Relocating fuel vapor canister to trash can.

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

Nemesis
ass

Relocating fuel vapor canister to trash can.

Post by Nemesis »

Is it not a good idea to remove this? My intercooler has invaded it's space. Should I just relocate it (no idea where I could put it) or can it be removed? And what is the proper way to deal with the fuel and vacuum lines to and from it?
p8ntman442
cant get enough of this site!

Post by p8ntman442 »

vent it right to the intake! fuel vapors going into the combustion chamber, what a terrible thing.

uhhh wait, you would pull a vaccume on your fuel tank. scratch that idea.

Vent it to the ground. FUCK THE EPA.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Keep it. You will experience significant evaporation loss of your fuel if you ditch it an vent the tank to atmosphere.
Jinxmutt

Post by Jinxmutt »

relocate to pass side.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

I relocated mine toward the left to the rear bumper on the left side to the left of the left frame rail. It's sort of above (and to the left of) the left exhaust tip. Completely out of sight.
Nemesis
ass

Post by Nemesis »

Series8217 wrote:I relocated mine toward the left to the rear bumper on the left side to the left of the left frame rail. It's sort of above (and to the left of) the left exhaust tip. Completely out of sight.
Yeah, my cruise control vacuum can is completely hidden there already. I'm running out of places to hide things, and I'd really like this thing hidden from sight.

I think I can stuff it in the former home of the intake water trap.
befarrer

Post by befarrer »

Dont you want to keep that thing above the gas tank so it doesnt fill up with fuel?
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

befarrer wrote:Dont you want to keep that thing above the gas tank so it doesnt fill up with fuel?
If you're filling up the vent line with fuel... its not going to matter where it is ;-)
cactus bastard

Post by cactus bastard »

You still want any fuel that does happen to make it's way into the vent line to be able to drain back to the tank.
I guess it would be pretty difficult for liquid fuel to get very far up the vent line regardless.
Why would you eat bad ice cream?
Blue Shift

Post by Blue Shift »

Shitcan it, then relate the vent hose to your distributor, or failing that, your DIS coilpack. :la:
Nemesis
ass

Post by Nemesis »

Too late. It's now where the water trap was.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Blue Shift wrote:Shitcan it, then relate the vent hose to your distributor, or failing that, your DIS coilpack. :la:
:flamethrower: