need good name for knife store.

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

84fierotrevor

need good name for knife store.

Post by 84fierotrevor »

I need a name for a knife shop, in a mall. It took alot of work to get them to let me in, so I can't call it anything like OJ's, WMD, weapons of mass destruction. stabbys, basicly no use of anything that sounds like weapon
or even blade,

I can't use the name knives and more it has already been taken.

so I need a better name. It will be selling knives, good quality like benchmade, and cold steel, to complete crap, like those double turbo wicked satan looking knives.

it will also sell cutlery like carbon kitchen knife sets, samuri swords, good kind like cold steel and paul chin, and crappy kind like the 20 dollar 3 display ones.

also will sell self defense item's like stun guns, paper spray, nunchucks, kobitons, butterfly knives, pen knives, ect ect. some LED flashlights from smith and wesson. just stuff like that.

I need a name thats easy to remember, not long and complicated.

and explains pretty much that the store sells knives, and other stuff as well.

I have thought of knives and accessorys, or all about knives, but it just seems there has to be somthing better.

anyone have any ideas???
Boscolingus

Post by Boscolingus »

Contraband Emporium

Kutcha Guy

Trevor's Pig Stickers & Accessories

hahaha
A.K.A. Chicken McNizzle on Old Europe
VR6in

Post by VR6in »

How about PSYCHO :angry:
Starlite528

Post by Starlite528 »

"Gecko's" :D

Will you carry any blades (are there even any?) that use any form of Tungsten?

Where will this store be?
Despite millions of dollars in research, Death continues to be our nations number one killer.
Henry Gibson - Kentucky Fried Movie.

http://www.lordshadowstar.com
84fierotrevor

Post by 84fierotrevor »

Starlite528 wrote:"Gecko's" :D

lake charles louisiana.

as far as tungsten find a knife that uses that as a blade and I can probebly get it, I can get almost ny knife. unless it is custom made.

I havn't seen or don't remember carrying a knife with tungsten tho.
Starlite528

Post by Starlite528 »

84fierotrevor wrote:

lake charles louisiana.

as far as tungsten find a knife that uses that as a blade and I can probebly get it, I can get almost ny knife. unless it is custom made.

It seems like it would be a great idea to make them like that. While I read that Tungsten is extremely difficult to work with, it is extremely heavy and extremely hard. There's a company that makes wedding bands with it that are guaranteed to never ever be scratched.
Despite millions of dollars in research, Death continues to be our nations number one killer.

84fierotrevor

Post by 84fierotrevor »

Starlite528 wrote:
84fierotrevor wrote:

lake charles louisiana.

It seems like it would be a great idea to make them like that. While I read that Tungsten is extremely difficult to work with, it is extremely heavy and extremely hard. There's a company that makes wedding bands with it that are guaranteed to never ever be scratched.

if it's doable, and provides a supprior knife, and no one does it, you might be onto somthing there, You make em, and I will sell em for you. custom gecko knives.

you can make 5 diffrent types with 5 diffrent blades, each handle being a diffrent color and call them

the green gecko "non serrated regular point "
the blue gecko "serrated tanto point"
the black gecko "serrated, flash point, black teflon coated blade"

ect. ect.

then they can go on display with a small poster above them that says, its strong point. Like:
can stand tempature and fire up to 2000 degree's.

handle strong enough to stab into wall and do pull ups with someone up to 300 pounds without snapping.

teflon coated option "black gecko only" will not rust.

ect. ect.
Starlite528

Post by Starlite528 »

84fierotrevor wrote: if it's doable, and provides a supprior knife, and no one does it, you might be onto somthing there, You make em, and I will sell em for you. custom gecko knives.

you can make 5 diffrent types with 5 diffrent blades, each handle being a diffrent color and call them

ect. ect.
There's a problem though; I can't afford to start making knives, nor do I have any clue how. The full extent of my metalworking powers is MIG welding, done only once, and using a metal lathe, also done only once while in high school.

I can't even sharpen a knife very well, but I think I found a way that works best for me. A fine mill file.

Fastback86

Post by Fastback86 »

"You Gonna Die Bitch!"

:thumbleft:

I want royalties.
<Insert Sig Here>
Unsafe At Any Speed

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

Lame, but... "A Cut Above"
84fierotrevor

Post by 84fierotrevor »

Starlite528 wrote:
84fierotrevor wrote: if it's doable, and provides a supprior knife, and no one does it, you might be onto somthing there, You make em, and I will sell em for you. custom gecko knives.

ect. ect.
There's a problem though; I can't afford to start making knives.

same here, no clue how to make knives, otherwise I woulda jumped on your idea!
84fierotrevor

Post by 84fierotrevor »

but anyone that makes quality custom knives, and want's to distribute them, we may be able to work somthing out.
84fierotrevor

Post by 84fierotrevor »

Unsafe At Any Speed wrote:Lame, but... "A Cut Above"

that is acctualy my top choice right now, someone on Old Europe mentioned it.
Blue Shift

Post by Blue Shift »

Unfortunately, "We Be Knives" is taken - pier 39, San Francisco. Complete with sign that says "We Be Closed" after hours... How bout something basic like "Cutting Edge" or something? Sounds like it'd fit in at the mall great.

Tungsten would make a very very very hard, brittle blade. You could probably make an incredibly sharp edge, but one ding against something the wrong way and it'll be ruined. A good alternative is the Boker ceramic blade knives - their folders have a titanium handle, and a ceramic composite blade - ultra sharp for a loong time, but it'll chip if you abuse it too. But it is available. Their kitchen knives are cool too, also ceramic.

Now what's cool is that somebody made a ceramic blade knife, with a composite handle - no metal whatsoever. Unless you were law enforcement, you had to order the one with a steel strip cast into the handle... See if you can find those?
whipped

Post by whipped »

Blue Shift wrote:Now what's cool is that somebody made a ceramic blade knife, with a composite handle - no metal whatsoever.
To the airport! :salute:
84fierotrevor

Post by 84fierotrevor »

Blue Shift wrote:Unfortunately, "We Be Knives" is taken - pier 39, San Francisco. Complete with sign that says "We Be Closed" after hours... How bout something basic like "Cutting Edge" or something? Sounds like it'd fit in at the mall great.

Tungsten would make a very very very hard, brittle blade. You could probably make an incredibly sharp edge, but one ding against something the wrong way and it'll be ruined. A good alternative is the Boker ceramic blade knives - their folders have a titanium handle, and a ceramic composite blade - ultra sharp for a loong time, but it'll chip if you abuse it too. But it is available. Their kitchen knives are cool too, also ceramic.

Now what's cool is that somebody made a ceramic blade knife, with a composite handle - no metal whatsoever. Unless you were law enforcement, you had to order the one with a steel strip cast into the handle... See if you can find those?

if the no steel knife is made by boker I can get it, I order from boker, but it must be somthing new, as I hav't seen it in older cataologs, I have not had a knife store for the last 3 years, so sorta been out of the knife game.

we had man law enforcment only knives, such as automatics.
84fierotrevor

Post by 84fierotrevor »

we had knifes in one of are blue ridge catologs that was made of plastic, some sort of hard abs plastic maybe? but was garentted to cut like a regular stainless steel blade.
S8n

Post by S8n »

The Sharper Edge
-Chuck
chukjagr@hotmail.com
'87 GT *Now can be seen at V8Archie's!* www.fotki.com/8balls
Starlite528

Post by Starlite528 »

S8n wrote:The Sharper Edge
No, "Sharpest Image" !!:D

Weponhead

Post by Weponhead »

lawsuit what? .....

cutting edge popped into my head too