Moderator: ericjon262

z.MacK
Use a smaller avatar

Do you know what beef is

Post by z.MacK »

?
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

It's an unsustainable food source which is raping our planet of it's resources, polluting our environment, and killing thousands if not hundreds of thousands of people each year with its steroids, horomones, and other said chemicals in order to turn a higher profit for the corporate vultures who make their living on the death of humans and the destruction of the Earth our mother.

Your Fuhrer

Diggity"Sick of civilization and it's horrors"Biggity
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

Oh yeah..forgot to mention most of it carries what Britain has coined Mad Cow Disease..Or spongiform encephalitis..also known as Hostile Bovine Disorder..either way..it can lay dormant in your system for years before ever activating..and if you compare statistics of alzeimers from 50 years ago..to today..and compare that with meat consumption and the rise in it..it basically proves that alzeimers might not be our problem after all..

whatever

YourFuhrer

Diggity"Gonna Die of Something"Biggity
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

Beef, that's the stuff that is littered around India while millions there are starving to death.....
'88 Fiero GT- 3800 Turbo Best E.T. 11.36 Best MPH 121.50 (Sold and gone)
2021 Hyundai Veloster-N (SCCA Solo D-Street)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (SCCA Solo STX)
WNY SCCA-Region Auto-X Program Chair
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

It takes 10 pounds of grain to make 1 pound of beef..and water..thousands upon thousands of gallons for one pound..if America was to reduce their meat consumption by 10%, we could feed the starving people of the world 6x over..obviously their are logistical problems with distribution of the food..but just the meer fact that all we would have to do is reduce consumption by 10% to save 45,000-52,000 people a day..I don't think that's really to much to ask from fat,obese, Americans..

Your Fuhrer

Diggity"I hate ignorant fat sluts"Biggity
zonyl
not really

Post by zonyl »

Our economy thrives on waste.. If more Americans were more careful spending their money and buying only necessities, we would probably end up being a starving country needing help.
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

Do I really need to reply to that? I mean..come on..think before you speak..

Your Fuhrer

Diggity"Not responding to thoughtless claims"Biggity

P.s. I do agree Americans "waste" massive amounts of money..but still, it doesn't do anything but hurt the world and the worlds economy in the long run..
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

diggitybiggity wrote:It takes 10 pounds of grain to make 1 pound of beef..and water..thousands upon thousands of gallons for one pound..if America was to reduce their meat consumption by 10%, we could feed the starving people of the world 6x over..obviously their are logistical problems with distribution of the food..but just the meer fact that all we would have to do is reduce consumption by 10% to save 45,000-52,000 people a day..I don't think that's really to much to ask from fat,obese, Americans..

Your Fuhrer

Diggity"I hate ignorant fat sluts"Biggity
I agree that beef is quite inefficient as a food product, although I still like to tear into a good steak every now and then. I'm pretty much a chicken person.

One thing that does particularly annoy me though is how India has more cows than any other nation in the world, consuming the large amounts of natural resources that you already spoke of, when if they'd just kill the fuckers, sell that meat to us U.S. fatties, and then use the funds to grow some crops of their own, they might actually be able to feed some people.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

We could probably feed the world just fine by doing away with farming subsidies and selling the excess grain on the world market and we wouldn't have to reduce our beef consumption.
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

Good suggestion..and I agree, there isn't just one way to skin a cat..and that option is viable..however..I like the reduction of 10% better, not only because it feeds to world..but because it leaves a much lighter footprint on the planet. If humans would step back for a second, and take a look at what they were doing. We might realize that our grandchildren have no future if we continue in this direction..have we all become so selfish as to not care about the next generation..technology is a beautiful thing, and I'm in no way against it. However, it is a double edged sword..which has brought us the capacity to not only feed the world, but also to destroy it. The Indians ((Native Americans)) had a 7 generation philosophy..which whatever they did to the Earth, they thought about the impact of it for the next 7 generations..However, for short term profits, instead on survival of the human race..which is much more long term..we have thrown aside care for our children..and even ourselves with increases in cancer due to poisining of our bodies through polution..Again..I am not against technology, I am against short term profit...over long term effects..

Whatever..just my thoughts spilled out here in an open forum..called Anything Goes...right? :fart:

Your Fuhrer

DiggityBiggity
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Umm... where else are we going to leave a footprint, except on this planet? While Native Americans may have had sufficient stability in their culture to be able to think about 7 generations ahead, we do not. What was our culture like even 3 generations ago? Nothing like what we have now, and 7 generations from now is impossible to predict. At the current pace of advancement of genetic understanding, cancer will be a non-issue in the 22nd century, biological cleanup of industrial waste will be commonplace and you'll be able to buy a ticket to the moon.
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

Simple two-sided arguement.

Diggity-Pessimistic look on the future

Will-Optimistic look on the future

Only time will tell who is right.
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

I'm not a pessimist..I'm a realist..and anyone who looks at our current situation..it doesn't take much to realize we are killing ourselves..However..I am optimistic that technology will save us in the end..it won't happen unless WE do something about it however..what's that something? Whatever you can to stop large corporations ((the major reason for polution)) from getting away with not paying for their polution clean up..

Whatever...no one really cares anyway

Your Fuhrer

Diggity"Living life while my planet is still here"Biggity
zonyl
not really

Post by zonyl »

diggitybiggity wrote:Do I really need to reply to that? I mean..come on..think before you speak..

Your Fuhrer

Diggity"Not responding to thoughtless claims"Biggity

P.s. I do agree Americans "waste" massive amounts of money..but still, it doesn't do anything but hurt the world and the worlds economy in the long run..
Im not making a claim that I think what we do is a good thing, but I am making the claim that if Americans were spending money on chicken instead of steak (same caloric value for less money) we would not have a as good of an economy. Disposable plates, disp. diapers, bi-annual cell-phone purchases, roof-wings, spinners, Pay-per-view Wrestling, etc, is the wasteful way of the American life, but it keeps a lot of people in jobs. How many "roof-wing" assembler jobs are available by African Corporations?

Thoughtless, I would have to disagree. Look up the Keynesianism Economic Theory, as that is its main premise. There have been cricitics of this theory for economic evaluation, however, it is has never been completely dismissed by anyone.
Last edited by zonyl on Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zonyl
not really

Post by zonyl »

diggitybiggity wrote:I'm not a pessimist..I'm a realist..

Whatever...no one really cares anyway
Spoken like a true Realist. Millions more people spend time concerned about who is going to be the next American Idol, than they do wondering why their relative who lives next to a steel mill is really dying from Lung Cancer.

BTW: Ill try and find you on H2 tonight.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

diggitybiggity wrote: .and if you compare statistics of alzeimers from 50 years ago..to today..and compare that with meat consumption and the rise in it..it basically proves that alzeimers might not be our problem after all..
In the brains of patients who have died with Alzeimers they find high concentrations of Aluminum. Aluminum cookware and pop cans and such have also risen in the last 50 years as Aluminum becomes cheaper.

I don't think it has a direct link with beef, but it could. If they knew how to prevent it I'm sure they would tell the general populance.

Watch, someday they will anounce aluminum is a major health hazard, just like they did with lead and mercury.
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

I wouldn't be surprised by the aluminum theory..however, just because it's bad for us, doesn't mean the general public is going to be made aware. If they can still make money with it, they'll do everything they can to keep it a secret.

Your Fuhrer

Diggity"Not gonna worry about it anymore"Biggity
trigger

Post by trigger »

may cause cancer in california.
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

God wrote:
One thing that does particularly annoy me though is how India has more cows than any other nation in the world, consuming the large amounts of natural resources that you already spoke of, when if they'd just kill the fuckers, sell that meat to us U.S. fatties, and then use the funds to grow some crops of their own, they might actually be able to feed some people.
According to the Hindu belief system, you might as well ask them to butcher their kids. Hindus believe that all sentient beings are equal, and that it is karma that has placed them in the body they posess.
AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

stimpy wrote:

According to the Hindu belief system, you might as well ask them to butcher their kids. Hindus believe that all sentient beings are equal, and that it is karma that has placed them in the body they posess.

Oh I'm well aware of that. I'm just pointing out that once again, religion is making people suffer uneedingly.

And actually, they would butcher their kids before they would a cow. Which is why I LOVE cooking steaks on the grill here in the summertime!