Dyno Tuesday, Predictions?

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Jon had a set of 288 cams. I think you have to change the springs too but don't quote me. He had the springs and cam combo but never installed them. he sold them to someone else, who I think is looking to sell them now.

Aaron is his name, but not sure if he is a member here and if so what his handle is but he has a n star fiero too.

if you could get 330 whp n/a that would be pretty darn good.
befarrer

Post by befarrer »

crzyone wrote:$500 for a set of cams and an afternoon I could have another 75+hp. It almost makes me want to keep my fiero to play around with it some more.

Nobody in the fiero world has swapped cams on a N* yet that I'm aware of? I'd like to see a before and after dyno. I might just have to do it just to put down some big numbers. 350+whp from a naturally aspirated 279ci V-8 would be pretty cool.
DO IT, or you will regret it!!! :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft:
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

It would be nice to put the cams in and you might be thinking of doing so, but dude, you put a lot of time and work into that car, I say you drive it and enjoy it for at least one summer before even thinking of tearing it apart again.

It should be a fun car, and being in the frozen tundra you probably only have a good 2-3 months left to have fun with it before it snows.

I say enjoy it. 280 whp will make it fun.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

I didn't see that you had solved your issues and got a proper dyno run in until just now...

That said, looking good! :thumbleft: Definatly just in time for summer.
whipped

Post by whipped »

Shaun41178(2) wrote: Chris moore used the 4t80, and the factory gm computer when he put in his nstar. I am pretty sure he used the factory airbox. Only difference would be the shorter exhaust. He didn't do any computer tweaking as far as performance goes.
So you don't think he could have picked up 20hp from the exhaust?
Atilla the Fun wrote:oh bull. Even a full-built, high line pressure 700R4 with a 3000+ stall converter only eats 22% between the engine and the tires, with a Ford 9" axle running non-synthetic lube. . I'm not believing 30, even for a FWD transaxle.
heh... the 4t80e has 3... count them... three pumps. I'm pretty sure that's where most of the power goes. The 65e is 21% losses, the 80e has been measured everywhere between 24 and 29%. It sucks as far as transmissions go.
crzyone wrote:Nobody in the fiero world has swapped cams on a N* yet that I'm aware of?
heh... Going to need more than that to be unique these days... :la:
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:Jon had a set of 288 cams. I think you have to change the springs too but don't quote me. He had the springs and cam combo but never installed them. he sold them to someone else, who I think is looking to sell them now.

Aaron is his name, but not sure if he is a member here and if so what his handle is but he has a n star fiero too.

if you could get 330 whp n/a that would be pretty darn good.
The 2000+ N*s have roller cams. Can't use the earlier cams in this motor. CHRFAB does do custom grinds for the 2000+ motors though.

whipped wrote:
heh... Going to need more than that to be unique these days... :la:
I never built my fiero to be unique. I did it for fun. I swapped in the motor I thought had the best balance of power, weight and suited my driving style the best. A small displacement high reving V-8 that can make decent power and not have transmission grenading torque.

A set of Cams and ITBs would improve the upper end breathing ability without creating a bunch of extra torque like a turbo or supercharger would. If I were to build the motor I think I would stick with N/A.
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:Jon, what the hell are you talking about?

Ok so he is using a factory ecm, and no cats. What else did he do? Either way the car dynoed 240 whp. Thats 20%. Thats all I am saying. Drivetrain loss on that is about 20%

Take your 4 year old blown headgasket nstar swap, that hasn't rolled under its own power since I was in diapers and blow my wang.
I love you too shauny
Fuck you Shaun , one day those little boys will talk and when they do you will get yours.
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

I got the cams From Chris Moore..Paid like $700ish for them

Sold them to aaron88 in ottawa , not sure if aaron moved on , but he is one of the best fabricators I have ever met...he always had dreams of something bigger though (car wise)
Fuck you Shaun , one day those little boys will talk and when they do you will get yours.
Atilla the Fun

Post by Atilla the Fun »

I changed my mind IF it has 3 pumps. Why the hell? 1 pump works fine in ALL the HD pickup automatics.