Did a little bit of touch-up in the engine bay (56k beware)

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Did a little bit of touch-up in the engine bay (56k beware)

Post by Series8217 »

I know most of you aren't going to Westfest, and my car will be ignored for pics there due to the crappy exterior, so, behold my most recent project:

I fixed a few scratches, tidied things up a bit.. nothing much. Sprayed some paint. You know. Just some little things here and there...

This pic is the most color-accurate:
The intake is cherry red and the cam carrier covers are a slightly darker maroon/cherry red.

I'm probably going to pull an all-nighter finishing this thing up for tomorrow. I still have to install the exhaust, fill the cooling system, and make a new (prettier) dogbone.. among other small things. I hope this new clutch works!

-Steven
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

damn dude those are good pics. Good lighting and shit. Makes mine look like shit. Meaning engine bay and the pics. Keepup the good work.
whipped

Post by whipped »

damn you! warn me if you're going to post pics like that. dammit, that's the 2nd pair this week.........
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

I gotta be honest, I think I liked the orange better, but that looks really good. Take a lot of pics of the dogbone, I want to see how you do it.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
Fast88Fiero

Post by Fast88Fiero »

Beautiful as always! :thumbleft:
88 coupe: 2.0 turbo 4. T25, w2a, meth injection
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

As usual, Aaron is an idiot. The orange look was nice for the silver car, but it would look like ass in a maroon car.

It looks even better in person. :thumbleft:
My Fiero is now a Finale. The end.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

And you think your wife looks good.... :scratch:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
Boscolingus

Post by Boscolingus »

I'm all for the profanity on this forum and all, but why do we always have to go straight to the jugular and punch each other in the nuts, just gets old after a while
A.K.A. Chicken McNizzle on Old Europe
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Aaron wrote:And you think your wife looks good.... :scratch:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
This will be your last post in my thread. Goodbye.
Falcon4

Post by Falcon4 »

Boscolingus wrote:I'm all for the profanity on this forum and all, but why do we always have to go straight to the jugular and punch each other in the nuts, just gets old after a while
Seriously. Agreed completely. Stimpy, STFU. :knob:
'87 Fiero GT, Automatic, 153... 156... 157... 158... 161k... 163k... 165k... 168k... SHIT I LOST COUNT
Jinxmutt

Post by Jinxmutt »

certainly supply pics of the dogbone. That idler looks about an inch of clearance to the strut tower, kinda close.
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

Aaron wrote:And you think your wife looks good.... :scratch:
I love her anyway.
My Fiero is now a Finale. The end.
Chase Race

Post by Chase Race »

Looks nice. You're a good photographer, too.
Doug Chase
Chase Race
Custom: cages, exhausts, fabrication
Duvall, WA
425-269-5636
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Thanks for the compliments guys.

I finished the breather lines today and put a little breather filter in the area where the power steering pump used to be. I also finished painting the decklid vents, and repainted the thermostat housing after welding it up to fix a suspected leak.
Jinxmutt wrote:certainly supply pics of the dogbone. That idler looks about an inch of clearance to the strut tower, kinda close.
I'll take some more pics when I get a new dogbone built. I'm currently using my old one and its pretty ugly. I didn't have time to make the new one before Westfest (and I didn't even sleep!).
An inch of clearance is more than enough; the dogbone has polyurethane bushings.. The motor doesn't move more than 1/4". More would be bad for driveability and the idler pulley...
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

Series8217 wrote:Thanks for the compliments guys.
Jinxmutt wrote:certainly supply pics of the dogbone. That idler looks about an inch of clearance to the strut tower, kinda close.
I'll take some more pics when I get a new dogbone built. I'm currently using my old one and its pretty ugly. I didn't have time to make the new one before Westfest (and I didn't even sleep!).
An inch of clearance is more than enough; the dogbone has polyurethane bushings.. The motor doesn't move more than 1/4". More would be bad for driveability and the idler pulley...
I think Jinx mentions it because of the carving I've been doing on my strut tower.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

What are you running for a dogbone?
Emc209i

Post by Emc209i »

Nothing on the right side. Remember, I told you about that. The left side is braced.. and get this: Not only is the trunk pulling away from the frame, but I just noticed a FRACTURE in the dogbone.... heh :uhoh:

I am going to take care of this one day. You're going the Michael Smith path(dogbone)? I am.
Indy

Post by Indy »

Boscolingus wrote:I'm all for the profanity on this forum and all, but why do we always have to go straight to the jugular and punch each other in the nuts, just gets old after a while
Yeah...uhhh, would you please grow a pair so I don't have to punch you in the ovaries?

P.S.
Engine looks sweet! What paint did you use?
Indy DOHC Turbo SD4.....someday.
Oh, and f*ck the envelope. (RFT Insurgent)
whipped

Post by whipped »

looks pearlescent
Boscolingus

Post by Boscolingus »

Indy wrote:
Yeah...uhhh, would you please grow a pair so I don't have to punch you in the ovaries?

P.S.
Engine looks sweet! What paint did you use?
HAHAHA
A.K.A. Chicken McNizzle on Old Europe