WCF Open House ( Beerfest ) - June 9th

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

Boscolingus

WCF Open House ( Beerfest ) - June 9th

Post by Boscolingus »

Ok, so WCF is gonna have an open house which usually turns into a free tech session, advice, parts, etc... for the Fiero enthusiasts that show up. Last time there was at least 25 cars, and at least 10 cases of beer gone through.

So who all is gonna make it?
A.K.A. Chicken McNizzle on Old Europe
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

If I magically get my car running in 10 days, then I just might.

So basically, that's a no here...
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
Boscolingus

Post by Boscolingus »

Bringing the Fiero is not necessary - just bring yourself
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

I have a midterm at 3 PM but I'll be there after that.
Boscolingus

Post by Boscolingus »

perfect, celebrate the end of midterm with a hangover and some BBQ, what could be beter!!!! HAHA
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Er, didn't mean midterm.. I have a final. Also three more the following week, including one on Monday! So no alcohol for me.. I have to get back to studying that night :-( but i'll definitely eat some BBQ and show off my car.
Starlite528

Post by Starlite528 »

There's a 65% chance I can make it, hopefully those chances will go up as the deadline approaches.
Despite millions of dollars in research, Death continues to be our nations number one killer.
Henry Gibson - Kentucky Fried Movie.

http://www.lordshadowstar.com
Boscolingus

Post by Boscolingus »

I say everyone drop everything they're doing and make it out to the shop. I never have weekends off and now that I finally have one and can make it to the open house I want to meet all the peeps I havent had a chance to meet over the last 4 years or so.

The past few events have been great as there has been a significant influx of new blood into the Fiero community, especially out here in L.A.
Blue Shift

Post by Blue Shift »

I actually stopped by last weekend with Steven for shits and giggles. Cool shop. Unfortunately I'm 500 miles away now. Maybe next year?
Boscolingus

Post by Boscolingus »

500 miles isn't too bad, you have 6 days to start driving, or hell - book a cheap flight.
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

I'll be co-pilot if you want to drive.
My Fiero is now a Finale. The end.
Boscolingus

Post by Boscolingus »

Oh c'mon! - you can't miss out on a road trip with Stimpy!

I suddenly got these images of Harry and Loyde on the mini-bike going cross country to Aspen, hahahaha
dratts

Post by dratts »

I'm going to be in San Diego at 7:30 AM to pick up my Fiero roadster from an ebay purchase. I was planning on driving the Coast Highway back to San Francisco. Someone please send me a map to WCF so that I can stop by. If I wanted to spend the night would I be able to throw out my mattress and sleeping bag somewhere?
I'd rather have a free bottle in front of me than a prefrontal lobotomy
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

It's right off of Lincoln (Hwy 1 turns into Lincoln for a little while through Marina Del Rey). You turn right on Washington Blvd and then immediately right on Del Rey Ave. Then you'll take the first left, Beach Ave. WCF is about halfway down the street on the left.

http://www.google.com/maps?q=13445+Beac ... p&ct=image
Dirty Sanchez

Post by Dirty Sanchez »

I hope you guys have good weather and a better time. Have a couple of drinks for me. :thumbleft:
I treat others as they treat me
Blue Shift

Post by Blue Shift »

stimpy wrote:I'll be co-pilot if you want to drive.
Ah holy shit, don't tempt me man. I just got done driving a 1200 mile loop to LA and back, and had a lot of fun in the process. Also, the 383 shortblock I expected to have ready wasn't ready, so I ended up having it shipped out. And still had fun.

If I had the money and time, I'd totally go again.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Well, I was there before the crowd arrived, and I was there after the crowd left... but all in all a very good BBQ. And there are leftovers!
dratts

Post by dratts »

I stopped by on my way back from San Diego with my new 87 GT roadster. It's always fun to get together with fellow Fiero enthusiasts and I got to take a look at Chris Aurora with the NSX trans and Weber carb fuel injection. He is going to twin turbo it. All in all a great bunch of guys and well worth the stop on my way home.
I'd rather have a free bottle in front of me than a prefrontal lobotomy
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Thanks for stopping by, dratts. It was definitely a nice day to be driving a roadster. If you took got pictures of any of the cars, please post them! I didn't get to see anyone except the first 4 or 5 Fieros :-(.
It's always fun to get together with fellow Fiero enthusiasts and I got to take a look at Chris Aurora with the NSX trans and Weber carb fuel injection. He is going to twin turbo it.
Single turbo actually.
Boscolingus

Post by Boscolingus »

I had alot of fun, next time I wanna kinda focus on getting everyone together on a singular discussion rather than having 20 different groups of people trying to figure out what everything was in everyone's car.

But this hangover is killing me, especially being out in the sun today. At least Alissa had fun, even though she has a nuclear lobster sunburn :(