Ammunition, where to find for cheap?

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Ammunition, where to find for cheap?

Post by Aaron »

I'm looking for ammo, cheap and in semi-large quantities (500-1000). I need .40 S&W, and maybe some 9mm depending on prices. So where do you guys get ammo from?
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Re: Ammunition, where to find for cheap?

Post by AkursedX »

Good luck finding any at all, let alone cheap. Everyone is stock-piling due to the fear of the Obama administration putting more restrictions on firearms.

My best friend runs a law enforcement supply store and I get all my ammo through him, but even his prices have got so high that I pretty have stopped buying more and have also stopped recreational shooting.

EDIT: I would suggest looking around http://www.gunbroker.com It's like ebay for firearms.
'88 Fiero GT- 3800 Turbo Best E.T. 11.36 Best MPH 121.50 (Sold and gone)
2021 Hyundai Veloster-N (SCCA Solo D-Street)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (SCCA Solo STX)
WNY SCCA-Region Auto-X Program Chair
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

Stay clear of texas cause that shit and 45 rounds are like platinum around here, a customer of mine told me the other day that he went to a gun show in Oklohoma city and there was a guy selling ammo by the boxes and pallets and everything in between, pretty cheap from what I understand. The guy had a semi truck full of ammo and sold it all in 3 days. Anyway I recommend you try some local gun shows.
I wasn't banned, I'd just rather be here.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Get yourself a Dillon 650 and you can load 600-800 rounds an hour by yourself.

http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/Dillon ... s-8-1.html

When I used my in laws 650 I was able to do about 600 per hour, people that do it all the time can go higher. You can sell ammo on the side for friends, pay it off in no time. Just collect your spent brass, clean them up and reuse them. All you are buying is primers, powder and lead. If you plan on doing a lot of plinking, this is the only way to go.
Blue Shift

Post by Blue Shift »

If A-Rod is planning on using it on an LE practice range, they may require factory loaded ammo for safety, etc.

Buying 9mm and .40 Short and weak cheap nowdays? Good luck, Obamania has fucked up ammo prices bad. 7.62x39, the epitome of cheap ammo used to be 100 per 1000, now its like 400 bucks.
CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

I've always bought eastern block surplus 7.62x39 (Had good luck with Romanian) at Bill Goodmans, not sure if they have it in other states though. Its just the traveling gun show that is in the nasty convention centers that are in the shady ends of town.