats. The bolsters are awesome and hold you great in the turns. I feel more confident in hard turns with them because I don't have to worry about bracing myself against anything. Supposedly, the bolsters are adjustable if you take the seat covers off, but I've never needed to. All of the heaviest wear areas are leather and the rest of the seats are cloth and they hold up very well. They've been in my daily driver for 3+ years and are only showing minimal wear and tear, and only on the driver's seat. They do tend to get a little uncomfortable on really long drives (several hours or more), but not really any worse than most stock seats. Taking a short break usually does the trick.

Word from the wise: the seats sit much lower than the stock seats. They're almost on the floor. When you go to install them, a ratcheting wrench is your best friend in the world, otherwise you're going to be in there a very, very long time tightening the nuts an eighth of a turn at a time.
Good info! Do larger people have trouble getting or out or fitting in the seats, like a 250 lbs person (not me, some of my friends)? I'm six foot even, so the seat sitting a little lower shouldn't be a problem.
-Chuck
chukjagr@hotmail.com
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:
Fastback86 wrote:and you can forget about being able to look over you left shoulder when you merge.
Got manual mirrors? Even without the power mirrors you shouldn't NEED to look over your shoulder very far and certainly shouldn't need to be doing contortions to look.
What I meant was that with the stock seats, I could look over my left shoulder between the seat and the B pillar and see out the quarter window when I was merging. No way to do that now, the seat blocks that area. I mostly use the convex mirrors I put on. Part of the problem for me also is that I keep the seat leaned back a little, so I have to lean forward a bit to look back when merging.
<Insert Sig Here>
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

S8n wrote:Good info! Do larger people have trouble getting or out or fitting in the seats, like a 250 lbs person (not me, some of my friends)? I'm six foot even, so the seat sitting a little lower shouldn't be a problem.
The seats are really low, so its a little awkward climbing into the car, and the thigh bolsters really don't help. You get used to it, though. As for the size of a person, that could be an issue. The guy who sold them to me was selling them because he had gotten too fat (his words) for them. The side and thigh bolsters were too tight. He told me that you should be able to take the seat covers off and adjust them, but he decided he'd rather go back to stock seats. I've never tried to adjust them because they fit me perfect. I'm 5'10" 175lbs for the record.
<Insert Sig Here>
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Fastback86 wrote:
The Dark Side of Will wrote:
What I meant was that with the stock seats, I could look over my left shoulder between the seat and the B pillar and see out the quarter window when I was merging. No way to do that now, the seat blocks that area. I mostly use the convex mirrors I put on. Part of the problem for me also is that I keep the seat leaned back a little, so I have to lean forward a bit to look back when merging.
What I meant was that you should NOT have to do this because you can cover that spot with your mirrors.
Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

Ahh. Guess its just a matter of driving style then, I guess.
<Insert Sig Here>
S8n

Post by S8n »

Anyone use the fixed back version or even sat in one? Very, very rarely (read:just about never) let somone else drive my vehicles, so adjustments and other people's comfort isn't a priority here. Also, the FX1 Pros are 10 pounds lighter....
-Chuck
chukjagr@hotmail.com
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

The aftermarket seats I have tried have NEVER fitted me well... I'm just going to pour myself a urethane foam pad in a Kirkey aluminum seat and call it done.
Nemesis
ass

Post by Nemesis »

I have Corbeau TRS seats in my 88. They sit a little higher than the stock seats, but they hold you in place. It's hard to see out the back window and I can't open the center console unless I move both seats forward. They are mounted on modded stock rails. Basically there was a tab welded on them to bolt them down, raising them up a lil.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

I think I see a Forza in my future. $177
S8n

Post by S8n »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:I think I see a Forza in my future. $177
That's a good price, almost $50 off.
-Chuck
chukjagr@hotmail.com