wanna build a fiero for the show "pinks" ?

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

product1620

Post by product1620 »

Im the one who made the other thread shaun is refering too, no one had interest then, and I doubt they will now, but I am willing to throw a couple bucks in if yall seriously want to make this happen. Otherwise I might just eventually build my own car for this.

Edit- I own page 2 nigggas
1998 Mustang GT
You can't piss on what you can't catch.
whipped

Post by whipped »

So sell raffle tickets for $20 ea... if 5% buys in, that's $14000..... winner gets to keep the cars. Or sell and divide the profits out evenly... If they're even worth that much afterwards. From what Iv'e seen they like to blow up cars, and then you've got two scrap heaps for all your time/effort/money.

Of course if it's a grudge match, you don't care because you won.
84fierotrevor

Post by 84fierotrevor »

whipped wrote:

Of course if it's a grudge match, you don't care because you won.
I can get some honda owners over here to talk some shit on the fiero and fiero owners so we can make it a grudge match if need be, lol.
product1620

Post by product1620 »

do it!
1998 Mustang GT
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Send them to .nl. Get all their panties in a bunch. I dont' think anyone here will really car too mcuh. People over there seem to get more bent out of shape when peopel diss a fiero.
whipped

Post by whipped »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:Send them to .nl. Get all their panties in a bunch. I dont' think anyone here will really car too mcuh. People over there seem to get more bent out of shape when peopel diss a fiero.
If you want to see a fiero on pinks, that's how to do it ^^^

(make sure you say a 4 cylinder will beat their v8... V8Archie will probably get in on it then)
product1620

Post by product1620 »

whipped wrote:
Shaun41178(2) wrote:Send them to .nl. Get all their panties in a bunch. I dont' think anyone here will really car too mcuh. People over there seem to get more bent out of shape when peopel diss a fiero.
If you want to see a fiero on pinks, that's how to do it ^^^

(make sure you say a 4 cylinder will beat their v8... V8Archie will probably get in on it then)
thats a good way to see a fiero get beat on pinks. for the record I don't think and import has beat a domestic yet, on that show.
1998 Mustang GT
admin
Admin is not Howard

Post by admin »

whipped wrote:
I doubt it. He will just say he has nothing to prove.
cactus bastard

Post by cactus bastard »

84fierotrevor wrote: ep hatch forum Registered Members: 14,160
whats Old Europe 13,364

so if Old Europe donated 2 dollars instead of 1 .... assuming not all the registerd members there post ... its not to far off.
heh heh, lol.
snark

Sorry. Do you realize how many of those OE guys actually give a shit about anything other than their own particular little fiero issues? Not to mention how many of them even exist? I think your chances of finding Honda guys with something to prove may be somewhat higher.

I love my fiero. For all sorts of reasons. But I don't expect everybody else to share them, or recognize the fiero "greatness". And I certainly wouldn't go trying to Prove this greatness.

It's a wonderful sentiment, but there are a couple huge facts in the way:
1: most fiero owners simply don't care
2: a realistically prepped honda could probably kick a similarly prepped fiero anyway
Why would you eat bad ice cream?
cactus bastard

Post by cactus bastard »

84fierotrevor wrote: I can get some honda owners over here to talk some shit on the fiero and fiero owners so we can make it a grudge match if need be, lol.
Oops, I missed page two somehow before responding.

You're right, some of these suggestions could make a big difference to the attitudes of the masses.
Why would you eat bad ice cream?
Pyrthian

Post by Pyrthian »

good luck with this....
kinda tough to get result when you are advertising to maybe 10 people. this forum is kinda light on users.
and, on PEF, you've talking to show-n-shine guys. ask them how to polish the car for Pinks, and you'll get all kindsa responses....
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

Dude, I've already pm'd you twice with a pledge for a powerplant. The money is funny now, but by spring it shouldn't be an issue. Of course, after watching what happened on .nl with their charity car, I'm not sending shit to someone I can't check on and trust. If Series builds and drives the car, then not only to I trust his integrity and abilities in building the car, he weighs maybe 100 pounds soaking wet. The Fiero could nevah loose.
mysticfire6602

Post by mysticfire6602 »

well like i said, ill try to get my dsm forum directed to the idea, but the site is down until they switch it to another server
Mr. Pat

Post by Mr. Pat »

by spring ill have a couple hundred to swing towards the project. but this time of year isnt known as big money time in the car industry. Gut the car, shove something thatll hold a good shot of spray for 5 passes max and see what happens.
86 GT, LT1/4T60-E...slower than a crippled dog.
84fierotrevor

Post by 84fierotrevor »

shaun and where talking about it.

and really we arent finding anyway we can build a fiero that will even compete with a 700 hp striped out little light weight civic hatchback.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

you'd need atleast a 10 second fiero for the show

cheapest way to do that is probably a 3800 turbo - but with what transmission?

700hp civic?
Mr. Pat

Post by Mr. Pat »

84fierotrevor wrote:shaun and where talking about it.

and really we arent finding anyway we can build a fiero that will even compete with a 700 hp striped out little light weight civic hatchback.
Sounds like a challenge. maybe a SBC. We all know they cant be beat by a 4 banger. No matter wht its pushing,
86 GT, LT1/4T60-E...slower than a crippled dog.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Post by Unsafe At Any Speed »

mysticfire6602 wrote:well like i said, ill try to get my dsm forum directed to the idea, but the site is down until they switch it to another server
Tuners is down? Wierd. :la:
DreX

Post by DreX »

Im willing to help, I just acquire a 2m6 to fix my GT. I will have some left over parts if need them. THe reality is that if will be done we have to come with a good plan in terms of what engine to swap. Obviously needs to be cheap and powerful. So I vote for a boosted 3800 or ecotec, 4 speed 4.10 tranny on slicks. Trow away ALL that is not essential even the door windows. Just bare frame(body obviously, skinny perhaps?!) and GO parts. Also a NOS kit can be put cheaply. 25psi + 150 shot. All I want is to see if the Fiero cant win let the engine blow trying, no holding back.

Some $$ and ebay can be a good way.

BUT, tranny will hold? Or the drive shafts?
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

Why not an automatic? Is the weight trade off for the strength and reliability worth it? It's got to go a best 3 out of 5, remember.