The strong dollar idiot

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

Did you vote for the strong dollar idiot?

Yes
No votes
Yes, both times
50%
No, I'm for a strong dollar and civil / constitutional rights
50%

Total votes: 6

EBSB52

The strong dollar idiot

Post by EBSB52 »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080702/pl_ ... ollar_dc_1

Bush says "we're strong dollar people

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President George W. Bush reiterated on Wednesday that his administration believed in a strong dollar, and said the currency would reflect the relative strength of the economy.

"We're strong dollar people in this administration, and have always been for a strong dollar, and believe that the relative strengths of our economy will reflect that," Bush told reporters at a news conference ahead of his trip to Japan for a meeting of the Group of Eight rich nations.

Inflation is expected to be high on the G8 agenda. Some countries have blamed the weak dollar in part for pushing up prices for oil and other commodities.

When Bush took office:

- $1 US = $1.55 CANADIAN

Today.....

- $1 US = $1.02 CANADIAN

http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi

Maybe Bush is a bigger idiot than formerly thought, but it's better when our currency buys a higher amount of theirs, rather than the other way around. If an admin is a failure at something, they generally have the sense to avoid that issue, but considering Bush voters are as bright as Bush, maybe they are fooled by the fool in chief.
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

He's not idiot, this is all part of the plan
whipped

Post by whipped »

hahahaha plan.

good one

I'll believe that when my shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

The Canadian dollar has also gone up in value, we are an export country and with the price of oil the way it is we are having major surpluses. Alberta has been debt free for a few years now.
Last edited by crzyone on Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

whipped wrote:hahahaha plan.

good one

I'll believe that when my shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet.
No, really. The plan to destroy America.
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

Your shitty dollar has made my hobby so much cheaper.
Fuck you Shaun , one day those little boys will talk and when they do you will get yours.
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

crzyone wrote:The Canadian dollar has also gone up in value, we are an export country and with the price of oil the way it is we are having major surpluses. Alberta has been debt free for a few years now.

Yea, Canada is a great country, socialized, beautiful and clean. Glad to hear your dollar is appreciating, but my point is that the US $ is getting pounded by most other industrialized nations and the chimp is up there talking this strong dollar bullshit. You have to go to Mexico and the sort to find us kicking fiscal ass.

Bush is not the real boob, the real boobs are the ones who elected him. I mean, other than WMD's, what has he lied about? He really hasn't.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

the thing bush is good for is predictability - he's still only 1/3 of the power he can't do much without approval

but EB - if you hate america so much and love canada so much - why would you still live in america? go live the dream, set yourself free.
whipped

Post by whipped »

DiggityBiggity wrote: No, really. The plan to destroy America.
He couldn't plan his way into a wheaties box.
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

Kohburn wrote:the thing bush is good for is predictability - he's still only 1/3 of the power he can't do much without approval

but EB - if you hate america so much and love canada so much - why would you still live in america? go live the dream, set yourself free.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>the thing bush is good for is predictability

W/O a doubt; he promised to fuck things up and he has. His presidency really isn't his fault, it's the fault of those who voted him in. He said he would go into Iraq hook or crook; he did. He said he would do all he could do to fuck the American worker and help corp America; he did. Ergonomics Bill, Overtime Law, etc... Not to mention New Orleans and his quack mother, "New orleans citizens are lucky for this disaster..."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>he's still only 1/3 of the power he can't do much without approval

That's it, you win the Mensa award for the year :thumbleft: ...... I wonder which party owns the other 2 branches of gov? Hmmmmm, SCOTUS is 7:2 repub appointed, Congress has been Repub owned for most of his 8 years, he didn't veto anything for the first 5 1/2 years, totally unprecedented to my knowledge. So your point falls moot, the 3 branches are working together rather than acting as checks/balances as designed. Perhaps that's why this is one of the nations most fucked times in history.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>but EB - if you hate america so much and love canada so much - why would you still live in america? go live the dream, set yourself free.

Void point on 2 fronts:

1) This isn't about me, it's about the idiot who claims he is for a strong dollar, when it is obvious his agenda is more about oil, ideology, corporations, etc....

2) Even if/when I do live elsewhere, I will still post to irritate you :bootyshake: .

At least you have the courage to admit you voted for Bush, a hard admission to find these days.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

and who voted those people into congress? :scratch:

yeah i voted for him, I can't imagine what it would have been like if Gore had been in office for 9-11. sure you may not be happy with bush, but ya gotta admit he got handed a pretty shitty timespan to be president.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

I knew that Bush was the lesser of two evils when I voted for him in '04. I didn't think that Kerry would do a good job dealing with the war. Going into Iraq was a bad idea (Bush the Elder was right about that), but once we were in there, we couldn't just up and leave.
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

Kohburn wrote:and who voted those people into congress? :scratch:

yeah i voted for him, I can't imagine what it would have been like if Gore had been in office for 9-11. sure you may not be happy with bush, but ya gotta admit he got handed a pretty shitty timespan to be president.

>>>>>>>and who voted those people into congress?

I'm the first to admit the obvious that each Rep, Senator and pres does things positively and negatively, the opposite of what I see from the right-wing; we're all good and they're all bad.

I'm pro-gun and anti-affirmative action, other than that I'm mostly left. So is the war, no healthcare, massive debt, etc worth what little I get from the right in the way of guns? Hell no, esp since the 7-2 panel voted 7-2 to uphold Aff Action. So the net is that I get the party that wants gun rights a little more than the side that doesn't, a poor trade considering what we lose.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>yeah i voted for him, I can't imagine what it would have been like if Gore had been in office for 9-11.

Wait a minute. Discounting indep candidates, there are 3 ways to vote:

- Repub
- Dem
- Obstain

You voted for Bush, you wanted Bush; it's a cop-out to make the claim that you voted for Bush to avoid Gore or Kerry. As much as I give you credit for the Bush voting admission, I recant for the claim that you wanted to avoid the opposite. A vote for Bush means you want to fo into the ME and spendso far 3/4 trillion $, you want to revoke what few worker rights there are, you want a puppet who goes right along with COngress, not vetoing anything for 5 1/2 years, you wan wiretaps, etc....

I don't know what Gore would have done with 911 either, but that is a poor excuse for voting for Bush in Nov 2001, unless you knew of the attack. Look, you voted for Bush for several reasons:

- You're an ideolog
- You're an ideolog because your parents are
- You're not educated with the issues, current events, historical events, etc.
- You have a lot of money
- You're in the military as I was and they are a brainwashed group of folks
- You refuse to misunderestimate Bush

Either way, it's not intelligent to slam Gore for what he *might* have done with 911, it will remain a myster forever. See, that's the advantage of having your candidate sit on the sideline, they can't be blamed for what happened.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>sure you may not be happy with bush

Are you? I'm pissed at Clinton for voting in NAFTA, a GHW Bush's baby. I 'm pissed that he exonerated Symington after a criminal conviction. There are a couple other things too, what are you proud of with Bush? WHat has he done that pisses you off? I have a feeling you won't answer these. Bush has done everything wrong, IMO, other than to sign legislation that immunized gun manufacturers from crimes done by idiots. I honetsly can't think of anything else he's done to be happy with; can you suggest anything in specific?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>but ya gotta admit he got handed a pretty shitty timespan to be president.

Yep, Clinton received a great timespan and did most everything right. Contrarily Bush recieved a POS time and pretty much fucked it up as bad as one could. Katrina and 911 were disasters that were not his fault (911 was the fault of decades of apathy from American intelligence, love the idiots who blame Clinton for the 93 WTC bombing and 911), but he handled both extremely poorly.
Last edited by EBSB52 on Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:I knew that Bush was the lesser of two evils when I voted for him in '04. I didn't think that Kerry would do a good job dealing with the war. Going into Iraq was a bad idea (Bush the Elder was right about that), but once we were in there, we couldn't just up and leave.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>I knew that Bush was the lesser of two evils when I voted for him in '04.

Oh, he's done wonders with the economy both of his terms. The war isn't the only issue and in recent polls falls to 3rd and 4th. We can only guess what Kerry would have done with the entire picture, we know what a trainwreck Bush has done with everything. So how could things be more fucked, Will? What, $6 gas, more bankruptcies and foreclosures after they've hit all-time records? COme on Will, there's more than the war at hand here over the last 4 or 8 years and I just wonder how ANYONE else could have fucked it more? And I think Bush has handled the war poorly, just as McCain does. The question of, "are you better now than you were 4 years ago" just falls as a moot reminiscence of what a pot of shit the country has fallen to.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I didn't think that Kerry would do a good job dealing with the war.

We were already in, so it was a matter of maintaining, receding or increasing activity there. He probably would have chosen to pull back, with what we now know, would it be worse?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Going into Iraq was a bad idea (Bush the Elder was right about that), but once we were in there, we couldn't just up and leave.

Agreed, if GWH Bush wasn't riding the coattail of that Fascist Pig Reagan, he would have been a great president, but he spent all of his time fighting the recesion Reagan borrowed us into, then had to raise taxes to get us out, which was part of the Clinton bailout, and became thought of as a liar. GHW Bush did a great job with the Gulf War then, he was a real war hero, not like Reagan the USO bitch, Clinton the draft dodger, or GW Bush the cockehead war dodger coward.

But this concept of can't leave is also wrong, we entered with a mess, we can leave a mess. Executing SH was the dumbest thing we could have done, in his infinite corruption, he was able to hold together a country of 3 major combative sects, a task our puppets have as of yet been unable to do.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

EBSB52 wrote:Wait a minute. Discounting indep candidates, there are 3 ways to vote:

- Repub
- Dem
- Obstain
you really are locked into partisan mindset aren't you? i don't care what party someone is - it only affects me in the matter of primary ellections. i vote for people based on the issues AND how consistent they are along with any other insites as to the trustwortyness of them. gore, kerry, obama, hillary, all say one thing and do another. in most cases its as simple as looking at their voting record vs what they claim to support. they all claim to support whatever thy think will make them popular to whatever group they are speaking to at the time.
- You're an ideolog
- You're an ideolog because your parents are
- You're not educated with the issues, current events, historical events, etc.
- You have a lot of money
- You're in the military as I was and they are a brainwashed group of folks
- You refuse to misunderestimate Bush

well thats a pretty narrow and derogitory view point. I can only assure you that i don't have a lot of money, i'm not int he military, and i don't base anything on my parents, i make my own decisions based on what I see. But everyone interperates what the see differently. just ask the cop taking whitness acounts from a crime scene, they will all be a little different.

I honetsly can't think of anything else he's done to be happy with; can you suggest anything in specific?
interesting tangent, happy with?
-aggressive action against terrorist organizations
-sticking out Iraq, even if it was a mistake to go in to start with.
-Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act of 2003

Yep, Clinton received a great timespan and did most everything right. Contrarily Bush recieved a POS time and pretty much fucked it up as bad as one could. Katrina and 911 were disasters that were not his fault (911 was the fault of decades of apathy from American intelligence, love the idiots who blame Clinton for the 93 WTC bombing and 911), but he handled both extremely poorly.
How Clinton remains so popular has always perplexed me, the 93 WTC bombing wasn't his fault. his lack of action was his fault and may very well be what allowed 911 to happen.

Marc Rich Pardoned after Heavy Political Contributions

Clemency Offered to FALN Terrorists

No Pardon Jonathan Pollard

operation merlin - http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/ic/ ... 0534.shtml

Somalia, Haiti, Rwanda, Bosnia

the list goes on.

we have had no great presidents except the ones that only history remembers.