DOHC stuff (block, crank, newer cam gears, exh. manifold)

Sell your parts/cars here. Parts & Cars - not just for "partscars."

Moderator: crzyone

slow'n'steady

DOHC stuff (block, crank, newer cam gears, exh. manifold)

Post by slow'n'steady »

I have a set (four) of the newer style 3.4L DOHC cam gears that have the "cone" style lockers instead of the earlier style lock rings. I have the gears, bolts, washers, cones... everything you need...

$50 plus S/H

Also have an exhaust manifold form the older style DOHC (91-93 for sure... may be 94-95 too? IDK) It is the front one i believe it is a single outlet, the ones peole are always wanting to buy when they go turbo... so the can use the X-over pipe for turbo inlet...

$20 plus S/H

Also have an engine block and crank shaft from a '93 Z34 lumina.

$100 plus S/H (probably easier NOT to ship but i can if you want... shipping will be around $75 each or so)
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

The exhaust manifold is 91-95.
slow'n'steady

Post by slow'n'steady »

That is what i thought but i wasn't 100% sure when the head ports changed so... Thanks for the clarification
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Aaron wrote:The exhaust manifold is 91-95.
Were the stick and auto exhaust manis the same casting?

IE, did the auto manis have the bosses for the AIR tubes, but those bosses only got machined on the manual manifolds?
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

The Dark Side of Will wrote: IE, did the auto manis have the bosses for the AIR tubes, but those bosses only got machined on the manual manifolds?
Not all automatics were without the AIR system, some did have it (like CA versions).

But the manifolds were different, the bosses were not casted into the non-AIR car's manifolds. Also, the AIR system on the 96-97 cars was different, as it injected air into the exhaust manifolds after the 3 pipes merged, right before the flange to the X-over. So there was only 1 air tube per manifold, not 1 per cylinder.

Non-AIR:

AIR:

88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
slow'n'steady

Post by slow'n'steady »

Cam gears pending over on .NL

BUMP... exhaust manifold does NOT have the AIR ports for the record...
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Aaron wrote:
The Dark Side of Will wrote: IE, did the auto manis have the bosses for the AIR tubes, but those bosses only got machined on the manual manifolds?
Not all automatics were without the AIR system, some did have it (like CA versions).
The only auto DOHCs with AIR were either 96 or 97. I forget which.
The early ECMs could not run both the AIR system and a manual transmission due to the I/O port configuration, so obviously none of the 91-95 autos had AIR. There is nothing special about the CA cars.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

You mean the ECM's couldn't run the AIR and the auto transmission? IE, the output that operates the TCC is used for the AIR on the stick cars?
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Series8217 wrote: The only auto DOHCs with AIR were either 96 or 97. I forget which.
The early ECMs could not run both the AIR system and a manual transmission due to the I/O port configuration, so obviously none of the 91-95 autos had AIR. There is nothing special about the CA cars.
I just using the CA cars as an example. I could have sworn I've seen an auto or two with the air system, maybe not though.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Aaron wrote:
Series8217 wrote: The only auto DOHCs with AIR were either 96 or 97. I forget which.
I just using the CA cars as an example. I could have sworn I've seen an auto or two with the air system, maybe not though.
Some of the auto cars DID have exhaust manifolds with plugged AIR ports instead of just missing the bosses altogether. I have seen a few in the junkyard.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Series8217 wrote: Some of the auto cars DID have exhaust manifolds with plugged AIR ports instead of just missing the bosses altogether. I have seen a few in the junkyard.
tHAT'S PROBABLY WHAT i SAW THEN. iT WAS A WHILE AGO.

88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
slow'n'steady

Post by slow'n'steady »

BUMP!

cam gears sold...