A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

LEDs + Batteries = BOMBS?!?!

Post by Series8217 »

Start by reading this article.
http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO41776/
Get an image in your head of these "devices".

Now (after you have read the above, follow this link and see for yourself.
http://www.570news.com/news/internation ... t=w020106A
DOES THAT LOOK LIKE A BOMB?!

The fucking bomb squad actually blew one of these up . Now two men have been arrested so far on felony charges for placing these things. What the fuck?
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Wow. I'm no bomb wizard, but it would take me about 10 seconds to confirm that's not a bomb, no matter what it looked like.
Falcon4

Post by Falcon4 »

I hate that show - but that's pretty damn stupid.

The cops were, too. :bootyshake:
'87 Fiero GT, Automatic, 153... 156... 157... 158... 161k... 163k... 165k... 168k... SHIT I LOST COUNT
Xanth

Post by Xanth »

"I hope they can see this because I'm doing it as hard as I can," Ignignot

I love that show :thumbleft:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... dID=512856

I'm curious though where they thought the bomb was hidden, being a flat plate and all :scratch:
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

Hey, if you can take down an airliner with your OdorEater(why else do we all have to take off our shoes to get on a plane?), then there's surely rooom enough to put a flat layer of shoe-bomb on thos to take down the Bean Memorial or whatever target there might be in Boston.
My Fiero is now a Finale. The end.
cliff

Post by cliff »

the answer here is that the city over reacted. these things were in other cities too and no one made a stink. but someone over reacted and now they're trying to pin the blame on someone. boston mayor Mumbles Menino (that's pronounced me-neen-yo, like ElNino in case you didn't know) is just a babbling moron. boston made a mistake and they can't face up to the egg on their face.

btw: "Bean Memorial", that's some funny shit stimpy.
bryson

Post by bryson »

I will never buy my children a Lite-Brite, for fear that a bomb squad may rush my house and tear apart a crude rendition of a sail-boat. It JUST MIGHT be a bomb. Pretty suspicious if you ask me.
'87 BMW M6 / '88 BMW M5 / '90 Audi Coupe Quattro / '88 Fiero GT 2.3L Quad4 - 400whp; pump gas
whipped

Post by whipped »

You can't buy publicity like this....

wait, I guess you can, with about $100 worth of electronics parts spread throughout cities across the nation.......
Dustay

Post by Dustay »

the whole thing was stupid. Out of all the people going on the bridge, why didn't the people say "that was just a cartoon" and why did someone call in and not everyone else on the bridge? It's almost upsetting that the mayor is trying to pin the two guys that were hired to promote Aqua Teen Hunger Force, on a hoax that wasn't a hoax. It's just stupid that people have become so scared of terrorists that it's ruining their society. what is a terrorists goal? To put terror in people's minds. Apparently that's what they did and now we run from something so simple as a vcr sitting on the ground... if vcrs are still around that is... haha!! I remember someone thought there was a bomb in this little town that I live in, and it turned out to be an ice fishing tool.
:blah5:
whipped

Post by whipped »

They were distributed to major cities around the nation.......

....only boston blew them up.
derangedsheep

Post by derangedsheep »

Where can I get a schematic so I can solder up my own?
Wonderfalls

Post by Wonderfalls »

Xanth wrote:"I hope they can see this because I'm doing it as hard as I can," Ignignot

I love that show :thumbleft:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... dID=512856

I'm curious though where they thought the bomb was hidden, being a flat plate and all :scratch:
Agreed. Great show!
Ironova

Post by Ironova »

I want one of these things and sell it on ebay. One is selling for $1200 right now. Others are selling at $500 to $700!
Ironova

Post by Ironova »

Xanth wrote:"
I think they thought it was the battery pack that was wired to it. It was just black tape holding the batterys in.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force Unite!
Dirty Sanchez

Post by Dirty Sanchez »

Those signs were up in 10 different cities for 2 to 3 weeks and only the dummies in Boston shit their pants when someone noticed. Zero tolerance definitely equals zero intelligence and this proves it. On a different note, I was reading that if you have any medical procedure that requires radioactive materials, you better have a Doctor's note with you, to explain you had this done, if you plan to travel for the next three months or so. It's seems the new radiation detectors used at the airports will show you as being "hot" and a strip search will ensue if you don't have the Doctor's note to explain this. It's no wonder tourism to the US is down 17%. We treat all tourist as if they are terrorist now. :thumbleft:
I treat others as they treat me
Blue Shift

Post by Blue Shift »

Well... at least I've gained a couple allies, if nothing more... I really gotta call these guys up.

My experiences tell me that it's not about having common sense, or the fact that my buddies 3 year old daughter could tell that it's a glorified light-bright. It's about that chance to mobilize the bomb squad at a cost of thousands to taxpayers, so that they're not sitting on their asses twiddling their thumbs. They need in the field training, too. Plus it gets people on tv. Important people who want to be reelected. And it's about the people calling the bomb squad out - now they can claim that they "took no chances" and were dutifully protecting the people from a potential threat... you know, just in case a light bright decides to hurt somebody, we better plant a REAL high explosive charge on it, and blow it up and hope none of the EOD n00bs get injured in the process.

It's just taking advantage of the situation, just like any good politician does.
Xanth

Post by Xanth »

I really think its great boston can't afford to increase their police force to deal with increasing gun violence, or get a crew to clean all the trash of the streets, or repair damaged roads.

But they thrown nearly a million dollars at a blinking sign, to "protect" a city and its people they don't seem to give a damn about.