Try this at home kids!!!!1

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

befarrer

Try this at home kids!!!!1

Post by befarrer »

Can someone else try this, if you have an 86, or the same fuse panel as an 86 (85-88 I think), works best at night or when getting dark:

Remove the 20A ctsy/lid fuse, it is in the lower right of the fuse panel, close the doors, and open the trunk. What does the trunk light, footwell lights (door open and closed), and map lights (with button on and off) do?

I blew my ctsy/lid fuse today when taking out my trunk carpet (must have touched the live contact on the trunk light to ground), and when I was putting the trunk carpet back in a few hours later, when it was getting dark, I noticed the trunk light was on, but very dimly. I also noticed my footwell lights were also on, but dimly. I thought I left the interior lights on, checked the dimmer switch, and they were not on, but the footwell lights went out when I opened the door, the roof lights came on normally, I got in, closed the door, and the roof lights went out, but the floor lights came on dimly again, tried the reading lights above, and they also came on dimly when I pushed the button, but the opposite side dimly lit up? I put a 25A fuse in the ctsy/lid socket, and the floor lights worked normally? I unplugged the fuse with the door switch by the hinges pushed in (like when the door is closed), and the lights came on dimly, plugged it in and they went out. Also, my trunk light works normal with the fuse installed, and again on dimly with it removed??

Wierd, do all Fieros do this? Give it a try and see what it does?