Bought a New Daily Driver

Talk about your other cars here.

Moderator: crzyone

AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Bought a New Daily Driver

Post by AkursedX »

Well the lease is up on my 05 Jetta and I have been car shopping for quite some time. I finally decided on a 2007 VW GTI Fahrenheit Edition #519/1200.

Since it was an '07 and the orange is a very much a love it/hate it color, I got a good deal, about $2800 off sticker. I will be picking it up Tuesday and post some pics.

I should note that the Fahrenheit's are strictly an appearence package consisting of the magma orange color, 18" gunmetal wheels, black leather interior with orange trim pieces.

The powertrain is VW's award-winning 2.0 turbo FSI engine (200hp) with a 6-speed Direct Shift Grearbox. And if you haven't driven a VW with the DSG, you have to, it's freaking awesome!

I do expect alot of flack for the orange color. I've already nicknamed it "The Pumpkin". I do have some mods already planned, but pretty much all exterior for now (tinted windows, black out the tailiights, emblems, and side markers) Eventually, I will lower it a bit, get some black wheels, and do the basic BPU mods (chip, intake, exhaust, and DV).

For those of you who don't know what they look like, here's a link:
http://www.supercarnews.net/2007-volksw ... enheit-gti
'88 Fiero GT- 3800 Turbo Best E.T. 11.36 Best MPH 121.50 (Sold and gone)
2021 Hyundai Veloster-N (SCCA Solo D-Street)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (SCCA Solo STX)
WNY SCCA-Region Auto-X Program Chair
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

I lke the orange color that they picked for the GTi version better then the yellow that they put on the Jetta. Nice pick, the GTi was on my list of cars to check out, but I never got around to them. I was attracted to the sequential gearbox, it sounds like a nice piece of tech and would work well for me.

BTW, what does "BPU" signify? Save me the Google. :lamer:
My Fiero is now a Finale. The end.
Mach10
Mach10 offers you his protection.

Post by Mach10 »

Basic Performance Upgrades.

Like exhaust tips, bright red spark plug wires, and window stickers that say "Powered by <name of manufacturer>"
"Oh, this is too good. She thinks you're a servant... Cause you're black! This is greatest moment in my miserable life... Sooo-ey! I LOVE RACISM!"
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

Mach10 wrote:Basic Performance Upgrades.

Like exhaust tips, bright red spark plug wires, and window stickers that say "Powered by <name of manufacturer>"
LOL I would put that window sticker on except that I think I'm going to get one that say "Earlbag Racing"

Like Mach said, BPU is "basic performance mods" For the GTI, that is pretty much a CAI, Turboback exhaust, ECU reflash, and a Forge diverter valve. If I go with these mods and the APR Stage-2 reflash, I should be around 270hp.
p8ntman442
cant get enough of this site!

Post by p8ntman442 »

heh, I just saw one of these on the road today, and I looked at who was driving, it was an old lady. I just thought it was an odd color for the car, and then I saw this post.
derangedsheep

Post by derangedsheep »

Props on the Fahrenheit. They're pretty sweet. If you chip that thing you will love it. I chipped a bunch of them at work and no one has anything bad to say. And with those mods it should be awesome. So you know, the 2.0T uses some kind of electronic diverter valve and there isn't an upgrade available (at least not yet).
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

derangedsheep wrote: So you know, the 2.0T uses some kind of electronic diverter valve and there isn't an upgrade available (at least not yet).
There is now. Forge just got done developing their DV recently. http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3346963

Thanks for the props. I can't wait for Tuesday to get here now!
derangedsheep

Post by derangedsheep »

Wow, I didn't even know that was out. Although we don't sell Forge at work so that's probably why.
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

Here's the pics. Just picked it up. Pics aren't anything special though, but enjoy.

THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

I looked at one (identical car but it had a real transmission in it hehe) last week at the local VW dealer.. I love the colour.. looks kick ass.. Everyone gets black...

Nice machine.. congrats

Specs?
Fuck you Shaun , one day those little boys will talk and when they do you will get yours.