L67 build by Sinister Perf. with some extras

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

L67 build by Sinister Perf. with some extras

Post by AkursedX »

Edit: I thought the title needed to be changed.

Just got off the phone with Ed Morad, this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... R40QQfviZ1 is now mine and is being shipped off to Sinister Performance in Fort Wayne this weekend!

Friday March 2nd I will then trailer my Fiero down there for the swap! This summer will be the first time since 2003 that I will be driving my 88GT! I am so stoked right now! I will bring my camera along and will have pictures of the adventure.

There will be some mods done. I will add a list later in the week after I go and talk with Ryan in person about the swap. There's not going to be heavy mods. I currently have an l67 in my garage that will be rebuilt from the ground up while I am driving around and actually enjoying my car for once.

And already I would like to give a big thanks to both Ryan (aka: Darth Fiero/Sinister Fiero) and Ed Morad for taking the time to work with me for some special shipping arrangements. Ed is actually going to deliver this in person on the weekend to Fort Wayne.

Anyways, I will update this thread periodically throughout the process.
Last edited by AkursedX on Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'88 Fiero GT- 3800 Turbo Best E.T. 11.36 Best MPH 121.50 (Sold and gone)
2021 Hyundai Veloster-N (SCCA Solo D-Street)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (SCCA Solo STX)
WNY SCCA-Region Auto-X Program Chair
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

cool.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Congrats man. He does good work. You wont' be dissapointed.

Nice guy too. Afterall he puts up with my shit.
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

You're going to love it. Try to stay out of trouble.
My Fiero is now a Finale. The end.
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

stimpy wrote: Try to stay out of trouble.
Not gonna happen. Already looking at camera mounts for vids :angry:
product1620

Post by product1620 »

Awesome, dude, congrats! :thumbleft:
1998 Mustang GT
You can't piss on what you can't catch.
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

Well my engine and tranny are sitting at Sinister's waiting to go in. Today I recieved my ZZP short-stack intercooler. I was also supposed to get the power-log manifold and a modular pulley setup with a 3.5" pulley but they didn't ship those until today :cussing:

I leave for Buffalo this morning and will have the car all loaded up tonight. Friday will be spent driving 800 miles round-trip to get the work started.

As far as mods go, here's a list:

-l67 and 4t65e-HD swap
-ZZP short stack intercooler
-Ported blower
-Northstar TB
-ZZP power log (Replaces the back manifold which is the most restrictive part of the exhaust)
-3" exhaust (cat and resonated tips)
-3.5" modular ZZP pulley
-CAI

I have another l67 that I am going to do all my internal mods to. But that's a project for next year. I'm sure I'll be happy with this for the summer.
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

Well after a total of 1450 miles of driving last weekend, my Fiero is safely in the garage at Sinister Performance.

It was quite a trip though.....

Thursday, I drove from Detroit to Buffalo in a 25mph headwind. I hit bad snow from London all the way to Burlington. I did not get above 50mph for over 100 miles of my trip. It took me 6 hours to do a trip that usually takes 4.

I get home and get my Fiero loaded up on the trailer. Unfortunately my Fiero sits too low and I was not able to open the door to get out. I had to crawl through the window and leave it open. Due to the fact that is was raining like mad, I had to tape it up. Fortunately I was able to find some cole weather tape that was able to adhere to the cold and wet body.

Friday morning my father and I get on the road about 5:45am. Once again we spend the entire 438 miles driving into a 25mph headwind. And let me tell you, it's no fun doing that with a chevy silverado with a ~4500lb load. It took about 8 hours to get there.

We make it to Fort Wayne with no incident and get the Fiero unloaded. I get my paperwork all sorted out and we were back on the road. I wish I could have spent a bit more time there, but I wanted to get back at a decent time.

The drive home was not bad. It was the only time I was NOT driving into a 25mph headwind my entire trip. It cost $100 in gas to get there and only $50 to get home. I think that explains the effect of a load and a terrible headwind does to gas mileage. It took about 6.5hrs to get back.

The rest of my weekend was spent drinking and celebrating my nephews' 1st b-day.

I leave on Monday, once again driving into a 25mph headwind. Once I get to London (I have forsaken that wasteland), I run into an enormous blizzard. I mean I could not see 4-feet in front of my car! Fortunately it didn't last too long. But the time I was in it, I saw so many accidents that it wasn't even funny. I actually witnessed 3-semis slam into each other going the other way. It was a bit loud. That trip only took me 4.5 hours due to doing 90mph in clear areas.

So I am glad that it all done and now I will be excitedly waiting while my car gets transformed.
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

Well things seem to be progressing well. Aside from the earlier mods mentioned, I also upgraded the rockers to 1.84 zzp rockers.
Jinxmutt

Post by Jinxmutt »

never realized the SSIC hoses were so small. That mod list looks like it'll make for a fun car!
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

Jinxmutt wrote:never realized the SSIC hoses were so small. That mod list looks like it'll make for a fun car!
Yeah, only 3/8"id. It runs with a flojet pump and a pretty good sized radiator so it should do the job. After seeing how low Ryan mounts the engine on the cradle, I should probably have got a full IC. No biggie though. I'm not looking for an 11-second car. Mid to high 12's should be just fine. Oh, I should also mention, the exhaust is going to be 3" into a magnaflow muffler.
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

Just a few more teaser pics from May. Should be done pretty soon! Oh yeah, along with the previously mentioned mods, I also went with ZZP's 1.84 rockers.

The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

What kind of fuel rails are those?
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:What kind of fuel rails are those?
Modified series-3 rails. Ryan came up with a custom solution to solve my fuel-rail issues (due to the intercooler) without having to shell out the $400 for ZZP fuel logs.

Things like this are a great example of Ryan's creativity and I cannot say enough about my experience so far in my dealings with him.
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

Motor is in

Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

updates?
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

God wrote: Things like this are a great example of Ryan's creativity and I cannot say enough about my experience so far in my dealings with him.
Agreed. He is an asset to our community.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:updates?
Well it's getting closer to completion. As of last week, the engine bay wiring is done, the exhaust is done, and the trans-cooler is done.

I think the things that are still being worked on is the sunbird tach guage, the intercooler installation, a/c lines, the completion of the axles, and an alignment.

Not many more pics. I will post how the SSIC rad is going to be installed. Since there is not much space and I elected to keep my a/c, Ryan is having to low-mount the rad. It's a tight squeeze and at the worst I might rub a hose here and there.

But all in all, it's creeping towards the end and I'm definietly looking foward to a whole new driving experience.

Pics:

Here's one of my exhaust tips prior to installation:

Boscolingus

Post by Boscolingus »

very clean install, but I can't put my finger on it - it just looks too plain

how much of a pain to polish the SC and the Tranny case? Just wonderin cause it's in plain sight
A.K.A. Chicken McNizzle on Old Europe
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

Boscolingus wrote:very clean install, but I can't put my finger on it - it just looks too plain

how much of a pain to polish the SC and the Tranny case? Just wonderin cause it's in plain sight
That stuff will be changed eventually. I just didn't have the time/funds to dress stuff up fancy now. Next year I will probably drop the cradle and give the engine bay a full detail