Got an apprasial

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

befarrer

Got an apprasial

Post by befarrer »

I got my car appraised a few weeks ago, and finally got the results. My Fiero was appraised at $5,500.00 Canadian, which is over $1,000 more than I thought. The night before my appraisal, I added up all that I have recipts for on my Fiero, and everything else I can remember, which included a Fiero parts car, the Fiero itself, the Grand am donor car, my new engine and rebuild stuff, etc... and it was about $5,000.

Now, if I paint my car, and get the interior nice, it would probably be worth closer to $10,000.00.

My paint is old, the clearcoat is peeling on the drivers door, the drivers fender is oxidized, the hood has bumper scratches up it, the bumpers are a different color, the trunk is primered. The interior has the corners missing in the common spot, the vent deflectors are 1/2 missing on some of them, the interior has been painted, but is wearing off on the console, and gone on the pull handles on the door, the passenger window is scratched in the usual place, the shifter surround is missing an ash tray door, the shift boot doesnt shift right, and the surround sticks out on the passenger side, and the drivers seat has a fist sized tear in it. But the engine is clean, same with the front compartment. But, other than the paint, the interior stuff is easy, just have to find good parts in the J/U or on the net. and it is a simple swap. Anyway, I am glad with the results, beats a kelly blue book value of $745 American or $900 Canadian.
cactus bastard

Post by cactus bastard »

I think that's pretty optimistic.
Why would you eat bad ice cream?
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

What does an appraisal do for you? Insurance?
mysticfire6602

Post by mysticfire6602 »

as far as i know, if you get gets totaled by the insurance company and you have a current valid appraisal, the insurance company MUST pay you at least what it is appraised for.
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

Quick, drive into a bridge abutment and collect.
befarrer

Post by befarrer »

stimpy wrote:What does an appraisal do for you? Insurance?
Actually, Fieros arent very common up here. Only 10,000 84's were shipped up here, and there is alot more area. I think there were only about 30,000 Fieros shipped up here, so one that is in good shape is worth more.
cactus bastard

Post by cactus bastard »

I remember reading somewhere that the number of 88gts shipped to Canada was down in the hundreds.
Why would you eat bad ice cream?
befarrer

Post by befarrer »

SOmeone on either this forum or NL posted the numbers of Fieros shipped to Canada, and excluding 84, more V6 Fieros were shipped to Canada in every year it was offered than the L4, so a non-84 L4 Fiero is rarer up here than a V6.