Post by eHoward »

You eat meat Ed?
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

eHoward wrote:You eat meat Ed?
Nope, and like all anemic vegetarian pussies, I’m 6’1â€
Lex

Post by Lex »

EBSB52 wrote: Most people can’t understand that, but they do understand colon cancer, which has been primarily traced to red meat consumption, so the cow does get revenge.

Wow, a dead cow gets revenge? :scratch:

That's increadibly illogical.
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

Lex wrote:
EBSB52 wrote: Most people can’t understand that, but they do understand colon cancer, which has been primarily traced to red meat consumption, so the cow does get revenge.

Wow, a dead cow gets revenge? :scratch:

That's increadibly illogical.
It's along the lines of a scenario like this: A guy jumps you in the ally, a fight ensues, you end up with skin under your nails or some kind of DNA left by him, they run the typical DNA tests and find it's a guy that's been in & out of prison and they go pick him up and convict him based solely on that evidence. Your DNA laiden dead corpse would them be the platform for you getting revenge in a post mortem sense.

I understand this issue is touchy, and with most issues like this, people pick on fringe issues and statements instead of actually addressing the core. It's kind of the same reason that people won't answer my political issues; they are so easy to defend from my point that they are impossible to defend from the other. Can you find 1 thing that Bush has done that is a benefit the country? Stating: The Iraq War ...... isn't comprehensive, but explaining why, can be if successful. Just as this issue goes, seldom will people address the issue, just find a fringe to make their argument upon.

Anyway, to say that a cow can revenge for its unnecessary death is a rational, logical and effective way to describe the results of people who eat red meat and contract colon cancer, arterial disease, and many other health ailments.
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

p8ntman442 wrote:awesome, penn and teller may be wierd, but they said it best right here.

Jamie "get the fuck out of my country" Spalding
We should have that in our pledge on allegiance so our kids can become brainwashed early in life that dissention from the so-called status quo will result in being deported........ kind of like antimiscegination laws.
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

Lex wrote:
EBSB52 wrote:[ Look at your teeth, or better yet, right now go to the store and buy a steak, eat it and see if you are here to write another post. Our teeth and the rest of our digestive systems aren’t designed to eat read meat, maybe fish.
Teeth don't matter. Humans can cook and process their food. If YOU can't digest or chew meat fine, but in a world of 6 billion people do you think that rule applies to everyone? Not everyone can break down lactic acid, but that doesn't mean everyone else should be forced to quit eating dairy.

Personally, I like my duck, lamb, and especially beef nearly raw. A steak that's only light browned on the outside yet still red and bloody, fuck yeah... nothing like. :thumbleft:
Teeth don't matter. Humans can cook and process their food.

And they could thousands of years ago? Even if you believe the "Short Earth" theories of 6,000 years as given us by the thumpers, we weren't given stoves and refigerators. Contemporarily we can adjust for the fact that our bodies can't eat many meats in their raw form, by biological / anatomical design has to do with us as animals, not SUV-driving eco-hogs. So yes, my argument was that our biological / anatomical design includes our teeth as part of our digestive system and we aren't naturally equiped to digest read meat very well.

If YOU can't digest or chew meat fine, but in a world of 6 billion people do you think that rule applies to everyone?

Generally, yes. Some people will have a greater or lesser genetic propensity to contract various cancers or other diseases with the same diets as those who don't contrct these diseases. So there is no absolute diagram of diets with most fodds and people, unless you talk about poisons that kill everyone.

Not everyone can break down lactic acid, but that doesn't mean everyone else should be forced to quit eating dairy.

That's an abberation. What % of all people are lactose intollerant? I'd guess maybe 1 or 2%. How about allergic to peanuts? Far less than 1%. I'm not looking for the needle in the haystack; I'm talking about the haystack.

Personally, I like my duck, lamb, and especially beef nearly raw. A steak that's only light browned on the outside yet still red and bloody, fuck yeah... nothing like. :thumbleft:

If you're looking for a rise from me, don't waste your time. I simply do what I can live with, I don't protest, don't get any mailings from any protest groups, never donated, etc.... Actually duck is probably good for you. Lamb, I don't know about that. Red meat, bad for you every way. If you get it too raw, as cooking kills bacteria, then you will get a bacterial infection that can easily kill you. If there is some machismo attached to eating a raw steak, I understand as that is part of why I skydive.

As a note: Your teeth are part of your digestive system, just as your saliva is too.

Also: The appendix is a unique part of our historical anatomy:

Hypothesized functions for the appendix include lymphatic, exocrine, endocrine, and neuromuscular. However, most physicians and scientists believe the appendix lacks significant function, and that it exists primarily as a vestigial remnant of the larger cellulose-digesting cecum found in our herbivorous ancestors.

That explains that we were designed as herbovoires but became omnivoires unnaturally through a choice to eat meat. I think the argument is sound that we were never designed to eat red meat by way of our teeth and the rest of our digestive systems.

So to say that people who care about animal welfare are all a bunch anemic panty-wastes is pathetic, to whomever would say that. Again, taking a 1% minority and making the the representantive whole.

Get mad, call any animal lover names, do what you want, but just enjoy your arterial stint in your 50's if you eat a lot of red meat, to be followed up by your colonectomy, colostomy bag and early death.
Lex

Post by Lex »

EBSB52 wrote: Anyway, to say that a cow can revenge for its unnecessary death is a rational, logical and effective way to describe the results of people who eat red meat and contract colon cancer, arterial disease, and many other health ailments.
It's not logical. A piece of cow can not exact revenge after its dead, cooked, and the digested.

But I'll try and roll with your logic for a sec. What if I just went out and just tortured animals to death just to get my jollies? And for the moment let's assume a) I don’t eat meat b) I am not going to eat the animals I am killing and c) No one ever catches me committing these acts.

Now, can the poor little animals "revenge for unnecessary death"???

You say you eat fish. Do fish have fewer rights than a cow? Are the fish absolutely necessary to eat? If not can a dead fish "revenge for its unnecessary death" as well?

I had the impression you were a pretty hardcore liberal and with that impression came the assumption that you were an atheist. But you use superficial logic and cling to your “valuesâ€
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

Weponhead wrote:fine we'll all eat veggies and fish "maybe" and we will let all the other animals just live however the fuck they want , there will be cows shitting in my yard. Lets see if we can all survive on carrots , tofu and lettuce... yea ok, and that cow shitting in my yard just ate my garden . oh FUCK i have no food. yea its a VERY blunt and unthoughtout view but its what im thinking right now, bite me.
Don't forget that most of the cows alive today, virtually all, are products of factory farming not wild procreation. I'm not advocating we be like India, just quit factory farming including the pumping of hormones.

Actually carrots and lettuce provide no food value, just primarily vitamins. So I'm not advocating that, but what I am saying is that we can produce enough grain to feed all humans. Protein can be gaine from other sources, I believe tofu has it, but I have only eaten that a couple times. I drink a lot of milk, which is where I get mine. Beans and nuts are great source of protein.

Lets see if we can all survive on carrots , tofu and lettuce... yea ok, and that cow shitting in my yard just ate my garden . oh FUCK i have no food.

Do know that the corn and grain produced to feed the cows is so enormous in quantity that it could feed our county several times over if fed to us instead of to the cows, then yeild the meat. There is mostly waste along that chain.
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

whipped wrote:
zonyl wrote: After getting off the plane in OH on my way to a convention for "Animal Husbandry" equipment manufacturers
come again?
Maybe he's from Montana :3some:
Lex

Post by Lex »

EBSB52 wrote: That's an abberation. What % of all people are lactose intollerant? I'd guess maybe 1 or 2%. How about allergic to peanuts? Far less than 1%. I'm not looking for the needle in the haystack; I'm talking about the haystack.
The prevalence of lactose intolerance
in adults of certain ethnic groups
Ethnic Group Percent Intolerant
African Blacks 95%
Indians 90%
Asians 90%
North American Blacks 75%
Mexican Americans 75%
Mediterraneans 60%
North American Whites 15%
http://lactoseintolerant.org/02_about.html

Lactose intolerance affects as many as 75 percent of the worlds population.
http://members.aol.com/profchm/myers.html
EBSB52 wrote: If there is some machismo attached to eating a raw steak, I understand as that is part of why I skydive..
No. I just enjoy it that way. Cooking it kills the experience.
EBSB52 wrote: Also: The appendix is a unique part of our historical anatomy:
However, most physicians and scientists believe the appendix lacks significant function, and that it exists primarily as a vestigial remnant of the larger cellulose-digesting cecum found in our herbivorous ancestors.
So our herbivorous ancestors needed it but not us... :scratch: Interesting.
EBSB52 wrote: that our biological / anatomical design
:CRINGE:

So you believe we were "designed"?
I believe we evolved and are still evolving.[/b]
Oversteer

Post by Oversteer »

EBSB52 wrote:
eHoward wrote:You eat meat Ed?
Nope, and like all anemic vegetarian pussies, I’m 6’1â€
He called the shit poop
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

Lex wrote:
EBSB52 wrote: Anyway, to say that a cow can revenge for its unnecessary death is a rational, logical and effective way to describe the results of people who eat red meat and contract colon cancer, arterial disease, and many other health ailments.
It's not logical. A peice of cow can not exact revenge after its dead, cooked, and the digested.

But I'll try and roll with your logic for a sec. What if I just went out and just tortured animals to death just to get my jollies? And for the moment let's assume a) I don’t eat meat b) I am not going to eat the animals I am killing and c) No one ever catches me committing these acts.

Now, can the poor little animals "revenge for unnecessary death"???

You say you eat fish. Do fish have fewer rights than a cow? Are the fish absolutely necessary to eat? If not can a dead fish "revenge for its unnecessary death" as well?

I had the impression you were a pretty hardcore liberal and with that impression came the assumption that you were an atheist. But you use superficial logic and cling to your “valuesâ€
Lex

Post by Lex »

EBSB52 wrote: Lex is making the issue about me.
Not really.

From time to time I like to give the "virtual ant hill" a nice swift kick. I don't know why...
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

Lex wrote:
EBSB52 wrote: That's an abberation. What % of all people are lactose intollerant? I'd guess maybe 1 or 2%. How about allergic to peanuts? Far less than 1%. I'm not looking for the needle in the haystack; I'm talking about the haystack.
African Blacks 95%
Indians 90%
Asians 90%
Mexican Americans 75%
Mediterraneans 60%
http://lactoseintolerant.org/02_about.html

Lactose intolerance affects as many as 75 percent of the worlds population.
http://members.aol.com/profchm/myers.html
EBSB52 wrote: If there is some machismo attached to eating a raw steak, I understand as that is part of why I skydive..
No. I just enjoy it that way. Cooking it kills the experience.
EBSB52 wrote: Also: The appendix is a unique part of our historical anatomy:
However, most physicians and scientists believe the appendix lacks significant function, and that it exists primarily as a vestigial remnant of the larger cellulose-digesting cecum found in our herbivorous ancestors.
So our herbivorous ancestors needed it but not us... :scratch: Interesting.
EBSB52 wrote: that our biological / anatomical design
:CRINGE:

So you believe we were "designed"?
I believe we evolved and are still evolving.[/b]

African Blacks 95%
Indians 90%
Asians 90%
Mexican Americans 75%
Mediterraneans 60%

My site:

http://kidshealth.org/teen/food_fitness ... rance.html

“Most people with lactose intolerance are able to eat a small amount of dairy, but the trick is to remember to always eat the dairy in combination with other foods that don't contain lactose and not go overboard.

Choose lactose-reduced or lactose-free milk. Take a lactase enzyme supplement (such as Lactaid) just before you eat dairy products. These can be taken in drops or tablets and even added directly to milk (they tend to make milk taste a bit sweeter if left for a long time).

When you do drink milk or eat lactose-containing foods, eat other non-lactose foods at the same meal to slow digestion and avoid problems. (For example, if you are going to have a milkshake, don't drink it by itself. Have something else with it - like a healthy sandwich.)â€
Dirty Sanchez

Post by Dirty Sanchez »

Im confused. :scratch: Isn't PETA= People Eating Tasty Animals ? :angel:
I treat others as they treat me
Oversteer

Post by Oversteer »

Fish do have nervous systems, the old wifes tale of fish don't feel pain has been blown out of the water by certifiable scientific studies. When you catch a fish, it feels the pain, it feels the hook in its mouth. When it is being harvested, it feels the pain of its gills burning as it tries to process atmospheric oxygen. Fish are also not as healthy as people think, fish are subject to high levels of heavy metals and biochemicals such as DDT, PCB, and so on. These chemicals are fat soluble and bioaccumulate as you go further up the food chain. That is why Whales that are found dead in the St Lawerence River have to be disposed of as toxic waste, they have levels of heavy metals and biochemicals that would cause adverse impacts to humans and birth defects. Same situation for carp would consume large amount of small crustaceans and invertebrates.

Fish is small quantities is fine, but for women in child bearing years it is recommended that they consume one meal or less each month, and it is better to consume none at all. Now these effects are much different from fresh water system to marine system, as dilution still seems to be the solution to pollution. <--- statement not to be taken literally.
He called the shit poop
Oversteer

Post by Oversteer »

Ok this is the last thing I am going to say in this post as I think this whole argument could go on for years and have no real positive result.

You look at our teeth and say we were never meant to eat meat?? Common sense indeed, but in the same theme we are for the most part bare skinned and not really prepared for the harsh environments in which we live. So by the teeth theory where were humans meant to live? And maybe the evolutionary step of covering ourselves in man made fabrics for warmth is similar to us cooking our food for consumption.

Also look at indigenous cultures prior to Europeans settling in North America and other parts of the world. You will notice that the natives here ate meat, the natives in other areas ate meat. These cultures were all separate of each other, and like the birds and animals first studied by Darwin, they evolve individually to survive. All of these cultures knew to cover themselves with clothing, they also hunted and ate meat among other things. These cultures didn't read a common newspaper and just happened to know what to do, they did it on their own. They adapted to the environment. I am not saying that eating red meat is great for your health because its not, that doesn't mean we are not suppose to eat meat. Some plants will kill you upon your first bite, does that mean we are no supposed to eat plants?

People can argue against vegetarianism as well as you need to properly balance your diet, pick and choose what you eat in order to get all the proper nutrients and proteins needed for survival. Plus with the amount of GMO's out there and the many cases of sickness caused by these. Also the amount of pesticides and chemicals used on vegetables and fruits, more so then are subjected to crops fed to livestock.

I am as neutral as they come on this one, but the claim that colon cancer is caused by red meat? Come on, are forefathers lived to healthy ages with not anywhere near as many problems as we have today. Its not the food itself that’s killing us, its what’s in it. Remember that, we are killing ourselves, and you can blame that on the corporations that our governments support. Companies like Dupont who now own the majority of the chemical and seed companies supplying the agricultural industry. And as this power ultimately leads to money, they have developed seed stock that has a higher tolerance to pesticides and chemicals additives so that they can also push there chemical industries, and those are the ones that are going to kill you.

Take one steak, and then take a tomato freshly covered in industrial standard pesticide, take a bite of both, then you'll know that both are going to get ya, and for the same and different reasons.

Do not try and use the rest of nature as a comparison to humans, we are part of nature but definitely do not follow the same rules as the rest of the bunch.

My last two cents, do with it what you will.

Hey P8ntman, what’s with the get out of my country bullshit anyways? You’re a father now, show some compassion for the rest of the world and teach your child that, instead of the narrow minded bullshit you sometime sign off with. Your not originally from here either my friend, and your not as ignorant as your statements, or so I assume anyways.
He called the shit poop
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Oversteer wrote:Come on, are forefathers lived to healthy ages with not anywhere near as many problems as we have today.
Say what?
Just in the early 20th century, when social security was founded, the retirement age was 65. Average life expectancy was 62... Tell me again who long people used to live...
Weponhead

Post by Weponhead »

hey ebsb , ever eat field corn? lol yea its like trying to eat rocks. and sweetcorn does not keep even 1 100th the life of field corn. thats fundamentally flawed
Oversteer

Post by Oversteer »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:
Oversteer wrote:Come on, are forefathers lived to healthy ages with not anywhere near as many problems as we have today.
Say what?
Just in the early 20th century, when social security was founded, the retirement age was 65. Average life expectancy was 62... Tell me again who long people used to live...

Good point, but in an attempt to reword my statement I will refer to the people that are 70-100 and alive right now. There are alot of people that have lived good lives to 80 or 90 while eating meat their entire lives.

I realize my wording wasn't exactly the best.
He called the shit poop