Maybe Shaun can help you.

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Maybe Shaun can help you.

Post by Aaron »

[Edited. You're welcome here as long as you stay civil and contribute]
teamhavok2 wrote:You said you can get the ses codes with a peper clip on someone elses posting. How do you do that? I'm new to the whole back yard mechanics. Where would this be located to do this, and what's the step by step? I think that i have a code keeping it from running, but i don't know where to look to do that whole make it flash on the dash trick you were talking about.
But, I may as well help. I'm not positive this will work on the Fiero, however I don't see why not (It did for my DOHC ECU). Take the plate that covers your cig lighter and ALDL port off. You will use the paper clip to connect the ground terminal with the diagnostic terminal, the pinout I have is showing these as Pin A for ground, B for diagnostic. This is the pinout from Ryan at GMTuners. So connect A to B, and your SES lamp will start flashing. It will flash once, then twice, then once, then twice, then once, then twice. This is a code 12, repeated 3 times. Then in the same format it will flash your recent SES codes. So for example, 35, it will flash 3 times, then 5, then 3 then 5, then 3 then 5 once more. At the end of the test it will flash the 12 code 3 times.

88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.