The time may have come....

Sell your parts/cars here. Parts & Cars - not just for "partscars."

Moderator: crzyone

S8n

The time may have come....

Post by S8n »

I've been sick for eight months now, barely able to work, much less work on my Fiero. So here's the whole thing up for grabs if the price is right. Here's a brief overview, I can give more details on certain things if requested:

'87 Fiero GT, black over grey with tan interior.
5 speed Getrag w/ spare, ready to be cryo treated, have rebuild kit
rear subframe has been modified for LS1, and painter POR 15 black, poly subframe mounts, solid engine mounts.
Engine is a 347 cid LS6, stock crank, forged h-beam rods and forged pistons,
ported heads done by Lingenfelter, rebuilt by me, 2.02, 1.60 valves, duel valve springs, titanium retainers and keepers, cam is a Texas Speed and Performance MS3 237/242 .603", .609" on a 111 or 112 LSA (I gotta find the card to verify LSA) Engine can easily make 425-450 hp with the right exhaust and tuning. Block and heads are aluminum, ARP head studs, ported oil pump, underdrive crank pulley, I'm missing one or two sensors, engine harness has been modified by Speartech as a stand alone, no emissions provisions, ECM has a mail order tune from texas speed to get you to a dyno. I have a set of pacesetter headers, one side will work as is, one side will not, CSI remote water pump, no fittings or lines though, fuel pump has already been replaced with Walbro 255 lph pump, all AN fittings and line has been bought except for one fitting, two fuel rails included, one new, one used, red top ford fuel injectors (40#, I think, i'll have to look). Engine is basically done except two holes need taped and plugged and oil galley plug needs to be installed (I didn't have it in time for mock-up).

Car itself is in excellent condition, paint is only a few years old, small scuff on driver's door. No structural rust, just a very small amount of surface rust. I have a full set of Autometer gauges, as well as custom dash panel and center gauge panel. brakes and suspension are stock. A/C has been removed, it didn't really work to begin with. Questions? Asking $11,000, negotiable. I really don't want to get rid of it, but I don't know when I'll be healthy enough to work on it again.
-Chuck
chukjagr@hotmail.com
'87 GT *Now can be seen at V8Archie's!* www.fotki.com/8balls
84fierotrevor

Post by 84fierotrevor »

why are you so sick? are you ok?
S8n

Post by S8n »

I have an auto-immune problem in my intestine that flared eight months ago. I've been on immune-suppressors and steroids for most of the eight months, and started a chemo drug end of november. I only weighed 155 before hand, and I've lost 15 lbs in the past few months. It's a challenge to make it through the work day, I usually crap out a couple of hours before the day is over. Sleep is my friend these days.
-Chuck
chukjagr@hotmail.com
84fierotrevor

Post by 84fierotrevor »

S8n wrote:I have an auto-immune problem in my intestine that flared eight months ago. I've been on immune-suppressors and steroids for most of the eight months, and started a chemo drug end of november. I only weighed 155 before hand, and I've lost 15 lbs in the past few months. It's a challenge to make it through the work day, I usually crap out a couple of hours before the day is over. Sleep is my friend these days.
man I am sorry, that really sucks. how long tell you get better? its not a perminte thing is it??

to bad u can't just drink like 5 redbulls and be back to normal!

hope you get better soon dude :thumbleft:
whipped

Post by whipped »

Damn man, sorry to hear that. Is it Crohn's?

Hope you get better, because I'd rather you didn't sell your fiero.

:confused:
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

Hope you get to feeling better.
My Fiero is now a Finale. The end.
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

Sorry to hear that man. I hope they're able to fix you sooner then later.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Good luck on your sale and I hope you feel better.

GEt well card everyone?
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

send a get well card to satan? hmmm :angel:
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

well he's not getting a card from me! :angel:
'88 Fiero GT- 3800 Turbo Best E.T. 11.36 Best MPH 121.50 (Sold and gone)
2021 Hyundai Veloster-N (SCCA Solo D-Street)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (SCCA Solo STX)
WNY SCCA-Region Auto-X Program Chair
S8n

Post by S8n »

whipped wrote:Damn man, sorry to hear that. Is it Crohn's?

Hope you get better, because I'd rather you didn't sell your fiero.

:confused:
Not crohns, it's called ulcerative colitis. Right now its at a point where if the current meds don't start to work soon, the affected parts of the large intestine and colon will have to be removed (which is just about all of them).
I appreciate the support, as I really don't want to sell it either.
-Chuck
chukjagr@hotmail.com
S8n

Post by S8n »

I would also sell the rolling chassis without the engine. Make me an offer.
-Chuck
chukjagr@hotmail.com
S8n

Post by S8n »

People have expressed interest in the engine and chassis separately, so here's what I can do: Either everything for $9500, or:
The rolling chassis for $3500 for the car itself including transmissions, engine/tranny adapter, flywheel/clutch assembly, custom cradle with all engine mounts, custom dash and gauges, fuel pump and lines.
The engine assembly for $6500 which includes engine from fuel rail to oil pan. LS6 intake, 40# injectors, forged rods and pistons, underdrive balancer, oil pan has been modded to clear starter, but can still be used in any application.
I also have a stand-alone wiring harness from Speartech as well as the ECM which can go either way, depending on the deal.

Again, I would love to keep it, but the way things look, even if I do get better soon, it'll be at least two months before I can get back to working on it. My Mom really needs her garage space back for supplies for home improvements before then. :(
-Chuck
chukjagr@hotmail.com
Mlevair

Post by Mlevair »

I had my entire colon taken out because of ulcerative colitis I feel your pain I was 29 years old. It takes awhile but you will feel better!
Michael LeVeque
If you have any questions email me.
Mlevair@sbcglobal.net
Michael LeVeque
84 2.5 250hp autocross fiero
86Se 6 fiero
66Yenko Stinger
66 corvair autocrosser
S8n

Post by S8n »

Mlevair wrote:I had my entire colon taken out because of ulcerative colitis I feel your pain I was 29 years old. It takes awhile but you will feel better!
Michael LeVeque
If you have any questions email me.
Mlevair@sbcglobal.net
Thanks! I was in for an EGD yesterday, still recovering from it. Best thing cam say right now is that drugs are my friends.
-Chuck
chukjagr@hotmail.com
Mlevair

Post by Mlevair »

All of my projects kept my spirits up and helped in my recovery because it made me get out of my lazy boy. It has been 10 years and my life is better than before.
Michael
Michael LeVeque
84 2.5 250hp autocross fiero
86Se 6 fiero
66Yenko Stinger
66 corvair autocrosser
S8n

Post by S8n »

That's good to know. These past few months have been a toll on me, physically and mentally.
-Chuck
chukjagr@hotmail.com
S8n

Post by S8n »

-Chuck
chukjagr@hotmail.com
whipped

Post by whipped »

Love your car....... possibly because it looks exactly like mine.

I hope you make some decent coin on this, and don't get screwed :salute:
S8n

Post by S8n »

I already know that I'm gonna get screwed. There's really nothing I can do about it. I had surgery last week, and now I know there is no way in hell that I can finish it.
-Chuck
chukjagr@hotmail.com