wanna build a fiero for the show "pinks" ?

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

84fierotrevor

wanna build a fiero for the show "pinks" ?

Post by 84fierotrevor »

anyone want to put a fiero on pinks?

I am thinking of getting somthing like this going.
i have a red 86 gt im willing to use as the doner for buildings a car to compete on pinks, or a 85 se. one is a 4 speed, one is a 5.
i know getting the car is the easy part. building it is the hard.

anyone interested in getting in on this?

if we have someone willing to throw in a car,
someone willing to throw in a engine,
someone willing to throw in other parts
someone willing to throw in there help on building it.
it won't be against anyone on .nl
but im searching around for someone to challange.
a friend might get some people from his forum together. its a honda forum.
to race a ep3 built hatch. the "2002-2005" style.
if we win anyone involved can split the money from selling the car we win and the car that was built. :)

anyone interested?
84fierotrevor

Post by 84fierotrevor »

the casting director for the show pinks is gonna give me a call back about sponsership stickers being displayed on the car, so if anyone that builds motors or does swaps for fieros, they can display there name/web address, and have it displayed on tv for people to see.
Weponhead

Post by Weponhead »

what kinda numbers would it be up against in the honda?
mysticfire6602

Post by mysticfire6602 »

we are talking about this in dsmtuners too. came up with a decent idea i think. people throw in money to contribute to the build. we win. the person who supplied the original car will get fair market value for the car once it is sold on ebay. all other procedes made will be given to the members who contributed, but instead of only getting back what they gave in, they will get an even share of what the losing car sold for.

hmmmm, awd dsm vs. fiero. maybe a possibility?
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Lets just throw a 150 shot on Whipped's car and run it. :thumbleft:
whipped

Post by whipped »

Screw that.....

300 shot 2 stage FTW!!

10's here I come!
84fierotrevor

Post by 84fierotrevor »

ok, so just like Old Europe no one has any real intrest?
i can't belive the honda guys take this more serious then here.

so here is what a fiero would be up against.

Fuck it.. There goes the car. I can have exedy give me a clutch. I can definatly get rc and walbro to kick in the fuel kickers.

I already have a S200B on the car... Tial and greddy will give me the wastegate and blow off valve.

I would guess if we can get about $1500-2000 in donations from ephatch Id definatly put my car up. Id want to get the following.

rods
pistons
cams
valve springs
retainers
head studs
head gasket
block gaurd
nitrous kit
bigger intercooler
slicks

If ephatch is down, there you go. I will race my car for the site.

Ricky.

there you go, we have one contender so far,
will anyone step up? or will the forum get together and build a fiero to race on pinks?
If Not I will be matching them up with another forum, rx7 or dsm most likley.
i will donate a fiero, and ill donate some money, is anyone else in? or does everyone wanna skip this?
with all the trash talking around here, I thought for shure some of you would step up and grab at this chance.
84fierotrevor

Post by 84fierotrevor »

more people from ep hatch stepping up.

I have an a3 block and tranny I will give if we can get somebody to donate an a2 head, crank, rods, and pistons we could be in business. I dont realy watch the show but I am always down to build a dope ass car (in any form or venue) and will help as much as I can.

i'd pitch in......even if its only 20 bucks...dayem thats racing fuel mang!

what about $1 for every ephatch member, i know any1 can do that its only a buck.

no one here wants to get together and build a fiero?
whipped

Post by whipped »

What do I gain?
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Come up with a good plan.

I'd go with a 3400 swap, strip the bitch of EVERYTHING not necessary to make it street legal, and spray a 250 shot.
84fierotrevor

Post by 84fierotrevor »

whipped wrote:What do I gain?
the same thing the honda forum gains.

Im moving on to the next forum, no one here has intrest
whipped

Post by whipped »

84fierotrevor wrote:
two broken cars?
84fierotrevor

Post by 84fierotrevor »

84fierotrevor wrote:

Im moving on to the next forum, no one here has intrest

IM not doing it, it was a offer for the forum to pull together and build somthing, I wouldn't be driving it, I wouldn't be building it, I was just offering my part of the help by offering a fiero. and some money.
84fierotrevor

Post by 84fierotrevor »

whipped wrote:
84fierotrevor wrote:
two broken cars?
no, since u apperently have no intrest, why are u here asking stupid questions? go find another thread to piss in.
mysticfire6602

Post by mysticfire6602 »

no one has interest? i said in my first post dsmtuners is also interested in building a pinks car. but if you not up to racing a real car... :la:

did you ever get those family guy dvd's?
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

I think we covered this once before. There is actually a thread on it. Its not feasible for the most part. Fiero owners aren't going to throw money at a project that might not ever produce results.

I'd be willing to do it I think. I have nothing better to do. I dont' expect people to throw money my way though to make it happen either.

I think the best bet woudl be to find a car that is already done, and talk the guy into getting in the show. By talking I mean throw a few bucks his way in case he loses his car or if something breaks.

But to build something from several forum members won't work. You goign to ship the car around the country to different people to do different things to it? who is going to pay for all of that? Fiero owners won't. They are too cheap. Which is why I was saying the best bet is to find someone with the balls who already has a car done to enter it. Then throw a few dollars. I mean hell. Fagland has 12,000 members. And all of htem post of course right? Shouldnt' be too hard to collect from a mere half of those people even at only $1 a peice.
84fierotrevor

Post by 84fierotrevor »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:I think we covered this once before. There is actually a thread on it. Its not feasible for the most part. Fiero owners aren't going to throw money at a project that might not ever produce results.

I'd be willing to do it I think. I have nothing better to do. I dont' expect people to throw money my way though to make it happen either.

I think the best bet woudl be to find a car that is already done, and talk the guy into getting in the show. By talking I mean throw a few bucks his way in case he loses his car or if something breaks.

But to build something from several forum members won't work. You goign to ship the car around the country to different people to do different things to it? who is going to pay for all of that? Fiero owners won't. They are too cheap. Which is why I was saying the best bet is to find someone with the balls who already has a car done to enter it. Then throw a few dollars. I mean hell. Fagland has 12,000 members. And all of htem post of course right? Shouldnt' be too hard to collect from a mere half of those people even at only $1 a peice.
i see your point. yet a honda forum has been able to do it.
they have everyone pitching in to. someone is willing to donate there car to it.
other people have thrown out they are willing to donate cams, turbo's injectors
a honda forum did it, but wow, fiero owners really are cheap.
shuan. i think u would be a good negotator.
i don't know who would race it.
it doesnt have to be my car. you would think we could find enough people in one state to get together and start somthing. everyone that cant be there in person could donate whatever they felt they wanted or could
a hoda forum and dsm and rx-7 forum can pull this off, but of course not a fiero forum. and yet fiero owners bitch about how people call them and there cars cheap. wonder why???
im willing to give up a fiero for it, and tow the fiero up to 400 miles. im also willing to throw in some cash.

im not gonna pay someone to go race there car on pinks tho.
this is a offer thrown out to the forum for people to take or leave. its a apperent choice the honda forum has taklen. and apperent that the fiero forums have said no thanks. I will move on. and find the honda forums another challenger. its not that it isnt feeseble. it very well is. a honda forum just demenstrated it.

mysticfire, yes my mom got the dvds at her house she said, Thanks.

what dsm forum are you talking about?? IM me, maybe we can match them up with the honda forum. have they talked to nate yet? the castin director from pinks?

I have given the fiero one last shoot and am gonna try and PM fierox about it.

there is currently no set state or drag strip for this yet. so everything is currently negotiable.
whipped

Post by whipped »

84fierotrevor wrote: i see your point. yet a honda forum has been able to do it.
they have everyone pitching in to. someone is willing to donate there car to it.
How many members?

I'm sure at 100,000 members, having 5% donate $5 and a car would get the job done. 5% here would be like... 5 people...

I have no problem donating money/time/whatever to a worthwhile project... Pinks is about grudge matches....

Okay, okay... $100 to a fiero project against a skyline project... :la: :thumbleft:
mysticfire6602

Post by mysticfire6602 »

the forum im talking about is dsmtuners.com, but you can only be a member to view the area where it is being discussed. i wil look into it more deeply on the site when i get back to my house tomorrow around noon. then i will IM you
84fierotrevor

Post by 84fierotrevor »

whipped wrote:
84fierotrevor wrote: i see your point. yet a honda forum has been able to do it.
How many members?

I'm sure at 100,000 members, having 5% donate $5 and a car would get the job done. 5% here would be like... 5 people...

I have no problem donating money/time/whatever to a worthwhile project... Pinks is about grudge matches....

Okay, okay... $100 to a fiero project against a skyline
project... :la: :thumbleft:

the ephatch forum?

ep hatch forum Registered Members: 14,160
whats Old Europe 13,364

so if Old Europe donated 2 dollars instead of 1 they would have almost double the honda forum? this is of course assuming not all the registerd members there post. and nor do all the registerd members of the honda forum. its not to far off.